Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by skin type : Other
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

2.6

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

I don't always use primers, but i have been lately as my skin has been more oily.
i have only used this on my t-zone where i have a bit of texture that i want to smooth out before using foundation.

this product runs a bit dark, im usually a medium shade and i can use light in this. the texyure of this is your typical silicone based primer.

i like that this is tinted because i can also use this on its own on my lazy days.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

lets see, where do i begin ... i bought this bb cream LAST YEAR April 2013. it is now November 2014, on the tube it says expires dec. 2014 and i am now done with the product. BOY did i LOVE this stuff!! by far this has been the best bb cream for me. a little pricey ($30), but it has lasted this long and was definitely worth it! i will repurchase today. one TINY pump goes a long way. i used it as a moisturizer and primer. one thing i got sooo irritated by is that little bamboo cap, i seem to drop that little sucker everytime i twist open, it seems to slip out of my fingers and fall into the cracks of dirty corners. i havent been to sephora in a while so i hope they changed the packaging.

Cute packaging, but I wish this BB cream wouldn't wipe off so easily. It comes off if I accidentally touch my face or swipe my face with my sleeve. I have good skin and usually don't need more than tinted moisturizer (which I sometimes add more moisturizer to thin it out more), but this product gave my skin a weird texture. It made my skin feel like silicone, like a Barbie doll's legs. I'm not sure if this is something people aim for or not? I prefer to have my skin feel more natural. In the past I have used Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizers, and those products are much higher quality than this. I will continue to use this BB cream because I'm not picky and it doesn't break me out, but if you're someone who is more particular, you might not like this.

on 11/13/2013 8:26:00 PM

I'm hot and cold about this primer. The shade range is not great especially if you're using it as a foundation (which I don't). I got fair at first and it was waaaaay too light. I went back and got light which is a lot darker. It goes on very smooth and fills in my pores. I use this under all my foundations but only in my t-zone. It seems to make my foundation last a few hours longer. I really do like this but it's pretty expensive for a small tube. I've been using the L'Oreal pink primer that comes in a pot and I feel like it's been comparable but without the color. I may purchase again if I get extra cash.

on 8/13/2013 2:32:00 AM

I really wanted to love this product. In fact so much that I am on my second tube. It has all of the essentials that I am looking for in a primer. However, it has wreaked HAVOC on my skin and unfortunately, I have just figured out that this was the culprit. Acne all over including monstrous cystic acne. A breakout bonanza on my face. So aggravating!!!!! Back to smashbox primer which is a great product. I am a fan of the Tarte tinted moisturizer (Smooth Operator) so I will continue using that.

I truly wanted to love this product. It made my skin look great and the color was a perfect match for me(Light, I have about NC 25 skin). BUT this stuff broke me out worse than any product I have ever used. And I don't just mean a little, I mean huge cystic acne on my forhead where I don't ever breakout. I stopped using it about 5 days ago and my skin still looks horrible. And it was pretty great before. I have no idea what is in this that caused my reaction but acne-prone folks beware--this one clogs pores :-(

on 4/4/2013 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This BB primer broke me out. But breakouts aside, I didn't see the point of this product. It left a powdery, slippery feel on my skin, dried my combo skin out a bit, and took too long to blend out. I'd rather use sunscreen as primer and top with an illuminating powder.

I really thought I would like this, and I really did try, but it did not stay on my face at all, and it seem to make my face more oily......BUT I will try it again in a few months after I have my baby and I will do another review, as of now it didnt work for my pregnancy hormone skin