Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Pressed Powder

Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Pressed Powder

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

A funny thing about me is, if you put twenty similar lipglosses in front of me I'd be able to explain why each one is different, but when it comes to other things (like powder) I use a few pretty interchangeably and don't notice subtle differences. Maybelline loose powder, NYX HD finishing powder, NYC pressed and loose powder, Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder and even Aziza pressed powder from the 99 cent store have all made it into my rotation. Obviously the loose powders dont come with me in my purse but I use them to set my foundation at home. The pressed powders are for touch ups during the day and my only criteria is that they mattify, don't look cakey or streaky or orange, and don't break me out. Truth be told, I've only had maybe one or two makeup products break me out, so that's not an issue for me.
This powder is just easy- the price is something like $2 or $3, it always goes on smooth and doesn't give me the dreaded "cake face". It definitely mattifies but if you're using a dewy foundation or you're oily skinned obviously you're going to need to touch this up during the day. The packaging is nothing to look at but does the job.
Although I use several different powders, and can't tell you specific differences between them, the fact that I'm still using this 10+ years later must mean it gets the job done and provides quality that surpasses the low price. WnW in general does powders- pressed, bronzers and blushes- very well and I know I will be rebuying this one specifically in the future.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

purchased this for 2$ at my local drugstore when i ran out of my normal pressed powder. I mainly purchased it because it is cruelty free. It works great, my super oily indian skin stays matte for 5 hours when i use this (which is the longest so far that its ever stayed matte) BUT there is a MAJOR ISSUE and that is, it breaks me out! Unfortunately every time i use it, i develop red pimples around my cheeks and chin. I have perfect skin and DONT suffer from acne but i do get really oily so im assuming an ingredient in this powder along with my oily skin mixes together and clogs my pores to the point where i develop pimples. It sucks because this powder is otherwise amazing and cheap. I will not be using it again because of the breakouts but i suggest everyone try it because if it doesnt make you break out its definitely a 5/5!

To Read all 90 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/10/2016 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using Rimmel Stay Matte for years and wanted to try something different so I picked this up at my local Dollar General. I am around a NC20 and picked up "light/medium" which seems to be perfect. With the Rimmel product I would start to great greasy after about 5 hrs or so but with this, it's going on 9 hours and I'm just now needing a touchup. What I also like is that Coverall is matte but not chalky. For reference I wore this as a setting powder over Rimmel lasting finish. Love this and I may go get a few more just in case they stop making this!! The price can't be beat either.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have relatively normal skin and wanted to see if a powder foundation would even suit me before I try a more expensive one. This one works well for me. I apply moisturizer beforehand or it will really cling to dry patches but that's to be expected seeing as it's a powder.

I apply it with a regular powder brush (the sponge applicator that comes with this isn't the best) and am happy with the results, but I know they'd be much better if I used a more dense brush like a kabuki (I'm planning on picking one up soon) that will press the powder into the skin more as opposed to mainly dusting it on.

I feel like this could be worn alone but could also be used as a setting powder for a liquid/cream foundation and for some additional coverage. I've never used a powder foundation before so this may sound stupid to say, but it seems like when I dip in my brush it kicks up an awful lot of powder and can get kind of messy.

This hasn't caused any breakouts on my acne-prone skin, which is a HUGE plus.

Unlike many reviewers, I've never noticed a burnt smell to this product. But I've also never actually stuck my nose up close to it and smelled it (if there is a burnt smell it isn't noticeable to me during or after application.) For $2.99, I really can't find much fault with this product and while I'm sure there are better powder foundations on the market, this one is certainly a very viable option for the woman on a budget/budget-conscious woman.

Cons: the shade range has about ten colors but only goes from "fair" to "tan". Which is great for white people like me but Wet n Wild seriously needs to step up their game and provide products in a wider range of shade selections.

I really don't use this often and when I do use it up I'll probably opt for a higher-end powder foundation but I would repurchase this again if I needed to.

on 1/30/2016 11:11:00 AM

This is unbelievably good for the price. I bought it for my niece, but the shade was too dark for her, so she gave it back to me. It bounced around in my purse for a few weeks, then one night at work, I had forgotten my face powder, so in a pinch, used this one. Amazingly, it lasted all night, no touch ups needed.

