Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Pressed Powder

Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Pressed Powder

Talc, Mica, Nylon-12, Boron Nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, [ /- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Carmine/CI 75470]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is really good for a touch up as the day goes by. Unfortunately their are some downfalls. Do not drop this powder or tap it to hard, it will break. The sponge it comes with it kinda rough. I personally do not use it. I have a small powder brush I purchased at Morphe Store. Overall it's an affordable powder that is worth the buy! (:

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've used almost the whole thing and I will buy it again. the color is perfect my pale complexion and the coverage I'd great. I haven't found any powder that lasts all day so this one is just as good as the more expensive ones in my opinion. wow has come out with the photofocus line and I bought the powder but this one has more coverage. I wish they'd work on repackaging and making this one less messy instead of coming out with new stuff every month.

on 3/27/2017 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

ETA: since this powder gives more coverage than the other powders I use - I find it can look a bit cakey if you reapply with it throughout the day. I tried this over my primer and before foundation application - it can look cakey. I'd still use this as a final setting powder - but only for that one application, which is fine. For reapplication throughout the day - I'd use something a bit finer - same for a powder under your foundation - I like my ELF prime and stay powder for $2. Love that stuff.
------------------------

I ended up running around to all the "dollar" stores in my town, just to see what sort of makeup they carry. Lo and behold, I found this powder at Dollar General. Being that most of the BIG drugstores/superstores no longer carry this (usually replaced by newer products) I was so happy! I have been wanting to try this WnW powder for ages after seeing all the good reviews about it, but I couldn't find it carried anywhere and hesitate ordering pressed powders online out of fear of them arriving busted.

I grabbed the shades "Light" and "Light/Medium". The light/medium swatches a tad darker/more yellow on my arm, but when blended out - the two colors look identical on my face. You really can't tell. They both do not oxidize either. This was the first powder I've been able to dust on my face that doesn't gather in the deep crease lines on my forehead. Usually after buffing my foundation and using a setting powder, I can see powder gathering on my forehead. Not this one!

I love these, for the price - they do about what any other "HD" powder does (for me). They are finely milled, too - and I prefer a pressed powder over loose any day. You may get more product with the photofocus powders by WnW, but I think this one gives more coverage.

(as to keeping oil at bay, I found using this to set my makeup at 7AM - it lasted me until around 10AM when I blotted and then reapplied, which is average for me.)

I love this. Doesn't break out/irritate my acne-prone/sensitive skin and sets my makeup without making me look thick/powdery.

I put price as 1 lippie because it's cheap...?
Or do I put 5 lippies because the price is super good? Lol

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The only reason i'm giving it a two lippie is because it is cheap,other than that don't expect it to work on tan skin tone and if you have dark circles this powder will accentuate it,well for me at least.Cut it short i look grayish and dull.I love the MAC powder because it matches my skin tone,i have a yellowish undertone.Unfortunately MAC is way too expensive,still looking out for a good compressed powder that will not make me look washed out and cheap.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

A surprisingly elegant product belies this cheap, flimsy packaging. Very finely milled, excellent for mattifying and setting. It doesn't look like ancient face-dust as many powders often do on mature skin. Adds a bit of coverage, but not much more than translucent powder, which is often useless on darker complexions because it sits white on the skin. The accompanying sponge is practically throwaway although it could be used in a pinch for an emergency elevator touch-up--if the compact came with a mirror, which it doesn't. If you can get past these shortcomings, this powder applies silkily with a brush (and a light hand) or a velour puff. Only comes in a few fair-looking colors, which made me balk in the aisle the first time I came across this little gem in the store. And yet, somehow Medium, which is quite yellow and light, works very well for my NC40 mug.

on 2/10/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best cheapie award goes to this powder. It's absolutely long wearing a never cakey, yet still capable of being opaque. Awesome wear, sets makeup perfect and can be built up. Case breaks easy, but expected at three bucks.

on 12/13/2016 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm so on the fence about this powder. On the one hand, the lightest shade is almost light enough for me, which is amazing, especially for a drugstore product with such a limited shade range. On the other hand, I'm not sure, but I think this might make me break out. I'll have to keep testing it to find out for sure, and I'll edit this later if I figure it out.

Pros:
-Lighter feeling than some other powders I've used, but I can definitely tell I'm wearing it
-Doesn't make me super matte (the finish looks pretty much like skin)
-Coverage is ok if you just need a little
-Can work as a setting powder
-Very affordable
-Cruelty free brand
-Doesn't make my skin feel dry or light I have a lot of makeup caked on
-Doesn't make fine lines look worse
-Clings less to dry patches than other powders I've tried

Cons:
-Shade range is very limited
-Coverage could be better
-Possibly the cause of breakouts
-No mirror (I hate it when compacts don't have mirrors)
-Can look a little orange, but that might be because I'm so pale
-I wouldn't recommend it alone unless you just need sheer coverage

Overall, I actually kind of like this powder and will probably buy it again if I find that it isn't causing the breakouts. (I've only used this with products I found DID break me out, and with a new primer which might be the current cause, so I still need to test it further to be sure.) I just wish Wet n Wild had a greater shade range. They really need to work on getting lighter and darker shades, which isn't a problem limited to them, I know.

I tend to use this over foundation or BB creams that almost provide enough coverage, but need just a tiny bit more, and it works out nicely without being cakey. I've used it with a few different brushes and I think my flat top brush is my favorite for applying. I definitely recommend using a larger brush with this (something at least almost as wide as the product) because smaller brushes seem to pack it on a little too much, but YMMV.

on 11/12/2016 6:07:00 PM

I recently picked this powder up to see if it would work for my skin. I have really dry skin and I can't wear powder hardly ever BC it makes me so cakey and looks terrible. I used this alone and on top of foundation and it's awesome.it didnt make me look dry or very matte,in fact even with it on I dont feel like I'm bone dry,i still feel smooth and moisturized.i have tested it out to see if I could really go at it and it shockingly hasn't looked cakey even with me piling it on! I don't think it would be very good if you're looking to totally mattify your face and for keeping oils away for a long time but for taking away shininess and helping your foundation set and last a little longer I think it's a really good product , especially if you have set skin.

on 11/15/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Given the affordability of this product ($2.99), it works astonishingly well. I have "normal" skin (bordering more on the dry side than the oily side) and it doesn't make me look cakey or powdery. I use the shade "Fair". It works great for me but my one gripe about Wet n Wild is I wish they had a broader shade selection that included deeper skintones. I don't use this as a foundation, but to set my CoverAll cream foundation on scorchingly hot TX days (even now in November it's almost 90 degrees...)