Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Pressed Powder

Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Pressed Powder

3.9

I love this. Doesn't break out/irritate my acne-prone/sensitive skin and sets my makeup without making me look thick/powdery.

I put price as 1 lippie because it's cheap...?
Or do I put 5 lippies because the price is super good? Lol

on 2/10/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best cheapie award goes to this powder. It's absolutely long wearing a never cakey, yet still capable of being opaque. Awesome wear, sets makeup perfect and can be built up. Case breaks easy, but expected at three bucks.

on 12/13/2016 2:03:00 AM

I'm so on the fence about this powder. On the one hand, the lightest shade is almost light enough for me, which is amazing, especially for a drugstore product with such a limited shade range. On the other hand, I'm not sure, but I think this might make me break out. I'll have to keep testing it to find out for sure, and I'll edit this later if I figure it out.

Pros:
-Lighter feeling than some other powders I've used, but I can definitely tell I'm wearing it
-Doesn't make me super matte (the finish looks pretty much like skin)
-Coverage is ok if you just need a little
-Can work as a setting powder
-Very affordable
-Cruelty free brand
-Doesn't make my skin feel dry or light I have a lot of makeup caked on
-Doesn't make fine lines look worse
-Clings less to dry patches than other powders I've tried

Cons:
-Shade range is very limited
-Coverage could be better
-Possibly the cause of breakouts
-No mirror (I hate it when compacts don't have mirrors)
-Can look a little orange, but that might be because I'm so pale
-I wouldn't recommend it alone unless you just need sheer coverage

Overall, I actually kind of like this powder and will probably buy it again if I find that it isn't causing the breakouts. (I've only used this with products I found DID break me out, and with a new primer which might be the current cause, so I still need to test it further to be sure.) I just wish Wet n Wild had a greater shade range. They really need to work on getting lighter and darker shades, which isn't a problem limited to them, I know.

I tend to use this over foundation or BB creams that almost provide enough coverage, but need just a tiny bit more, and it works out nicely without being cakey. I've used it with a few different brushes and I think my flat top brush is my favorite for applying. I definitely recommend using a larger brush with this (something at least almost as wide as the product) because smaller brushes seem to pack it on a little too much, but YMMV.

on 11/15/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Given the affordability of this product ($2.99), it works astonishingly well. I have "normal" skin (bordering more on the dry side than the oily side) and it doesn't make me look cakey or powdery. I use the shade "Fair". It works great for me but my one gripe about Wet n Wild is I wish they had a broader shade selection that included deeper skintones. I don't use this as a foundation, but to set my CoverAll cream foundation on scorchingly hot TX days (even now in November it's almost 90 degrees...)

on 11/12/2016 6:07:00 PM

I recently picked this powder up to see if it would work for my skin. I have really dry skin and I can't wear powder hardly ever BC it makes me so cakey and looks terrible. I used this alone and on top of foundation and it's awesome.it didnt make me look dry or very matte,in fact even with it on I dont feel like I'm bone dry,i still feel smooth and moisturized.i have tested it out to see if I could really go at it and it shockingly hasn't looked cakey even with me piling it on! I don't think it would be very good if you're looking to totally mattify your face and for keeping oils away for a long time but for taking away shininess and helping your foundation set and last a little longer I think it's a really good product , especially if you have set skin.

Purchased this in Fair, which was a close match for my skin, although possibly a little too pale. If I don't buff it in or fluff it off, it will look too white. I mostly use this if I'm just running a quick errand or to the gym and am not using concealer or foundation, but just want some temporary coverage. It's too dry/matte for my skin - ends up emphasising lines rather than blurring them, so not something I reach for. The included sponge is useless and I did hit pan rather quickly, but I'm sure that's down to the price. No mirror is another weakness - maybe include a small mirror instead of the sponge. So, final analysis: yes, it's cheap; the colour, while pale, is
a natural tone, not yellow or orange; it might be unflattering for dry or lightly lined skin. While the price is good, the quality/effect for me is not worth cheaping out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hate this with a passion. 100% useless. No coverage, looks like you dusted flour on your face. Dry, horrid whether applied with kabuki brush or sponge. No, no, no.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A funny thing about me is, if you put twenty similar lipglosses in front of me I'd be able to explain why each one is different, but when it comes to other things (like powder) I use a few pretty interchangeably and don't notice subtle differences. Maybelline loose powder, NYX HD finishing powder, NYC pressed and loose powder, Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder and even Aziza pressed powder from the 99 cent store have all made it into my rotation. Obviously the loose powders dont come with me in my purse but I use them to set my foundation at home. The pressed powders are for touch ups during the day and my only criteria is that they mattify, don't look cakey or streaky or orange, and don't break me out. Truth be told, I've only had maybe one or two makeup products break me out, so that's not an issue for me.
This powder is just easy- the price is something like $2 or $3, it always goes on smooth and doesn't give me the dreaded "cake face". It definitely mattifies but if you're using a dewy foundation or you're oily skinned obviously you're going to need to touch this up during the day. The packaging is nothing to look at but does the job.
Although I use several different powders, and can't tell you specific differences between them, the fact that I'm still using this 10+ years later must mean it gets the job done and provides quality that surpasses the low price. WnW in general does powders- pressed, bronzers and blushes- very well and I know I will be rebuying this one specifically in the future.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

purchased this for 2$ at my local drugstore when i ran out of my normal pressed powder. I mainly purchased it because it is cruelty free. It works great, my super oily indian skin stays matte for 5 hours when i use this (which is the longest so far that its ever stayed matte) BUT there is a MAJOR ISSUE and that is, it breaks me out! Unfortunately every time i use it, i develop red pimples around my cheeks and chin. I have perfect skin and DONT suffer from acne but i do get really oily so im assuming an ingredient in this powder along with my oily skin mixes together and clogs my pores to the point where i develop pimples. It sucks because this powder is otherwise amazing and cheap. I will not be using it again because of the breakouts but i suggest everyone try it because if it doesnt make you break out its definitely a 5/5!

on 6/10/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using Rimmel Stay Matte for years and wanted to try something different so I picked this up at my local Dollar General. I am around a NC20 and picked up "light/medium" which seems to be perfect. With the Rimmel product I would start to great greasy after about 5 hrs or so but with this, it's going on 9 hours and I'm just now needing a touchup. What I also like is that Coverall is matte but not chalky. For reference I wore this as a setting powder over Rimmel lasting finish. Love this and I may go get a few more just in case they stop making this!! The price can't be beat either.