Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

4.2

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 12/14/2015 9:27:00 PM

It's so interesting how these reviews are all either one lippie or five! Okay, I really thought this stuff was awesome at first -- it gave me a smooth and velvety feel, made my skin look practically perfect, didn't break me out overnight, didn't smell like sunscreen... I really thought I had found the answer. I rarely get along with primers, BB creams, or sunscreen but this somehow rolled them into one and came out awesome!

My only small complaint was that I would have preferred a fair-light shade that wasn't quite as yellow as the light one.

However, the point was moot. I should have known better than to try a product with all that silicone. It hasn't worked for me in the past, and it's not working now. Three days in and I am breaking out all over -- at age 62! And I did my darnedest to clean it all off at night. This is the product that finally convinced me that it really was the silicone.

But I gave it a three because it's a product I would love to be able to use.

on 3/9/2015 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product from the "impulse" displays near the Ulta cashiers just a few days ago and have used it only twice. Once by itself and once over another primer. I found it to be thick and dry. It emphasized the dry patches on my face on the cheeks and forehead. It looked dry and chalky whether I used it with or without a primer under it and had absolutely no glow to it.

But the biggest turnoff to me was that once again the Fair turned quite yellow on my fair skin!

So, even though it's just a small size, I will be returning it.

on 7/27/2014 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I will buy again. Love this product on my menopausal skin.

This product isn't as talked about as some of their other products but it is quite nice. Its not quite my favorite bb cream just because it clings to the dry patches some times, their isn't a wide variety of shade selections and it can be hard to blend out without a makeup sponge or a face brush, Overall its a good product but I would go for the NYX bb cream or the Tarte amazonian clay bb cream. I would recommend it!

I've been using this for quite a few months now and I love it! It covers better than any foundation I've tried... it applies beautifully and like silk... I use fair as I'm light but I am NW20 for reference... For a BB cream, the color range is good and best of all, SPF 30. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase....

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this product with another product I purchased and didn't even use it for a couple of months. Was a surprise it was. With it being tinted i use less of my foundation. Love it.

on 5/30/2013 10:40:00 PM

I received a sample from Sephora after I ran out of the 'Smooth Operator' that is now marketed as a BB cream. The SA raved about the new BB tinted primer and suggested that I use the colour 'fair' and try it at home. I can't believe the consistency! It's like velvet and spreads like butter and you only need the tiniest amount to even out your skin. There is no chemical smell to it. The colour matches my skin perfectly (NW 15) and it feels like you wear nothing at all. It also does not oxydize. The Canadian version has the same ingredients as the US version but it doesn't claim 'Broad Spectrum' so just to be on the safe side you need to wear sunscreen under it. Remember too, that the tiny amount that you need to even out your skin would never protect you from the sun. I use the Ecotools foundation brush to blend the BB primer in and than put a little 'Dollface' blush on my cheeks and I'm ready to go. I have used it for 4 months and still have a lot left. This is the highest price I have ever paid for a BB Cream (it's really a TM) but I do not regret it and would purchase it again. I LOVE this, HG!! I previously tried Maybelline Dream Fresh which is lovely but just can't compare to this.

on 4/30/2013 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I ordered this from the Q using their shade chart. It came with a fabulous little baby buki type brush!!! I ordered medium, which right now seems a tad darker than I need. But come summer, perfection!
I love how it feels, blends and smooths. I also like that it is SPF 30!! I don't think 15 is sufficient. Will I buy again, you bet!!!! And in the lighter shade for year round. I normally use a foundation, but I'm not fond of a heavy looking one. I've used Mally, BE and BE Ready, Bobbi Brown, Laura Geller. They all have a different coverage and use. My all time fave was LG's, but it didn't last all day. This does!!!
The Mallyone is also good, but seems "heavy"?? The brush is a small headed buki flat top style. It blends wonderfully. I'm sold!!!

PS: I have now ordered in the next lighter shade and am very happy. I do wish it had more golden tone to it, but it blends well. I like for all day wear!!!

on 4/25/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I've tried at least 6 BBs and all have been too greasy or didn't have the right finish, shade, or caused breakouts, etc. I tried this one based on the great MUA reviews and I love it. I have the oiliest skin and this BB is absolutely wonderful for me so far. I don't think it would be good for dry skin though, as it seems a bit too mattifying. It feels kind of "silicony" when you first put it on, but blends very well and sets to a beautiful, satiny smooth--NOT dewy or "slippery" finish. It has buildable coverage with a great SPF, and although it's listed as a primer also, I wear it alone. I'm NC25-30 and LIGHT is a perfect match. It has yellow undertones which I like to tone down the redness..
**UPDATE: After a month or so of using this cream, I found that it started to become streaky after several hours and seemed to clog my pores probably because I am SO oily. Started breaking out on nose and chin after several weeks of using this, maybe all that silicone in it? I don't know, but had to switch.. :(

I love this product. I, too, am new to the BB cream and this one works so well for my over 60 skin. It does not sink into lines, which I have quite a few of, and makes my skin feel and look great. It actually is improving my skin alot. It goes on smoothly and lasts a long time for me. I am very satisfied with the look from this. A definite keeper for me. Sometimes I use the Tarte blush stick over it, sometimes not. Either way it really is working for me.