Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by age: 44-55
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

4.1

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not quite a primer, it has tint. Not quite a BB cream, too sheer. Got this to use under my foundations lacking sunscreen and to also up the spf in those that do. If you have ever used a silicone-based primer, then you can understand what I mean when I say it spreads and feels just like a silicone based primer. If you don't, then I suggest you try to sample it and see if you'll like the feeling. Because there is no water as one of the main "base" ingredients, it spreads very silky and then sort of settles in and sets. I chose the shade "fair" and it's almost white, a tad too light for me to wear on its own, and the shade "fair" was too peachy.
It adds a little bit of radiance to an otherwise matte foundation... I have been wearing it under the tarte 12-hour full coverage foundation (rated only spf 15) and I can notice the difference as the full coverage foundation is otherwise dull, I like this combination the best. I also wear it under the tarte hybrid jel (no spf) which is primarily why I got it, but it feels a little heavy, so I don't wear it that often.
I give it one lippie off because it is so very heavy on the 'cones... if I try to apply more than a tiny amount it feels heavy and makes me itch around my nose. I'm not sure exactly how much of this I should be applying to get the SPF 30 either. I'm going to have to give it more time to make a decision on whether or not I'd repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Excellent for hot, humid, summer days! I have very fair skin, with age related dryness, but get shinny when it's over 90 degrees. To me this is more of a primer than a moisturizer. The product comes in Fair, which is very fair, I need to add Light to get a wear alone shade in this BB cream. It's a bit pink too. I've tried blending it with other foundations and some work, some don't.

Pros:
Goes on smooth
Dries matte
Light coverage
Don't need powder
Provides Mineral Sunscreen
Tube delivery for sanitation

Cons:
Limited Colors
A little drying
Expensive

on 3/18/2015 4:15:00 PM

Have you ever found a really good foundation for you, but you still continue to hunt for the product of your dreams? My oily, sensitive skin has been doing well with two CG foundations, but for some reason, I can't leave well enough alone. I bought this because it got good reviews for oily skin. I watched a few YT videos, and it seemed like I could get away with Light, because I wanted to try the travel size, .5 oz., for $10. Is it me or is it strange that twice as much product, 1 oz., costs $35? Anyway, the Light is much too dark and orange for my N/NW10-15 skin. Bummer, but I could have worked with that if I liked it. So I'll start with the strange thing that happened after I took the little foil seal off. I did it with the cap facing up, so as not to dispense too much product, yet it started spewing all over like an angry volcano. Trying to squeeze it back into the tube like toothpaste made it worse. Then, the application, which was difficult since I had to hold the tube with one hand. I used my fingers, per most suggestions, and it started out okay. But it didn't really blend. It kind of sat on top of my skin. I'm not one to rub my skin too hard, since that makes it red and irritated, so I used a beautyblender. That helped a little bit, but it was stuck to the hairs in my eyebrows, accentuated my pores, and highlighted any drop of dryness. It took 3 tries to get it to cover my nose, but after using setting powder (also recommended) my nose had a weird cakey, powdery cast to it. Within less than an hour, the sides of my nose and the skin between my eyebrows required blotting paper. Twice.

on 3/12/2015 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am on the fence with that product, it cvers nicely, but there is lots of silicone in it, making the application slippery, feels like it is sitting on top of my skin..I had a mini size, but won't purchase the bigger one..it feels nice and the spf is great, but not crazy about the texture..coverage though is nice...

on 2/16/2015 2:58:00 PM

Bought a mini travel size to try it. Got medium color. I agree if you have dry skin, it might not blend nicely. I have oily tzone after a few hours but not with this on. Did everything I wanted it to. I used it as my foundation because it was enough coverage. Didn't make me break out. Easy to blend with fingers or with a flat head blending brush. Will re-purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This stuff is amazing - Tarte is quickly becoming my favorite brand! I bought a tube of the BB Tinted Treatment Primer online without trying it out and it became an instant HG for me. I am a woman of color with a very fair complexion (think Rashida Jones for reference) and extremely yellow undertones. I bought the Medium shade which matches my skin tone perfectly. I had been looking for a primer/SPF for several months and, in the process, ended up trying several different brands. This one is the best by far. It goes on with a matte finish (which is important because I am extremely oily), lasts all day, doesn't break me out, or turn orange on me. For fuller coverage, I apply a powder on top. My skin looks smooth and flawless when I wear this BB cream; it doesn't crease or fade at all during the day. The SPF 30 (titanium & zinc oxide) is very good - I usually use no less than SPF 40 on my face - but it's fine for everyday wear. At $35 for an ounce, it is not the cheapest stuff out there, but it's not too outrageous. My only concern is that I will use the tube up too quickly as I apply SPF quite liberally.

on 8/16/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hardly ever write reviews but in this case I had to. I love love love this Tarte BB Primer. I used it mainly as primer and sunscreen. Pricing isn't as bad if you think about primer and sunscreen combined. The coverage is amazing and I used my sheer foundations with this like now I've been using my Givenchy Tient Couture which is let's say light to medium, with Tarte as primer this gives almost full proof full coverage to hide my freckles away and I know most would say embrace your freckles but freckles doesn't look good on me as I am Asian. Not saying all Asians but I'm saying just on me. I got the sample size I can't remember how I got it and I found it by accidentally as I was cleaning old dried up samples away. I will purchase the full size as soon as this sample is done. Good for daytime and summer time I would say 👍

I LOVE this stuff. Got a sample in some other tarte products, and fell in love w/the texture- I am very tan right now, and just ordered both the medium and tan, with brushes, which are on special at qvc right now. I did set it with a little light mineral powder (not much!) but I think I've found my foundation for the summer, and hopefully beyond. It is very light weight, but I went back over a couple of 'those' places on my face, with my fingers, and it held through two nights of all out dancing and being up all night. I have combo skin, sensitive, and love the way this wears- I'm not sure about the 12 hour claim, but can attest to the durability of this during high humidity, high temps., and vigorous exercise. Bravo, tarte.

on 4/19/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this and have ran out and purchased this again and again. For me the medium shade is perfect. I didn't like the primer feel at first but it grew on me and the winning element to this is that it stays on all day for me. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin but normal to oily would work great. I gave my mom a sample of this and now she is hooked. The best bb cream for me so far.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've tried 4 other BB creams and none gave me the finish this one does. I use the tiniest little dab...it goes a long way. I had problems finding anything that would even my skin tone and keep my T zone from getting shiny. this does it really well. the best part is that you get a powdery matte finish without the look or feel of makeup. It leaves my skin really soft.