Tarte Cosmetics BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.2

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This was my first ever makeup item as a young teenager and I was crazy about it. I LOVED how this bb cream felt on application. It's like a hot knife on butter!! The coverage is very light and dries to a nice matte finish. The tube packaging is very sleek and minimalistic-- however, it can get messy at the opening and lid. Nonetheless, this was my HG for most of my high school years. Unfortunately, I had to stop using it senior year as it left a terrible white cast in flash photography and senior year was basically flash photography everyday.

on 8/24/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was devoted to Revlon Colorstay for years, then they changed the formula.. So I continue my search for something to replace their old formula, the struggle is real, it involves a lot of buying and returning and sampling.

While I was using Estee Lauder DW, I wanted something lighter for everyday. The rep at Sephora helped me pick this out, she gave me Medium so that I could wear it when I was back from a trip to Mexico. The color is a tad to dark on me now, so I bought the travel size in Light and find that has an peachy tinge to it, so I like to mix the Light and Medium together, in short, I wish they had more color options.

EDIT: This breaks me out if I wear it everyday, so I wear it randomly but not more than once a week.

My skin: AGE 27, I am super oily, acne prone, clog prone, sensitive skin, large pores. This does not irritate my skin and has not made my hormonal chin acne worse and I have been wearing it for 6 months. I would make sure you moisturize prior to putting this on, even though I have oily skin, if I have any loose flakes I didn't notice before putting this on, this will accentuate it and then they are noticed!

The thing I like about this is I don't have to try when I'm putting it on, as long as I moisturize well I just use my fingers and blend it in, but I am trying to go for the natural look. If I try to layer it or put it on as full coverage it does not work and it looks bad so I don't use it for a glam/made up look.

Pros:
Controls Oil
Easy to apply
Smooths pores
Lasts throughout my work day

Cons:
Shade selection
Can't build coverage
Accentuates dry skin flakes
Doesn't cover redness 100%

on 6/17/2015 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite BB/foundation product that I have ever had. I wish that it lasted a little longer but overall I really like it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought a travel size one at Sephora and man, I wished I got the full size one! The product is very liquid-y and light. Although coverage is meh, but this is meant to be light, so I used my liquid foundation as my concealer, and set everything with Laneige sun powder.

Although I have asian skin tone, I bought the light shade ( I forgot to check the shade, as it was an impulse buy along the Sephora cashiers) but it turns out surprisingly well. However, it seems to oxidise, giving a darker shade towards midday, which is a tad disappointing.

Colours are buildable and blurs out the pores. Will definitely buy this again!

on 5/10/2015 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I wear this at least 5 days a week for school. I'm in the shade fair and it's a perfect color match for me, which is pretty rare because I'm so pale. It gives medium coverage for redness and you don't need to use a lot of product. I've had my tube since mid February and I have a good amount left. The SPF 30 in this stuff is absolutely amazing and makes it perfect for an everyday product. I only wish it was a bit less expensive.. 36, tarte?! Really? I think at the checkout at Sephora there are "travel" sized bottles for around $10, but only in two of the shades. :( I've been looking for a dupe for this but since I can't really find anything, I'll continue to purchase this because it's perfect and has lasted me 3 months so far with a good amount (about 1/2) left. Luckily I still have gift cards from the holidays.

on 3/25/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

EDIT:
After trying this out in a variety of different settings, I don't like it as much as I initially did.. Because the color selection is the equivalent of S!HT and the light is like more of a medium and thus is way too dark, and the fair is way too light.... when you wear this "bb tinted whatever its called" for more than 6ish hours (depends on the weather) it begins to cake up and because the color is not amazng but a "i can make it work with some extra bronzer" it just looks SO BAD after a while and your face ends up looking like a smeared/caked-on-oily pile of ash.

SOOOO, I'm changing my 4 star rating to a 3 star rating because it's 12 hour claim is a load of ...B....S.... :)

-----

Lets start by saying I have oily skin. This bb-tinted 12 hour primer has its fair share of pros and cons.

