Cargo Contour Palette

3.8

on 10/15/2017 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've had this palette for years++... unfortunately I haven't used it for sooo long. Loved it when I first bought it. Non-stop use!... But as competitors in the cosmetic markets started improving colours and product quality; I eventually pushed this palette to the back of the drawer. ... I remember it had great pigment and lasted throughout the day, but there was a lot of product kickback from the blush and highlighter. I owned the Malibu palette, I loved the blush colour- a cool tone soft almost bubble gum matte pink the colour was so pretty on my cheeks gave me the 'out of the cold' flush. The highlighter has a opulent sheen but was quite chalky in texture. The contour was meh... as I look at it now, 'what was I thinking' lol... it's a very unnatural red tone taupe? Not sure how I got away w/ it but I worked it... I hit pan on the blush and almost on the highlighter. So I did get good use out of it... I remember I was debating whether to get the other palette which had a warm coral blush with shimmer, very reminiscent of Nars Orgasm but the highlighter and contour shades were waaaay off for me... I believe it was called Monaco? The palettes themselves were quite generous, no brush included which I'm good w/....usually the quality of freebie brushes are subpar. Encased in a solid 'industrial-look' plastic metal looking case, with a huge rectangular mirror, it was a bit cumbersome to hold... Overall it served its purpose back when, I prob won't be using this anymore... would recommend to a very young aspiring make up artist as a first palette only.

on 12/30/2013 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I love this contour palette. I got it as a gift about 3 years ago and I still have it. Unfortunately, I dropped it and the highlighter completely smashed but the blush and contour are still in perfect condition. I've been using this very often since I received it and there is still a lot left. So it;s definitely worth the price. I tend to go over board with my bronzer accidentally but this palette really is "fool" proof. I would recommend it as a gift to anyone as it complimented a lot of my friends who have a different skin tone.

on 1/13/2013 6:47:00 PM

Cargo Contour Palette in "Malibu"

This palette that consists of highlight, cheek & contour colors is $36 on the Cargo website. I got it for $11 on clearance at Sephora. The best part about the palette is the HUGE mirror that comes with it. I'm afraid everything else is pretty bad and I would return it (even just to get the $11 back) except I really like the mirror. The highlight color is really chalky and emphasizes any lines/pores. The cheek color is a bright pink that seems really unnatural. The contour color is a grayish light brown / berry color which I thought would be great because brown bronzers are all way too dark and muddy on me. This contour color looks like a bruise. I'm going to see if I can make this work in some way so I can justify keeping it because I love the mirror so much. It's about 2-3 times the size of other compact mirrors.

on 6/4/2013 8:54:00 PM

I bought this product two years ago at a Macy's store. Let me say that I still have most of it left! It lasts you for a VERY long time. This product is great! Anyone who complains about it probably doesn't know how to use it correctly. It gives such a pretty natural look. It doesn't give a glittery look. Defiantly will purchase again. It also doesn't make the skin oily! :)