St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

No Image

3.6

on 1/24/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be such a great self tanner and I don't know what happened to it. When I recently bought it again the color guide was awfully green. I thought maybe I got a dud so I ordered another one straight off their website. Same thing. It goes on very green and looks horrible. I have used and loved this for years and it used to be a beautiful golden brown color. This is just awful. Will never order this again.
I noticed that is has been half price on their website for a while now. Maybe they are phasing out the product or selling off their old stock. In any case, BEWARE as this is sadly not what it used to be.

on 3/14/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This self tanner is fantastic for beginners. The color is such a natural golden brown with NEUTRAL undertones so it will look great on everyone. This is great when you want a tan overnight, as the color builds up within a few hours. My tan lasted a few days, without extra moisturizing or gradual tanner used afterward. I was very happy with the color, and how easy it was to apply. You may need to rub in a few spots if you don't evenly spray it, but the spray nozzle is pretty great in that it gives a wide spray, so you won't end up with any white zebra stripes if you forget a spot. I've only used this twice, and I think I've been using too much because it seems like I may only get 3-4 uses out of the full sized bottle. However, this is still much cheaper than getting a professional spray tan. I think I'll try out the gradual tanner for in between sprays.

Overall: If you've never used a self tanner but want a quick glow for a night/weekend out, this is for you. The price will be totally worth it, but if you're really worried about it, I'd suggest buying it from a store with a good return policy, like Sephora.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If I can pick this up in TK Max for 12 a bottle I will use it. It's not as good as fake bake original, but is a bit kinder on my sheets.

on 4/5/2011 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

ITS BRILLANT BUT DO NOT USE IT ON UR FACE OR U WILL GET A RASH! :(

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, St. Tropez, St. Tropez... my new bestes' friend. I definitely had my doubts at first - first thing that alarmed me was the term "self-tan" in the product name. Nothing good EVER comes out of a translucently pale white girl & a self-procclaimed tan in a bottle. Secondly was the price... I'm a bargain snob - I root for the cosmetic underdog, what can I say? But dood, take it from someone who has tried every effin' sunless tanner on the market: pricey, maybe, but believe me when I say this stuff's worth it.
The directions instruct to spray evenly over the whole body, give it about four hours to completely set (meanwhile get ready for the day, take a nap, whatevs), and shower off to reveal a gorgeous, healthy glow.
So I spray myself down, it dries really really quickly - which is nice, because walking around like a nude, yet very bronzed swamp monsta' for hours on end gets a little weird for the family, I'll admit. In the meantime I'm checkin' out my skin in the sunlight - the true test if it's an even sunless-tan. And I'm not gonna lie, at this point, I'm a little worried. It's a little, um, overly-colored straight out of the can, which I'm guessing is why a shower's recommended once the bronzer sets? So I'm holding out, hoping this shower will bust some shit out & save the St. Tropez name. Turns out, it did (: it looked totally natural once I showered and dried off, absolutely no streaking, no scary-dark elbows/knees, and flawless color match - which is the part that blew my mind, considering it was sort of a one-size-fits-all bronzer.
The only down side is there's a subtle chemical smell to it (not a big deal for me, but some people might not be crazy about it), and the price is on the steep side if you buy it directly - don't be afraid to check out Ebay though, usually you can find some awesome deals on that kinda stuff. And if you're worried it might not be a genuine St. Tropez product or whatever, all you have to do is contact the Ebay company - they'll refund you, 100%.

St. Tropez Self-Tan Bronzing Spray = ego boost in an effin' can; definitely recommend (;

I've been using Fake Bake the past couple of years, but it keeps coming off on my bed sheets and well..I think it was a bit too dark for me. So, I decided to use St. Tropez Bronzing Mist. It dries in seconds and I use St. Tropez's self tan mitt to rub it in. Doesn't come off on my bed sheets, gives a more natural tan than Fake Bake and doesn't have the dreaded fake tan smell - only slightly. I think Fake Bake might be for darking skin tones. I'm surprised at this stuff because I thought it might be orange, but I have fair skin and it looks like the golden colour I go in the sun!! Fantastic!

on 4/18/2006 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used St Tropez for years and have tried all of the products (most of which are good). However after recently using the spray mist i developed an allergic reaction around my neck and shoulder area (itchy, sore skin) a bit like eczema. I also think that the tan remover product is a total waste of money as it only removes tan for up to 4hrs AFTER application but the tan itself takes up to 8hrs to develop, my point being that you wouldnt know if any tan needed removing(e.g. streaks, knee area, feet etc) until the tan had fully developed. I think the manufactures need to go back to the drawing board on this one and develop a remover that works whenever it is required.

First of all, when they say "Shimmering Bronze", they mean "SHIMMERING BRONZE!" I looked like a statue of bronze, seriously. DH was frightened of me. I have never seen a darker color guide in a self-tanner and it was very metallic. It was a MESS to apply, too. All over my bahroom, since it's a spray. I was bleaching towels like crazy this morning. In the end, it came out pretty light. It wasn't very dark at all after I washed it off. I seriously thought I was going to have to call off work today since I was prepared to look like a freak, a la Ross on Friends. But it was pretty light, a little disappointingly light since I get darker results from the Whipped Bronze(Mousse).

Edited 6/28/05: Halfway through use, the spray mechanism on the bottle stopped functioning. I had to unscrew it and pour the solution out onto a sponge to apply. This resulted in a.) a mess and b.)half the product going down my sink. I will be sticking to my mousse going forward!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very natural, not-so-tanned colour. But - the packaging is all leaky and simply TERRIBLE! Plus, the spray seems to get into every little pore and accentuate them, making it seem like you've got blackheads all over...Not so good. Expensive too. I'll stick to the lotion.

on 9/1/2004 5:42:00 AM

The colour is great and looks very natural on my pale skin. However, I hate the packaging. The spray was leaky and since I had to rub it in after I had sprayed I didn't really see the advantage of spraying. In the end I poored some of teh lotion out into a bowl and just applied it with my hands.

It is quicker drying than the lotion.