I absolutely love this product, and it is a saint for my extremely sensitive skin. If you've been following me on my reviews, you'd see my obsession for Avene products, as it is one of the only brand my skin can handle, and does not give me breakouts. I will break my review down into a few small sections so you can read in specifically on where you are concern about.
** THIS REVIEW IS BASED ON A PERSON WITH SENSITIVE SKIN, DIFFERENT SKIN TYPES MAY RESPOND DIFFERENTLY **
1. Scent - 5/5
If you are worried about the scent, don't be! The toner smells really soft, and gentle, and soothing. It doesn't contain any fragrance- if so, that'd be really really light.
2. Container - 5/5
This product has been stored in the most minimal way. It is hygienic and clean, doesn't leave any residue and stain on the side.
3. Application - 5/5
All you have to do is just open the bottle and pour it on to a cotton pad, and dab it on to your skin thoroughly. Voila! That's pretty much it. What i'd do afterwards is dab a piece of tissue over afterwards to remove any excess, or if you have time, you could just leave it to dry, which would be even better.
4. Is this product effective?
Totally. I would say this product saved my skin. I've been testing on many cosmetics recently, and I've been having rashes and breakouts all over my skin. Initially, I was in store looking for Avene face mask, but I ended up with a toner instead, and I do not regret it at all!
5. Price and efficiency
It is efficient. Although it may cost quite a bit, i'd say that it's pretty much worth it, because this lasts quite a while.
6. My routine of using this product, and steps:
- Remove makeup with Maybelline makeup remover eye and lip or La mer micellar water.
- Clean my face with local organic rice soap, pat dry
- Spray Avene thermal water across skin, leave on for 1-2 minutes before pat dry
- Dab Avene gentle toner on skin, and pat dry
- Apply La Mer concentrate, massage thoroughly
- Apply La Mer the eye concentrate under eyes
- Apply creme de La mer
- Finish off with La Mer lip balm
For those of you who might assume that my skin has improved because of La Mer products, that is not quite correct. I've been using La Mer products for 3-4 years, and rest assure, they aren't always saint. I assume that they improve your skin condition and strength, but if you've ruined your skin, then it'd take quite a while before your skin repairs! But this toner really did sped the process up/
Who do I recommend it to?
- People whom skin reacts to gentle products : if your skin barely reacts to any gentle products, then this WILL NOT make a difference.
- People with sensitive skin : should not cause any irritation.
+ Gentle fragrance
+ Soothe sensitive skin
+ Clean container
+ Easy application
- Might cause light burn on rashes, but the burn should stop after 3-4 times of application.
So that's it! I hope you find my review useful, and I am sorry if you do not. You can read more reviews on my page if you have sensitive skin like myself! Have a nice day guys, xoxo!