Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 6/11/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure if this has been reformulated or not, but when I used it a few years ago I really liked it. It was easy to apply, decent coverage for a BB, and dried to a nice, matte finish. It never settled into my pores and it never oxidized. Fast forward to now...and the tube I bought recently....I hate this stuff! I swear, it's like I bought a totally different product. (I know I didn't because I actually took the old expired tube into Ulta with me for reference). It still applies easily, but it settles into all my pores now. Adding a primer underneath took care of that problem, but the primer only helped for a few hours. It started breaking up & it oxidized like crazy! I use the Light shade and it turned completely orange on me. Oompah Loompa Orange. Bottom line, I don't understand why this stuff worked so well for me in the past and does not work AT ALL for me now, but I'm seriously disappointed. It's utterly unusable for me now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- it feels like a dream (very silicone) when I apply it to my face
- there are 4 shades (fair, light, medium, tan)
- it blends seamlessly into the skin if your skin isn't too dry (not sure how it works on oily skin)
- SPF 30

Cons:
- it directly cracks up on every single dry patch that I have and accentuate skin texture. I can seamlessly blend it on my hand, but I can't do that on my face
- once dried it looks very powdery and cakey all over the face
- coverage is minimal

Terrible product. Won't repurchase.

on 10/26/2015 11:10:00 PM

What a disappointment this product is. I seem to be in the small minority of people for whom it transforms skin into an oil slick within minutes. My skin is not usually all that oily. As soon as I put this onto my skin (only a small amount), it feels as though my skin is suffocating. It's a sort of 'smothered' feeling. Perhaps this is what causes my skin to freak out and start producing a crazy amount of oil? Within about one hour of having foundation on over this primer, the foundation starts to get patchy and separate. If I touch my face, I come away with greasy, makeupy fingers. Really terrible stuff, and so expensive. I had the same experience with Tarte Amazonian Clay Primer...maybe Tarte products and my skin just don't get along!

This primer was way too cakey. Even with a thin layer it shows every pore and dry spot. After a week of trying to make it work, my cheeks broke out. The color selection is also very poor, as most shades tend to lean on the orange side.

on 3/27/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted a light coverage tinted moisturizer/bb cream with relatively high spf, so I ordered this for the first time from Tarte's website in the travel size in medium for $10. When I took off the protective seal for the tube, it just burst out everywhere wasting product and giving me a bit to clean up. After that mess, I dotted it around my face (already moisturized) and patted it in with my fingers--it felt very silky and nice during application and it left my face with a finish that didn't feel heavy or sticky. I personally like that it didn't completely cover blemishes or redness, but that's because I'm more into a natural look for the face. At first I thought it looked pretty nice, but that was before I got a little closer in the mirror.

To get the most out of that sun protection I figured I'd have to apply quite a bit, but even with what I thought was a light application it ended up looking cakey, showed off my pores, accentuated dry spots that I normally don't even see on my naked face or with other foundations, and settled into any kind of lines I had.. Definitely not something I would want to build on.

I really wanted to love this because of the spf and the way it felt, but I could only apply a *tiny* amount with a brush to areas that I was 100% sure weren't dry to any extent (thanks, combo skin), and at that point the spf doesn't even matter so I ultimately returned it.

on 3/18/2015 4:15:00 PM

Have you ever found a really good foundation for you, but you still continue to hunt for the product of your dreams? My oily, sensitive skin has been doing well with two CG foundations, but for some reason, I can't leave well enough alone. I bought this because it got good reviews for oily skin. I watched a few YT videos, and it seemed like I could get away with Light, because I wanted to try the travel size, .5 oz., for $10. Is it me or is it strange that twice as much product, 1 oz., costs $35? Anyway, the Light is much too dark and orange for my N/NW10-15 skin. Bummer, but I could have worked with that if I liked it. So I'll start with the strange thing that happened after I took the little foil seal off. I did it with the cap facing up, so as not to dispense too much product, yet it started spewing all over like an angry volcano. Trying to squeeze it back into the tube like toothpaste made it worse. Then, the application, which was difficult since I had to hold the tube with one hand. I used my fingers, per most suggestions, and it started out okay. But it didn't really blend. It kind of sat on top of my skin. I'm not one to rub my skin too hard, since that makes it red and irritated, so I used a beautyblender. That helped a little bit, but it was stuck to the hairs in my eyebrows, accentuated my pores, and highlighted any drop of dryness. It took 3 tries to get it to cover my nose, but after using setting powder (also recommended) my nose had a weird cakey, powdery cast to it. Within less than an hour, the sides of my nose and the skin between my eyebrows required blotting paper. Twice.

on 3/18/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

EEEW!!!!! This stuff SUX!

