Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PROS:
- SPF30 sunscreen
- Can be worn alone as a tinted moisturiser
- Soes blur imperfections like age spots and discoloration
- Doesn't look like foundation
- Soft velvet matte finish
- Shades run surprisingly light so go up if unsure. The lightest shade "Fair" is actually OK for those of us who are an NC10.
- Pairs well worn over or mixed with an oil serum (I mix mine with Red Raspberry Seed Oil as it is reputed to have SPF 28, so I don't lower the SPF)
- Unscented, Gluten-Free
- Does not irritate my sensitive skin
- Does not clog my pores much

CONS:
- Works as a tinted moisturiser but doesn't work well as a Primer. Rolls into rubbery little balls and comes off in patches when worn over any moisturiser or under any foundation I pair it with. Even if I wait 10 minutes (works with facial oil only).
- Makes my skin look as dry and cracked as a lizard. I have to blend in facial oil with it or it is unusable. I can't even use it on the backs of my hands they look so old!
- Hard to get the last 1/3, I had to cut mine open to get the last 10 days out of it :(
- Expensive, does not get included in Tarte's foundation sales
- Oversold, is not a "treatment" as labelled

on 2/19/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Oh my! Where has this product been all my life and why had I never heard of it? This product is amazing. It evens out my skin tone and then I just set it with a light powder and I look 90% better. On days when I want more coverage I use concealer and then this product. It does cling to dry spots so I always moisturize right before applying and this solves that problem. I have oily combination skin and sweat a lot loving in the south but this holds up all day. It is NOT full coverage but it does cover and even out your skin tone enough so it looks natural.

on 2/17/2017 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this for 2 weeks, combo-oily skin, with a VERY OILY forehead/t-zone. I am medium with warm, yellow undertones - originally I bought Medium online but it looked way too red on me. I exchanged it for the shade Medium-Tan, which is a better match. This is great for wearing by itself for everyday wear, or underneath/mixed with foundation for a full coverage look.

THE FORMULA. The finish is semi-matte, dewy enough to look very natural looking (if the shade is slightly off, this can easily be mixed with some foundation). This has a strong lasting power on my combination skin. I have an oily T-zone with an extremely oily forehead. I'll apply this 7:30-8am — without doing ANY touch-ups during the workday — and get back home around 6:00pm. Even after 9-10 hrs, the product is still holding strong to my face and my forehead has a very MINIMAL, barely noticeable amount of oil. Compared to other primers, this stuff WORKS to control oil. If I touch it up with a quick blot or powder, this definitely lasts its' 12-hour claim. I know no primer or product will completely control my oily forehead, but this product has stood up to it for the longest time w/o touch-ups. At the end of day (abt 10:00pm) when I take my makeup off, most of the product is miraculously still on my forehead and hasn't slid completely off, like most other products do.

One great thing that makes this BB primer stick out is the SPF 30, great for protection against the sun.

But also mentionable is... While I didn't think my face was extremely sensitive to SPF, lately I've been getting blackheads and small bumps on on my cheeks & forehead. The only other product I've introduced during this time is an oil cleanser to do a double-cleanse (Julep's Love Your Bare Face), so that may be the reason why I'm experiencing this. I may update this review after I've switched the cleanser out.

tl;dr - tarte's BB tinted treatment 12-hr primer has a long-lasting formula that is excellent in controlling my oily T-zone, but MAYBE has caused an increase of blackheads and bumps on my cheeks/forehead.

on 1/10/2017 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

What is it about makeup that makes us keep looking for something better when you already have something near perfect. I've been using and loving this product for years, and I keep purchasing and getting rid of similar products in the search of something better. Nothing I have tried comes close in terms of lasting power, it literally stays on for 12 hours. This goes on smoothly, has great coverage, minimizes pores, and doesn't make me greasy or break me out. I hope tarte keeps making this forever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Recently my acne has gotten really bad and I wanted to cover it up because I'm an insecure person :') so I normally used the Neutrogena acne concealer and some Target foundation in their Boots No.7 line and for a while my skin felt absolutely disgusting because of the foundation and acne, even though the foundation is advertised for acne. I noticed I was getting clogged and wanted to try something new and I wish I would've bought this earlier!

