St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

No Image

3.8

on 3/14/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This self tanner is fantastic for beginners. The color is such a natural golden brown with NEUTRAL undertones so it will look great on everyone. This is great when you want a tan overnight, as the color builds up within a few hours. My tan lasted a few days, without extra moisturizing or gradual tanner used afterward. I was very happy with the color, and how easy it was to apply. You may need to rub in a few spots if you don't evenly spray it, but the spray nozzle is pretty great in that it gives a wide spray, so you won't end up with any white zebra stripes if you forget a spot. I've only used this twice, and I think I've been using too much because it seems like I may only get 3-4 uses out of the full sized bottle. However, this is still much cheaper than getting a professional spray tan. I think I'll try out the gradual tanner for in between sprays.

Overall: If you've never used a self tanner but want a quick glow for a night/weekend out, this is for you. The price will be totally worth it, but if you're really worried about it, I'd suggest buying it from a store with a good return policy, like Sephora.

on 8/12/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised the reviews are so low for this. I have used most self-tanners, all HE. This is by far my favorite, as it gives an incredibly natural color. I apply it at night and even like the color guide so much that I don't always wash it off in the am. Only HUGE downside is that BF cannot stand the smell, hence one lippie off. *sniff*

EDIT: I emailed the company asking for a list of ingredients, which they sent me. However, they failed to include all of the gross parabens that are listed on the bottle. Whaaaat? They just left those out? Horrible. I would've possibly sacrificed this if it was a lotion (which I don't think goes on as well), but spraying parabens on my face? No thanks.

on 4/19/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sadly, I would buy this again even though it is expensive IMO and only lasts through a few applications. The tan I get with this looks so natural and I get pretty dark. After a couple applications I turn a nice bronze color. However, the price is expensive and I went through the bottle too quickly. I wish the bottle was bigger or produced a darker application on only one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, St. Tropez, St. Tropez... my new bestes' friend. I definitely had my doubts at first - first thing that alarmed me was the term "self-tan" in the product name. Nothing good EVER comes out of a translucently pale white girl & a self-procclaimed tan in a bottle. Secondly was the price... I'm a bargain snob - I root for the cosmetic underdog, what can I say? But dood, take it from someone who has tried every effin' sunless tanner on the market: pricey, maybe, but believe me when I say this stuff's worth it.
The directions instruct to spray evenly over the whole body, give it about four hours to completely set (meanwhile get ready for the day, take a nap, whatevs), and shower off to reveal a gorgeous, healthy glow.
So I spray myself down, it dries really really quickly - which is nice, because walking around like a nude, yet very bronzed swamp monsta' for hours on end gets a little weird for the family, I'll admit. In the meantime I'm checkin' out my skin in the sunlight - the true test if it's an even sunless-tan. And I'm not gonna lie, at this point, I'm a little worried. It's a little, um, overly-colored straight out of the can, which I'm guessing is why a shower's recommended once the bronzer sets? So I'm holding out, hoping this shower will bust some shit out & save the St. Tropez name. Turns out, it did (: it looked totally natural once I showered and dried off, absolutely no streaking, no scary-dark elbows/knees, and flawless color match - which is the part that blew my mind, considering it was sort of a one-size-fits-all bronzer.
The only down side is there's a subtle chemical smell to it (not a big deal for me, but some people might not be crazy about it), and the price is on the steep side if you buy it directly - don't be afraid to check out Ebay though, usually you can find some awesome deals on that kinda stuff. And if you're worried it might not be a genuine St. Tropez product or whatever, all you have to do is contact the Ebay company - they'll refund you, 100%.

St. Tropez Self-Tan Bronzing Spray = ego boost in an effin' can; definitely recommend (;

on 5/8/2004 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the lotion, but wanted to try the mist. I love them both for different reasons. The color guide on the mist is wearable, not at all dark and thick like the lotion. The mist dries extremely fast and is not sticky. It has a more pleasant smell than the lotion. The bottle is tall, and seems to last a long time for me. The tan itself is always very even and pretty, *fairly* long-lasting (not quite as long as the lotion) and realistic. One layer on me cuts the glare and looks attractive - like you got a little sun, but it takes three or four layers to get me as dark as I like to look in the summer. But, application is very fast and easy. I use latex gloves when I apply. Usually, I apply it to my face with a sponge. I always wash my face after a few hours, because the color guide breaks me out a little if I don't. For hands and feet, I rub some regular lotion in first, or use a lotion type self tanner there. The other difference I notice with the lotion and mist is, the mist's end color is slightly more golden. It still looks very natural on me, as described above, but there is a difference in the colors between the two. The lotion also gets me darker with less applications. On the downside of using the mist, you will need to hold your breath sometimes while applying, to minimize breathing the mist. The mist residue will settle on things where you are spraying, so either put something on the floor, stand in your tub, or be sure to wipe things off when you are done. It's great for travel too.