Avene Gentle toner

Avene  Gentle toner

4.7

AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER (AVENE AQUA). FRAGRANCE (PARFUM). PEG-7 GLYCERYL COCOATE. PHENOXYETHANOL. SORBITOL. STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE. TRISODIUM EDTA. WATER (AQUA).

on 6/25/2017 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a nice gentle toner I like to use when I want something really gentle. My skin can be a bit sensitive, so this feels great on my skin. No alcohol. It's a pretty simple formula that works really well! There was a set with a 100 mL toner to go with the regular size toner (200 mL), for the same price, so I jumped at the chance! No fragrance, no alcohol, this is a really nice toner. This is ideal for dry skin or sensitive skin.

on 12/21/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I absolutely love this product, and it is a saint for my extremely sensitive skin. If you've been following me on my reviews, you'd see my obsession for Avene products, as it is one of the only brand my skin can handle, and does not give me breakouts. I will break my review down into a few small sections so you can read in specifically on where you are concern about.

** THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON A PERSON WITH SENSITIVE SKIN, DIFFERENT SKIN TYPES MAY RESPOND DIFFERENTLY **

1. Scent - 5/5
If you are worried about the scent, don't be! The toner smells really soft, and gentle, and soothing. It doesn't contain any fragrance- if so, that'd be really really light.

2. Container - 5/5
This product has been stored in the most minimal way. It is hygienic and clean, doesn't leave any residue and stain on the side.

3. Application - 5/5
All you have to do is just open the bottle and pour it on to a cotton pad, and dab it on to your skin thoroughly. Voila! That's pretty much it. What i'd do afterwards is dab a piece of tissue over afterwards to remove any excess, or if you have time, you could just leave it to dry, which would be even better.

4. Is this product effective?
Totally. I would say this product saved my skin. I've been testing on many cosmetics recently, and I've been having rashes and breakouts all over my skin. Initially, I was in store looking for Avene face mask, but I ended up with a toner instead, and I do not regret it at all!

5. Price and efficiency
It is efficient. Although it may cost quite a bit, i'd say that it's pretty much worth it, because this lasts quite a while.

6. My routine of using this product, and steps:
- Remove makeup with Maybelline makeup remover eye and lip or La mer micellar water.
- Clean my face with local organic rice soap, pat dry
- Spray Avene thermal water across skin, leave on for 1-2 minutes before pat dry
- Dab Avene gentle toner on skin, and pat dry
- Apply La Mer concentrate, massage thoroughly
- Apply La Mer the eye concentrate under eyes
- Apply creme de La mer
- Finish off with La Mer lip balm

For those of you who might assume that my skin has improved because of La Mer products, that is not quite correct. I've been using La Mer products for 3-4 years, and rest assure, they aren't always saint. I assume that they improve your skin condition and strength, but if you've ruined your skin, then it'd take quite a while before your skin repairs! But this toner really did sped the process up/

Who do I recommend it to?
- People whom skin reacts to gentle products : if your skin barely reacts to any gentle products, then this WILL NOT make a difference.
- People with sensitive skin : should not cause any irritation.

OVERALL:
PROS
+ Gentle fragrance
+ Soothe sensitive skin
+ Efficient
+ Clean container
+ Easy application

CONS
- Might cause light burn on rashes, but the burn should stop after 3-4 times of application.

So that's it! I hope you find my review useful, and I am sorry if you do not. You can read more reviews on my page if you have sensitive skin like myself! Have a nice day guys, xoxo!

on 11/27/2013 2:01:00 AM

This is my favourite toner, which I always come back to. It is very gentle, feels hydrating and non-drying on the skin, and adds that lovely 'finishing touch' to my cleansing routine. Moisturiser seems easier to apply after use. Also, it smells absolutely divine. It is a little pricey for a toner, but well worth it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have dry combination + sensitive skin and I love Avene products! I was trying to brighten my skin and made a bad mistake of buying a toner with alcohol in it. After 5-7 days of using the toner which had alcohol in it, my cheeks which were the drier parts of my face started flaking and peeling.

Desperate, I searched for a toner which was gentle enough yet works for my skin type. And I am so happy I got the Avene Gentle Toner!! After 2 days of switching over to the Avene Gentle Toner, my skin totally stopped peeling and looked more hydrated than before. It leaves your face feeling refreshed and soothed, no taut stingy feeling on the dry areas.

I'm about 3-4 weeks into the toner and will definitely buy again when I finish my bottle!

on 10/15/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

By far the best toner ive ever used! I love this product! I have acne prone combination and super sensitive skin. My skin didnt react to this at all. I usually get itchiness or stingy feeling and acne when i use products the first wk (adjustment period). This is very gentle. It really cleans my skin after i cleanse. It is non drying. I also noticed that it brightened my skin a bit. Only thing is, its too pricey. This is my hg toner. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

When I first bought Avne's Gentle Milk Cleanser, I read the directions on the back of the bottle which recommended I followed with their Gentle Toner. I did so for about a year and was content with the duo. Then one day I came across a review of Avne's Gentle Toner that pointed out the second ingredient, after water, was fragrance. This got me thinking. If it's mostly made up of water and fragrance, it's not much of a toner. There's gentle than there is this.

In all fairness, most toners on the market aren't much different. They're made up of water, perfumes and irritants with a few exceptional exceptions that have actual skin benefits. It's a marketing ploy, I think, to have people buying this stuff. In my opinion it does more harm than good but by all means, with the glowing reviews below me, if you feel it does your skin well, than continue with it. I just know when I stopped using Avne's Gentle Toner, my skin felt and looked exactly the same. Which is why I give it 2 lipsticks. No harm or foul but no benefits, either. If I'm shelling out twenty-something dollars for a product, I expect it do some good at the very least.

Avene gentle toner

My skin is dry combination and avene gentle toner is great.

1. It does not contain alcohol so skin feels moist, and cleansed. It's not drying like toners containing alcohol.

2. It has light fragrance that's soft and undisturbing.

3. I like its packaging for the gentle soft colors and the openness ad casualness of design. It feels like it is made by some secret magic recipe not yet commercialized as big brands. I like its imperfect spontaneity of design.

4. Even when I have open scars from popping pimples, this toner feels gentle on them, and it does not sting.

Cons
1. Must be shaken before use as it separates into two. It looks pretty and intriguing when it does that nonetheless and adds to its specialness.

on 7/11/2013 3:56:00 PM

This is one of the first toners I've tried, and I love it. Don't neglect the need to tone, ladies! It's lightly fragranced, alcohol-free and oil-free. I haven't used it enough to notice any results, but I plan to use it as a final step in the cleansing process. It isn't drying my skin like alcoholic toners tend to be, it's just great and I would definitely repurchase from Avene.

on 5/24/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another great product by Avene!! I have very oily skin and I was a bit sceptical about buying this - in fact my skin was a bit distressed when I bought it (it's acne prone and I had those odd little spots on my forehear) and I thought I might try it as I've read reviews that it actually calms your skin. And guess what: After using it for the first time, the spots were almost gone! I could not believe it! It doesn't make your skin fell try or sting (like those clinique ones, full of alcohol) and no blackheard either (I was using clinique's 3 Step a few years ago and my skin was full of them...) I use it at night usually under Avene's Eluage and it's really fantastic. In the morning I prefer wearting the matifying fluid on it's own. I would definitely re-purchase this once it's over, I don't think I can live without it anymore!