My skin is extremely oily and my foundation would always look gross by the end of the day but this BB cream stays on like no tomorrow and mattifies my face so much, I've been getting so many compliments on my skin because it literally erases my acne scarring and makes my skin look so clear, smooth, and matte. I use this with the Anastasia Born this Way concealer and my skin looks as smooth as a baby's butt. My skin has not been clogged by this product at all and I use just my hands to smooth it over my face and blends so well, and you can definitely layer the products on because it's so buildable.

Excellent! This product alluevieates the need for a primer but if you use o e, your skin will look flawless. I am very fair and most BB creams are too dark, but the fairest shade in this line was perfect. I also have sensitive dry skin; it didn't break my it or flake my skin. In combination with Zcwrace's dat moisturizer and HD blue moisturizing primer, this cream is excellent . You could add a drop of regular foundation for slight heavier coverage or a drop of concealer for even more, be men and apple with a stipple or round brush and it comes out as your own skin only better. I would suggest only busi g ir where'd you need it and then feathering it out so as to not waste it. Also keep in mind that it is cream so wait for it to settle before using any liquid blushes it highlighters. However, it works very well with Tarte's cream blushes and the cream highlighters to be found. If you need more coverage for a spot or under eyes. Use NARs, Tarte's cream concealer with primrr underneath or Amazonian concealer blended with a fit of eye cream. Still

Use fingers when first applying the BB cream, then blend outwarb with a slightly damp beauty blender. After that, use concealer and while they sellle firv39 second or so, put blush on the apples of your cheeks foingbslightly to an upward 'C'. Then dot on your cream highlighter take a finger and part concealer in then tShe slightly damp beauty blender and do the same. Tap blush and concealer and rhem take blender to it , let everything dry. Leave undereyes unt you've done your eye makeup. Take clean stippling or round flat brush and lightly blend everythytjimg.

You need very little of this product and if you want an all over glow, don't power, but fr.ore polished look, on the t zone, nose, and chin

You can even adjust the colot by adding a droit two of your summer or winter forum datin, using a bit less of thevptict, and adding a 1/4 pea size drop of moisturizer, primer. Or oil of Olay 7 signs primer to it. It it natural, no petrochemicals, no animal testing, does not break me out, does not icidize, does not have any weird scent, and no excess packaging. When you get low, just cut the tube upen and scrape the rest out into a small jar.

on 10/26/2016 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My makeup routine was taking up too much time in the morning and the FIT Me foundation I was using was starting to look too heavy/cakey and just gross on my face, so I started the hunt for a product with lighter to medium coverage.

I decided to go into Sephora and wing it. I was tossing up between the Coloured Clay CC Primer and the Tinted 12-hour Primer. The colour match for the Tinted Primer in medium was a good match for my skin (if a tiny bit dark, but that was good as I was going on holiday to Fiji in a few weeks and it would have been a perfect match by then.)

I've been using this product for a good 3 months now and I can confidently say this will be a staple in my makeup kit. I squeeze out a pea-sized amount and dot it around my face, then just rub it in with my fingers. Blends like a dream and does such a nice job of covering small blemishes and evening out my skin tone. For work I usually follow with concealer, powder & setting spray and it lasts the whole day, and by the end of the day my face seriously looks 'lit from within.' I would go as far as to say my skin looks better at the end of the day than it does in the morning. There is only a slight shine on my t-zone and it rubs off where my glasses sit on my nose but I've yet to come across a product that stays through that.

It cut my makeup routine by at least 10 minutes (crucial for a sleepy girl like me) and it even looks good on it's own - on a weekend I just slap it on with some bronzer and liquid highlighter and gives me the perfect no-makeup look.

Seriously great product, I feel like combo-oily girls who don't like the full matte finish will enjoy this product.

on 10/23/2016 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product does a good job of even coverage and matte finish where I am usually shiny. Over a few hours, it would show my flakes and dry skin. A major factor of my flaking skin is from topical acne gel tho.

I would say it's a good product, as it really make my skin looks smoother. BUT, the colour option are terrible. I'm NC25 gal... the medium is too dark, the light is too orange... In the end, I had to mix medium with lighter normal foundation, which adds the coverage, whis is a plus! :D

I don't always use primers, but i have been lately as my skin has been more oily.
i have only used this on my t-zone where i have a bit of texture that i want to smooth out before using foundation.

this product runs a bit dark, im usually a medium shade and i can use light in this. the texyure of this is your typical silicone based primer.

i like that this is tinted because i can also use this on its own on my lazy days.