Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not quite a primer, it has tint. Not quite a BB cream, too sheer. Got this to use under my foundations lacking sunscreen and to also up the spf in those that do. If you have ever used a silicone-based primer, then you can understand what I mean when I say it spreads and feels just like a silicone based primer. If you don't, then I suggest you try to sample it and see if you'll like the feeling. Because there is no water as one of the main "base" ingredients, it spreads very silky and then sort of settles in and sets. I chose the shade "fair" and it's almost white, a tad too light for me to wear on its own, and the shade "fair" was too peachy.
It adds a little bit of radiance to an otherwise matte foundation... I have been wearing it under the tarte 12-hour full coverage foundation (rated only spf 15) and I can notice the difference as the full coverage foundation is otherwise dull, I like this combination the best. I also wear it under the tarte hybrid jel (no spf) which is primarily why I got it, but it feels a little heavy, so I don't wear it that often.
I give it one lippie off because it is so very heavy on the 'cones... if I try to apply more than a tiny amount it feels heavy and makes me itch around my nose. I'm not sure exactly how much of this I should be applying to get the SPF 30 either. I'm going to have to give it more time to make a decision on whether or not I'd repurchase it.

on 4/11/2017 2:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I don't know about this one.. it feels very silicony and has minimal coverage. I tried it on it's own w/o foundation once and it separated like crazy and looked horrible after 5h. As a primer under my foundation it smoothens my skin but doesn't make foundation last longer. I hoped I could use this on it's own in the summer for sheer coverage due to the spf30 in it but that ain't gonna happen, as a primer it's just average. I find it to be too expensive for what it is so wouldn't repurchase but I'll try to use it up anyway cause it's okay under foundation. Nothing special in my opinion.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PROS:
- SPF30 sunscreen
- Can be worn alone as a tinted moisturiser
- Soes blur imperfections like age spots and discoloration
- Doesn't look like foundation
- Soft velvet matte finish
- Super light yellow based "Fair" shade for porcelain skin (NC10).
- Pairs well worn over or mixed with an oil serum (I mix mine with Red Raspberry Seed Oil as it is reputed to have SPF 28, so I don't lower the SPF)
- Unscented, Gluten-Free
- Does not irritate my sensitive skin
- Does not clog my pores much

CONS:
- Works as a tinted moisturiser but doesn't work well as a Primer. Rolls into rubbery little balls and comes off in patches when worn over any moisturiser or under any foundation I pair it with. Even if I wait 10 minutes (works with facial oil only).
- Makes my skin look as dry and cracked as a lizard. I have to blend in facial oil with it or it is unusable. I can't even use it on the backs of my hands they look so old!
- Hard to get the last 1/3, I had to cut mine open to get the last 10 days out of it :(
- Expensive, does not get included in Tarte's foundation sales
- Oversold, is not a "treatment" as labelled

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

What is it about makeup that makes us keep looking for something better when you already have something near perfect. I've been using and loving this product for years, and I keep purchasing and getting rid of similar products in the search of something better. Nothing I have tried comes close in terms of lasting power, it literally stays on for 12 hours. This goes on smoothly, has great coverage, minimizes pores, and doesn't make me greasy or break me out. I hope tarte keeps making this forever.

I really like this primer. I use it as my all over primer and foundation. My skin definitely still gets shiny by the end of the day but this make up definitely doesn't start breaking down on my skin until after the 12 hours which makes a huge difference. I use a matte finish powder over a layer of this for full coverage and it has been wonderful.

I will mention that it did take a couple of weeks for my skin to adjust. I was breaking out for the first couple of weeks because I hadn't worn any liquid foundation in years. It still clogs my pores a little bit but as long as I wash it off at the end of the day it's been fine. I would definitely recommend it if you have super oily skin and have a problem with your make up breaking down halfway through the day!

on 3/5/2016 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a surprise. I wasn't expecting this to work but it did.

I saw the mini version in Sephora and decided to buy to try it out. I bought the light shade which was the closest to my skin tone.

The first time I use it, I applied it with my fingers. Worked but I found the layer too thick. Second time I tried, I applied it with my Beautyblender. Surprisingly, it didn't spread as well. In fact, quite a bit of product was soaked up by my Beautyblender, so I had to use more. The third time, I used my RT Expert Face Brush to buff in the initial layer. It blended really well and I was able to add another layer for more coverage with the same brush. Then, depending on how much coverage I need on that day, I used my Beautyblender (normal and micro-sized) to 'bounce' in more product on the spots that need more coverage, namely the blemishes, visible pores and fine lines and around the eyes. Lastly, I set it with my EM's finishing dust.

This is a highly pigmented primer with a foundation-like coverage, which saves me a lot of time. Especially on days I'm in a rush or when I'm feeling lazy but still need to even out my skin or need the level of coverage afforded by foundations. It's long-wearing and waterproof, but doesn't break me out. It's also not as pricey as some of the other Tarte's primers and foundations.

I suppose this may become one of my staple products because not only it works, it's rather convenient to use.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a user-friendly bb cream. You can easily use your fingers and just spread out.

This product has a matte finish.

on 12/14/2015 9:27:00 PM

It's so interesting how these reviews are all either one lippie or five! Okay, I really thought this stuff was awesome at first -- it gave me a smooth and velvety feel, made my skin look practically perfect, didn't break me out overnight, didn't smell like sunscreen... I really thought I had found the answer. I rarely get along with primers, BB creams, or sunscreen but this somehow rolled them into one and came out awesome!

My only small complaint was that I would have preferred a fair-light shade that wasn't quite as yellow as the light one.

However, the point was moot. I should have known better than to try a product with all that silicone. It hasn't worked for me in the past, and it's not working now. Three days in and I am breaking out all over -- at age 62! And I did my darnedest to clean it all off at night. This is the product that finally convinced me that it really was the silicone.

But I gave it a three because it's a product I would love to be able to use.

on 10/26/2015 11:10:00 PM

What a disappointment this product is. I seem to be in the small minority of people for whom it transforms skin into an oil slick within minutes. My skin is not usually all that oily. As soon as I put this onto my skin (only a small amount), it feels as though my skin is suffocating. It's a sort of 'smothered' feeling. Perhaps this is what causes my skin to freak out and start producing a crazy amount of oil? Within about one hour of having foundation on over this primer, the foundation starts to get patchy and separate. If I touch my face, I come away with greasy, makeupy fingers. Really terrible stuff, and so expensive. I had the same experience with Tarte Amazonian Clay Primer...maybe Tarte products and my skin just don't get along!

on 9/18/2015 4:22:00 PM

Pros: good coverage with a small amount, applies very smoothly Cons: finish is extremely matte, looks powdery and ages me. none of the colors are a close enough match for my skin tone. I would never wear this alone.