What I didnt like about this product is that the color selection sucks. Fair was too light and light was way too dark. And i'm not huge on buying 2 and mixing them together, I know some people don't mind doing this, but if I'm paying over 20$ for a foundation/tinted moisturizer, I expect a better color selection.

The second thing I didn't like about it is that It is so overpriced for how much product you get, i mean at about 62$ Canadian with tax... no, its not worth it. It comes in a plastic tube for god sakes!!!

The third thing i didn't like is the feeling of the bb tinted moisturizer, it just feels so weird!! I hate the process of putting it on, it just feels too mousse-like. (Once it's on I don't really feel like I have anything on though)

The only huge pro about this product and is the only reason that I'd probably re-purchase if I don't find anything better, is its lasting power. I haven't tested it out for 12 hours, but its the only product that I don't look greasy within 3 hours. I don't wear a primer underneath or put on a setting spray because in my opinion, for every day, that's just way too many steps.

Also, I have no idea what people are talking about and how it doesn't have enough coverage.....I think this has plenty of coverage and sometimes too much. I never wear concealer with this. As a side note, I don't have blemishes and very rarely get blemishes, I suffer from those damn 'underneath the skin skin-colored pimples' or whatever they're called.

I use this product just to even out my skin tone (I don't have good skin in that regard, I look so sick and have yet to find something that will help with that) and the product accomplishes this well and usually for as long as I want it to on my beloved, dearest oily skin.

For reference, I hated the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (even the oil-free version) not enough coverage/evening out my skin tone and what they claim as oil free is a joke, I was greasy upon application.
Bobbi Brown bb cream is good in my books
smashbox bb & cc, peter thomas roth cc, dior bb are all ok
shiseido tinted moisturizer..lets not even talk about it (aka worst product ever...don't buy it)

I will only repurchase if I don't find anything better, to my oillies out there, please message me if you have suggestions!

on 2/5/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is everything I wanted in a bb cream; I didn't know it would even be possible for that to happen, but it did. I wanted something that would match my skin, sheerly even out my skintone, have a matte finish, and not break me out, and this has done all that. Plus it doesn't have a fragrance, and it's stupid easy to apply with my fingers. The texture is very smooth and matte, and it feels good putting it on. And I don't need to use very much, which is a plus because this is an expensive bb cream for me ($35). But when I tested it at Sephora I was amazed. I'd sampled several other bb creams that day and none of them matched my skin, it was very disappointing. But this one, in fair, fits like a glove, and it's good for my oily skin. I am sold. I will re-buy this many times over, I can already tell. One thing - I don't rely on this for sun protection, as I use such a small amount. I put it on over sunscreen (paula's choice) and it doesn't pill or anything, it just sits nicely on top.

on 8/16/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hardly ever write reviews but in this case I had to. I love love love this Tarte BB Primer. I used it mainly as primer and sunscreen. Pricing isn't as bad if you think about primer and sunscreen combined. The coverage is amazing and I used my sheer foundations with this like now I've been using my Givenchy Tient Couture which is let's say light to medium, with Tarte as primer this gives almost full proof full coverage to hide my freckles away and I know most would say embrace your freckles but freckles doesn't look good on me as I am Asian. Not saying all Asians but I'm saying just on me. I got the sample size I can't remember how I got it and I found it by accidentally as I was cleaning old dried up samples away. I will purchase the full size as soon as this sample is done. Good for daytime and summer time I would say 👍

on 5/30/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product, but it did absolutely nothing for me. In fact it gave me probably the worst breakout I've ever experienced. I wore it as a primer under my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I have some acne scarring as well as some redness on my face. When first applied and combined with the foundation, my skin looked absolutely flawless. However, only a few hours later, my face was like an oil slick. About two weeks into using this product my skin started breaking out everywhere, which is very unusual for me. I discontinued using it and returned it to Sephora. Two weeks later, I'm still trying to get my skin back to normal. On reflection, maybe it was too heavy for my skin as I was wearing it under full coverage foundation.

on 3/19/2014 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG bbcream but it is definitely only for people with normal to oily skin because the mousse texture will accentuate any dry patches that you have on your skin.