4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 months ago

I am not sure what I should think about it, hmm tough it hasn't done anything terrible to my skin but also it didn't do something good. If you know what I mean, it's expensive and refreshing. 🤪https://youtu.be/AoOAw3psTe0

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

6 months ago

Horrible. Toner caused me to break out in little, tender bumps all over my face. It may have a short ingredient list but most of the products out there that are labeled "gentle" and "for sensitive skin", including Avene, don't work for me. I was suspect of the powdery stuff that I had to shake before using the toner, and I was right.

About reviewer (111 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

So I was suffering for fungal acne the whole time - thinking that it was a cystic acne. I came across many write ups until I learned from simpleskincarescience to avoid ingredients that feed this fungal acne. Then I discovered the brand and was amazed how simple the ingredients. This toner has silicates that moisturize dehydrated skin. I love how cool it feels on my skin and how it tames the redness. Price is just expensive but for me is really worth everything.

About reviewer (75 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

from

a year ago

My skin recently became insanely sensitive and as always I turned to Avene, as this is a very good brand, that is reasonably priced and doesn't sting my eyes, or skin when it goes hyper. I had never tried the Gentle Toner before, but having seen all the recent blogs on the importance of toner I decided to give this one a go and I love it! It has a "very gentle" slightly fresh floral scent, but no heavy perfume smell, and no alcohol (yay!). I use this in conjunction with Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser Lotion in the morning and after Superfacialist Vitamin C+ Skin Renew Cleansing Oil at night. It removes any last traces of makeup I may have missed with my cleanse, and leaves my skin feeling very comfortable, not dried or stripped of moisture. The bottle needs a gentle shake before using it and a little goes a long way. I press this into my face, undereye and eyelids (zero stinging) using a large cotton pad, then swipe around my hairline and neck to remove any traces of makeup I might have missed. I would recommend this for any skin type, but especially sensitive, dry or problem skins. It's just lovely and feels very healing and soothing. :)

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

If you have dry and sensitive skin and you want a toner that will hydrate your face then this is for you. I have combination acne-prone and sensitive skin and this didnt break me out at all. This isn't an acid toner so pls dont expect it to gently exfoliate your skin. this will just bring back hydration onto your skin without irritating it. i think all avene products are very gentle. here is my full review of this product https://brushstrokesandlullabies.blogspot.com/2017/04/gentle-toner.html

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown

HairBlack

3 years ago

This is a nice gentle toner I like to use when I want something really gentle. My skin can be a bit sensitive, so this feels great on my skin. No alcohol. It's a pretty simple formula that works really well! There was a set with a 100 mL toner to go with the regular size toner (200 mL), for the same price, so I jumped at the chance! No fragrance, no alcohol, this is a really nice toner. This is ideal for dry skin or sensitive skin.

About reviewer (470 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I absolutely love this product, and it is a saint for my extremely sensitive skin. If you've been following me on my reviews, you'd see my obsession for Avene products, as it is one of the only brand my skin can handle, and does not give me breakouts. I will break my review down into a few small sections so you can read in specifically on where you are concern about. ** THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON A PERSON WITH SENSITIVE SKIN, DIFFERENT SKIN TYPES MAY RESPOND DIFFERENTLY ** 1. Scent - 5/5 If you are worried about the scent, don't be! The toner smells really soft, and gentle, and soothing. It doesn't contain any fragrance- if so, that'd be really really light. 2. Container - 5/5 This product has been stored in the most minimal way. It is hygienic and clean, doesn't leave any residue and stain on the side. 3. Application - 5/5 All you have to do is just open the bottle and pour it on to a cotton pad, and dab it on to your skin thoroughly. Voila! That's pretty much it. What i'd do afterwards is dab a piece of tissue over afterwards to remove any excess, or if you have time, you could just leave it to dry, which would be even better. 4. Is this product effective? Totally. I would say this product saved my skin. I've been testing on many cosmetics recently, and I've been having rashes and breakouts all over my skin. Initially, I was in store looking for Avene face mask, but I ended up with a toner instead, and I do not regret it at all! 5. Price and efficiency It is efficient. Although it may cost quite a bit, i'd say that it's pretty much worth it, because this lasts quite a while. 6. My routine of using this product, and steps: - Remove makeup with Maybelline makeup remover eye and lip or La mer micellar water. - Clean my face with local organic rice soap, pat dry - Spray Avene thermal water across skin, leave on for 1-2 minutes before pat dry - Dab Avene gentle toner on skin, and pat dry - Apply La Mer concentrate, massage thoroughly - Apply La Mer the eye concentrate under eyes - Apply creme de La mer - Finish off with La Mer lip balm For those of you who might assume that my skin has improved because of La Mer products, that is not quite correct. I've been using La Mer products for 3-4 years, and rest assure, they aren't always saint. I assume that they improve your skin condition and strength, but if you've ruined your skin, then it'd take quite a while before your skin repairs! But this toner really did sped the process up/ Who do I recommend it to? - People whom skin reacts to gentle products : if your skin barely reacts to any gentle products, then this WILL NOT make a difference. - People with sensitive skin : should not cause any irritation. OVERALL: PROS + Gentle fragrance + Soothe sensitive skin + Efficient + Clean container + Easy application CONS - Might cause light burn on rashes, but the burn should stop after 3-4 times of application. So that's it! I hope you find my review useful, and I am sorry if you do not. You can read more reviews on my page if you have sensitive skin like myself! Have a nice day guys, xoxo!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Other, Other

3 years ago

By far the best toner ive ever used! I love this product! I have acne prone combination and super sensitive skin. My skin didnt react to this at all. I usually get itchiness or stingy feeling and acne when i use products the first wk (adjustment period). This is very gentle. It really cleans my skin after i cleanse. It is non drying. I also noticed that it brightened my skin a bit. Only thing is, its too pricey. This is my hg toner. Will definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2.0

6 years ago

When I first bought Avène's Gentle Milk Cleanser, I read the directions on the back of the bottle which recommended I followed with their Gentle Toner. I did so for about a year and was content with the duo. Then one day I came across a review of Avène's Gentle Toner that pointed out the second ingredient, after water, was fragrance. This got me thinking. If it's mostly made up of water and fragrance, it's not much of a toner. There's gentle than there is this. In all fairness, most toners on the market aren't much different. They're made up of water, perfumes and irritants with a few exceptional exceptions that have actual skin benefits. It's a marketing ploy, I think, to have people buying this stuff. In my opinion it does more harm than good but by all means, with the glowing reviews below me, if you feel it does your skin well, than continue with it. I just know when I stopped using Avène's Gentle Toner, my skin felt and looked exactly the same. Which is why I give it 2 lipsticks. No harm or foul but no benefits, either. If I'm shelling out twenty-something dollars for a product, I expect it do some good at the very least.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I have dry combination + sensitive skin and I love Avene products! I was trying to brighten my skin and made a bad mistake of buying a toner with alcohol in it. After 5-7 days of using the toner which had alcohol in it, my cheeks which were the drier parts of my face started flaking and peeling. Desperate, I searched for a toner which was gentle enough yet works for my skin type. And I am so happy I got the Avene Gentle Toner!! After 2 days of switching over to the Avene Gentle Toner, my skin totally stopped peeling and looked more hydrated than before. It leaves your face feeling refreshed and soothed, no taut stingy feeling on the dry areas. I'm about 3-4 weeks into the toner and will definitely buy again when I finish my bottle!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29