It's a matte, fine finish, med coverage. Seems a little dusty when you are sweeping it onto a brush, which is how I apply it. For me, less is always more with powder, especially in areas where my skin is losing it's smooth texture...but let me tell ya, when I get home after an 8 hour shift of running around like a maniac, my makeup still looks pretty darn good!
So good that I have stocked up on these....just in case they stop making them!

There are several shades, but I'm not sure just how many, as the W & W display at my local Rite Aid is always in chaos. I'm not really fair, but not quite a medium, so I use the shade fair/ light and light/ medium. Not a huge difference between the two. The compact is cheap black plastic, with a worthless little sponge. It's described as all day wear. I've been using it over tinted moisturizers, both a lightweight one and a heavier one. Still need to use concealer with this, but for the most part, it's awesome!!

on 1/26/2016 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

It blends well and gives my skin a great natural finish, plus it doesn't cake at all and lasts pretty long with minimal touch-ups. Only gripe I have is with the packaging, it's pretty easy to crack the cake, there can be quite a bit of fallout and there's no mirror, plus that little sponge applicator is completely pointless. Great for the price point but I hope they fix that damn packaging.

on 1/18/2016 12:08:00 PM

This powder is surprisingly awesome! I put it on before work and don't even need a touch up during my 8 hour shift. I have normal skin, just starting to get some fine lines, so best to apply any powder with a light hand....but really, I can't believe how great this is for the price. No problems with the color changing or clogged pores. It's perfect, and for the price, you can't afford not to at least try it!

on 12/31/2015 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my favorite pressed powder at the drugstore. Due to my oily t-zone and acne prone skin, I have tried a lot of powders, but, since it was released, I have hit pan and repurchased the Coverall Pressed Powder at least 4 times.

Don't be fooled by its low price: This is a good powder to wear on humid, 85+ F days. Coverage is light-medium to medium. It's affordable, comes in simple packaging, and the shades are suitable for those with yellowish, olive, and slightly orange skin tones, but I do not recommend this to anyone who has pink or reddish coloring.

The hinge on this rectangular compact has broken on me at least twice, but I read they were changing the packing, so it may improve. I discard the sponge that comes with this product and use a brush to apply--dense or loosely packed bristles, doesn't matter, as the powder is very versatile. The powder pan itself is not magnetic, so you will have to use a magnet or magnetic sticker if depotting. Product has a tendency to crumble as you are about to completely finish the whole pan.

Use Deep Tan if you are NC30.
Use Tan if you are between NC25 and NC30.
Use Medium (the plain "medium", not "medium/tan") if you are NC25.

PROs:
- great for combination- and good for oily skin
- shades are primarly yellow- based and can be used by olive-toned individuals
- affordable pricing, with Wet N Wild products going on sale often at Rite Aid, Walgreens, and CVS

CONs:
- color range is very limited, with shades no darker than Deep Tan (NC30)
- plastic compact is not durable
- not recommended for cool-toned individuals or those with dry skin

on 12/22/2015 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like the powder, but I HATE the packaging. Why no mirror, W&W? Same goes for their Fergie white mattifying powder. HOW MUCH CAN IT BE TO PUT A MIRROR IN??? I would gladly pay the extra dollar so I can just have damn mirror. I didn't use this for a while because of that fact - I use Coty Airspun or MUFE HD or Tarte Amazonian Clay (all loose) at home when I am getting ready and then usually just carry a cheapie pressed powder on me for touch ups. I hit pan on my Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless pressed powder so I started to carry this with me - and I like it! It works well over my Double Wear and keeps me matte.

But I won't be repurchasing this because to have to pack a separate brush and this annoying, long, useless piece of plastic around with me is ridiculous Fail. Major fail.

on 12/21/2015 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I hate this face powder although I love wet n wild cosmetics this one did not satisfy, the color was ok but the consistency felt dry and chalky on my skin. This product definitely caused my acne prone skin irritations and breakouts that felt itchy and cystic, the worst part was the smell! the only way I can describe it is strong synthetic and fowl,almost like burning chemicals? Anyway waste of Money used it for about a week before I threw it in the trash.