This felt so great when I tried it on my hands...then I put it on my face and... it highlighted every pore and clung mercilessly to my dry patches.

This is in no way formulated for those with dry skin. Run far away from this product, its terrible.

on 2/15/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I'm one of the few that this won't work for, I guess. I have DRY skin and this made my skin even drier, even itchy and scaly. It is extremely matte finish - NO dewy look at all which is a typical trait of BB Creams and why I like them.

I layered 2 applications of Neutrogena BB Cream on top to try to get some life back in my face. But I just end up with cakey, dry scales.

Also I spent time swatching this at Sephora to get the right shade and I chose the lightest (Fair). The next shade, Light seemed very orange in the tube and was way too dark. But when I apply Fair to my entire face, I look goth!

Overall I can tell this is a high quality product but NOT for DRY dry dry skin like mine. And the lack of shades is disappointing. Fair is basically sunscreen white and Light is orange.... What the heck

EDITED: this has been on my face 1 hour and I can't stand it. My face is so dry and itchy, my skin is now stretched tight and is absolutely miserable. This is going back to Sephora tomorrow.

I gave this 3 lippies because it is a great product I think on oily skin.

on 5/30/2014 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to love this product, but it did absolutely nothing for me. In fact it gave me probably the worst breakout I've ever experienced. I wore it as a primer under my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation. I have some acne scarring as well as some redness on my face. When first applied and combined with the foundation, my skin looked absolutely flawless. However, only a few hours later, my face was like an oil slick. About two weeks into using this product my skin started breaking out everywhere, which is very unusual for me. I discontinued using it and returned it to Sephora. Two weeks later, I'm still trying to get my skin back to normal. On reflection, maybe it was too heavy for my skin as I was wearing it under full coverage foundation.

Just being honest here, but this is by far the worst face makeup I have ever used! I had really high hopes for this, because it supposedly provides coverage + SPF 30 + natural safe ingredients + lightweight + does not make face look oily. A lot of reviews out there claim it's awesome for daily wear and what-not. This sounded like the perfect product, until I used a sample and looked + felt TERRIBLE.

I have combination skin, and it's easy for me to end up with a really shiny nose and forehead. When I first put this tinted treatment on, my face looked matte and stayed matte for about four hours. I was very impressed, because my face had absolute zero shine. Plus, the coverage was actually really good! BUT after four hours, my face felt SUPER dry and uncomfortable. My face NEVER felt dry in the past, it's only oily. I looked in the mirror, and my face was like a huge grease ball. FEELING REALLY DRY AND LOOKING REALLY OILY. HORRIBLE. I washed it off right away, because my face really couldn't stand it. Also, I really dislike face makeup with little sparkle/glitter particles that can be seen with the bare eye. This product does contain small shining particles, because after I used my fingers to apply it, they were covered in glitter!

I got this in the light shade and it was a little on the pink side, but that's not a huge problem compared to the aforementioned turn-offs.

All in all, I personally won't recommend this product to anyone, because it will seriously dry out your skin. Since I have oily skin and it just made it worse, I don't see how this can work on dry skin either. Maybe it works for normal skin? Not sure...But, there does seem to be a lot of positive reviews, so check out what some others say. Anyways, this is solely my own opinion, and we all have differing skin affected by various other factors.

Summary:

Pros: Good coverage, SPF 30, natural ingredients

Cons: Dries out skin WAY TOO MUCH (and enhanced oil patches), cannot find perfect shade, there are sparkles/glitter in the product, not very long-lasting