Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Milk

3.8

water, glycerin, oligomer olefin, dipropylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ppg-10 methyl glucose ether, acetyl sodium hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate, peg-20 sorbitan isostearate, glyceryl stearate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, dimethicone, carbomer, stearyl alcohol, behenyl alcohol, triethanolamine, disodium edta, methylparaben, propylparabenDirections

This is the best hyaluronic moisturizer I’ve tried, but has a flaw that may deter me from repurchasing it again.

What's Good?

What's Bad?
1. Takes a Long While to be Absorbed
2. Sticky and Greasy After-feel
3. May Lead to Pimples

Full review, photos and final recommendation at http://bit.ly/1Pm5KxS.

I'm having really great results with this milk. I purchased the lotion and milk as they came together in a set. I can see for me how I cannot use one without the other. First I love how this is a very light moisturizer. The way I like to care for my skin is dual cleanse or just a gentle cleanser when I'm not wearing a lot of makeup. Then while my skin is still moist I tone with the lotion add my aha lotion once that lotion has absorbed. I then pat in the milk and occasionally add another moisturizer if needed. This acts as a barrier to hold moisture and other skin goodies like serums in the skin. Since its summer here and I'm combo I'm oily now and with these products I do not breakout or have dry or oily skin issues. My skin is calm, hydrated, and blemish free!

I've been using these 2 products together and I love them. To me the milk is the perfect lightweight lotion to use with the toner or lotion. Especially with the warmer months it's perfect and now I just put on a sleeping mask at night or Nature Republic Aqua facial moisturizer for combo skin in the day. My skin never feels heavy or greasy and I use the super moist formula. I would think to use the light version if it's too much or if the skin gets uber oily. Mine has found a balance thanks to Hada Labo Hyaluronic acid products. I have the extra moisturizing cleanser and ordered the aha version of the lotion and milk.

I think this is a great product for my oily skin or anyone who has problems with too much oil production. It hydrates without over moisturizing. My skin never feels tight, and it has such an even tone! I've been using this a few months now and I only had 1 breakout and it's almost gone! I'm amazed because I am so acne prone. For me I will continue to use the milk with the lotion. For me the 2 together are simpatico and I couldn't go without either! The formula always feels a little sticky before it absorbs. Once everything is patted in my skin feels so soft and hydrated! Great light weight lotion in general and will happily be using it in the future. Recommended!

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Hada Labo is makes the best HA (hyaluronic acid) products I have found.. Hada Labo milk is primarily a humectant - oak up a huge amount of water into the skin. I does it amazingly well. They are simple products and don't have mineral oil, no fragrance and no alcohol. A milk is lighter than a western lotion and meant as your sole moisturizer. It is white and not much thicker than milk. It has no scent as in gentle.. It's not meant to go in as fast like the lotion toner. . So it feels slippery in a nice way, but will absorb. It's got all the key ingredients of the lotion and a few more emollients and thickeners. The HAs are lower down, but it's hard to say what that means. Does have dimethicone so it could clog the pores. The milk seals in a bit better than the lotion(toner) version, but is a bit less plumping. Makes your skin sliky though. When you use the milk or lotion your moisture levels goes up dramatically. The milk lasts but not forever, so you could wake up dry if you don't add something over.

I have eczema prone dry dehydrated skin. I often use HL lotion then serums and then the milk and a cream. I use this as a hand lotion all day alone and under sunscreen as a light moisturizer. It ramps up Cerave moisturizers. Mixes with essences. . Great under lip balm too for chapped lips.

Milky Lotion: Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-12 Olefin), Dipropylene Glycol (moisturizer), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PPG-10 Methyl Glucose Ether (emollient), Behenyl Alcohol, Carbomer , Dimethicone (emollient) , Disodium EDTA, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Methylparaben, PEG-20 Sorbitan Isostearate, Phytostery l/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Propylparaben, Sodium Acetylated Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Stearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine

COSDNA score: Carbomer 1 irritant (emulsifier), dimethicone 1 acne (emolliant) , stearyl alcohol 2 irritant & 2 acne (surfactant), triethanolamine 2 acne (PH adjuster)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This moisturizer saved my skin. I'm currently going through a pretty intense process of clearing my acne which involves lots of chemical exfoliators and benzoyl peroxide... it makes my skin extremely sensitive and sometimes it burns and flakes.. not pretty at all! I desperately needed something effective and non-irritating. What's great about this moisturizer is that it's fragrance free, color free, mineral oil free and alcohol free. It's supremely gentle on the skin and claims to contain different hyaluronic acid molecules - which if you don't know is the new hot ingredient on the beauty market as it holds up to 1000 times its weight in water! In other words... it's extremely moisturizing. After using this, my flaky skin healed in two days, and my skin was plumped up and dewy looking. The con to this product is that it is quite sticky and needs to sit for at least 30 minutes before you can apply makeup. But because it is so effective, I'll be repurchasing for a long time.

EDIT 9Feb2015 - So my skin progressed to become even more inflamed, acne-prone and dry and overall a huge sensitive mess! As my skin became seriously dehydrated to the point where it hurt, I found that this moisturizing milk didn't do much. And ultimately because it has such a goopy, sticky texture, I found that it was aggravating my clogged pores. I have moved onto layering the GOKUJYUN Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion and GOKUJYUN Super Hyaluronic Acid Moist Essence EX from the same line and have achieved much better results. Highly recommend those two products instead. I'm afraid I have to downgrade this milk from 5 stars to 3.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

ive been using this product for months and it works perfectly fine for my skin. it moisturize skin well. the only thing i dislike about this product is its sticky. if you put too much this product on your face, your face will look oily. 1-3 drops is enough to cover your whole face. the price might be a bit pricy but one bottle could last for months.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Just doesn't work for me. Makes my oily skin even oiler and breaks me out. My boyfriend tried it and hated it too so to the trash it goes! Never repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It does an OK job hydrating when use alone as moisturizer. But I like it better using it underneath my regular moisturizer. This alone just doesn't quite cut it for my dry skin during winter. My skin care routine is toner- one drop of Hada Labo Moisturzing Milk- serum- moisturizer/face cream. Because I only use one drop everytime one bottle last me for a longtime. Price is ok. Around $17-$21. Hard to find thought. I usually buy it online. This product doesn't have any smell. Very gentle on skin.

Some reviews mention that this product breaks out their skin. But it works for me. Been using it for 8 months. I've oily T zone and dry cheeks. I used about 3 drops every morning with Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid and it does its job at moisturizing. My cheek stays hydrated through the day but my nose gets a tad too oily. It's a good basic moisturizer but does nothing else to your complexion like brightening or even skin tone etc

Popular Face Skincare Products