St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.1

LOVE. So the first time I bought this, it was horrible. Sprayed in big globs and I had to rub it all in. The color I got was amazing, but like I said the spraying experience was awful. Luckily I purchased it at Sephora and I could return it and exchange it for a new one. The second time it worked perfectly. I use this on my face all the time and on my body for touch-ups in between using a lotion or mousse. Color is natural and dark brown. Most natural looking self tanner I've ever used! I so highly recommend this product. But please buy somewhere you can return it just in case, because the spray nozzle may not work on all of them!

on 8/17/2005 1:04:00 AM

great results. No streaking or white spots. Colour could be a bit darker...but I do like it being buildable.
Messy application. Next time I'll do it inside my shower and just rinse.

The sponge applicator was useless...way better to use your hands and a latex sponge for the face.

on 6/28/2005 3:23:00 PM

I used a tanning mitt to apply the shimmering mist, and I got a fright at how dark it was. It went on really unevenly no matter how much I tried to blend. I thought I would be able to go out with an instant tan, but every time I touched it or rubbed anything against it there were smudge marks. I couldn't even put my shoes on without it coming off! After it had developed I washed off the bronzy shimmery stuff and was left with a very pale tan- not worth the effort at all! I'm glad I got it on ebay and didn't pay full price. Don't waste your money, I think out of all the St Tropez products this is the worst. The best one for colour is still their original lotion, but I don't like how sticky it feels, and I don't like the sludgy colour guide either. Sigh, will I ever find a non sticky fake tan with a good deep colour? I've been using fake tan for 12 years and still not found The One.

on 6/11/2005 9:02:00 AM

It's important to realise there are actually 2 different spray-on products, the Shimmering Mist and the Bronzing Mist. I've tried them both and much preferred the Bronzing Mist.

The Shimmering Mist has a bronzer type substance in it so that you skin literally shimmers after you've applied. It looks very unnatural, especially on the face, so I just used to apply it before bed. Unfortunately it produces a very light colour once washed off, and it really broke out my face and back.

The Bronzing Mist on the other hand gave me a nicer colour on my Type 1 skin(nicer than the mousse), faded better then the mousse and didn't break me out. So I'd definetely recommend the Bronzing Mist but not the Shimmering spray.

on 6/14/2004 10:24:00 AM

Facing another summer with whiter-than-white skin I decided to give this a try. It's not cheap (30 GBP) but it really is the best I've tried; a quick and easy way to a safe tan. Having tried it out on my legs first I've quickly progressed to an expert all-over application and the results are great.

To get the best application I really think you have give your skin a few days of preparation in terms of depilating (you might want to brave waxing to avoid shaving off your tan a few days later), exfoliating and moisturising. It will go on fine even without it but the results are better if you get your skin up to scratch first.

I use a heavy-duty body lotion on dry areas and spray it on in the shower cubicle as otherwise you might find that you're redecorating the bathroom in a tasteful shade of brown! Rather than buy the latex gloves St Tropez try to sell you I just picked up some cheap ones from the first aid kit section of Boots. Much cheaper and just as effective in preventing those tell-tale orange-palms.

The first coat takes the edge off but you can build it up to a natural tan in a few applications. The bottle sprays upside-down and I recruit my boyfriend to rub it into the places I can't reach. The mist dries quickly so I spray one section at a time and use both hands to blend it in. The colour guide isn't very obvious which is good in that you can go out having applied it but not so good in that it can be a bit tricky to see where you've sprayed already. I apply it to my face by putting a bit of moisturiser in my palm and then spraying the mist on to it. This gives a bit more 'slip' which makes it easier to apply to the face. (I have persistent but currently mild acne and haven't had any adverse reactions.) Everything is dry in about 10 minutes and you can get dressed and get on with things.

I will be buying this again, but probably not for some time as the bottle is taking ages to go down. The initial expense will definitely be worth it in the long-run.

Update: I've decided not to re-puchase this after all. The spray is just too messy and whilst the first upside-down squirt works fine, it then jams. Not what you want when trying to apply in an even layer! I'd rather not use aerosols, but for a liquid product like this, it might be the best idea.

on 8/4/2003 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this after reading the MUAers recommendations, as I've always been apprehensive of fake tan. I must say I'm impressed! It dries instantly - that's why you must make sure you wear the latex gloves - and the colour is very natural. I do have a couple of white spots but that's due to my inexperience I'm sure. If I buy one again, it'll be this one. One point on the packaging: it can leak around the pump so be careful.

on 6/3/2003 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had problems in the beginning when I was using the whipped mousse, the color was fantastic, but it did not look "real" on my very pale pale skin. **ANSWER** Using a self tanning glove (I bought mine at WalMart for $3.00) and rubbing the whipped mousse or bronzing mist onto my skin, gave me the PERFECT REALISTIC tan... makes a HUGE difference using a self tanner glove...try it!! ^^