St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

No Image

3.6

on 1/24/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be such a great self tanner and I don't know what happened to it. When I recently bought it again the color guide was awfully green. I thought maybe I got a dud so I ordered another one straight off their website. Same thing. It goes on very green and looks horrible. I have used and loved this for years and it used to be a beautiful golden brown color. This is just awful. Will never order this again.
I noticed that is has been half price on their website for a while now. Maybe they are phasing out the product or selling off their old stock. In any case, BEWARE as this is sadly not what it used to be.

on 6/13/2013 1:31:00 AM

Okay, so I bought this product thinking it would be good as it is highly rated and expensive so I assumed that I would get what I paid for. This was not the case, the bottle is horrible, the nozzle on the bottle got clogged after about two uses and then every time I sprayed it it would either just spray little dots of tan and left all these horrible freckle looking dots on me or it would all come out at once and leave big patches of tan on my skin. The tan was so uneven, I used the St Tropez tanning mit and everything followed all of the directions and still did not even. I have had better results from fake tans that cost $6. It was the darker tanning mist in the smaller spray bottle. I got about 5 full-body applications out of the bottle before it ran out which I believe isn't much for what I paid for it. The tan was an okay colour, a brownish colour with a slight green tinge to it. It is so messy to apply. I had to put a towel on the floor and spray it on my body and it still ended up on the bottoms off my feet and all over my floor around the towel. The tan also stuck to all of my pores and faded away horribly and made my skin look patchy. I wouldn't recommend buying this fake-tanner, I'd steer clear of the spray and maybe go for the mousse or the cream.

on 4/19/2012 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Sadly, I would buy this again even though it is expensive IMO and only lasts through a few applications. The tan I get with this looks so natural and I get pretty dark. After a couple applications I turn a nice bronze color. However, the price is expensive and I went through the bottle too quickly. I wish the bottle was bigger or produced a darker application on only one.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, St. Tropez, St. Tropez... my new bestes' friend. I definitely had my doubts at first - first thing that alarmed me was the term "self-tan" in the product name. Nothing good EVER comes out of a translucently pale white girl & a self-procclaimed tan in a bottle. Secondly was the price... I'm a bargain snob - I root for the cosmetic underdog, what can I say? But dood, take it from someone who has tried every effin' sunless tanner on the market: pricey, maybe, but believe me when I say this stuff's worth it.
The directions instruct to spray evenly over the whole body, give it about four hours to completely set (meanwhile get ready for the day, take a nap, whatevs), and shower off to reveal a gorgeous, healthy glow.
So I spray myself down, it dries really really quickly - which is nice, because walking around like a nude, yet very bronzed swamp monsta' for hours on end gets a little weird for the family, I'll admit. In the meantime I'm checkin' out my skin in the sunlight - the true test if it's an even sunless-tan. And I'm not gonna lie, at this point, I'm a little worried. It's a little, um, overly-colored straight out of the can, which I'm guessing is why a shower's recommended once the bronzer sets? So I'm holding out, hoping this shower will bust some shit out & save the St. Tropez name. Turns out, it did (: it looked totally natural once I showered and dried off, absolutely no streaking, no scary-dark elbows/knees, and flawless color match - which is the part that blew my mind, considering it was sort of a one-size-fits-all bronzer.
The only down side is there's a subtle chemical smell to it (not a big deal for me, but some people might not be crazy about it), and the price is on the steep side if you buy it directly - don't be afraid to check out Ebay though, usually you can find some awesome deals on that kinda stuff. And if you're worried it might not be a genuine St. Tropez product or whatever, all you have to do is contact the Ebay company - they'll refund you, 100%.

St. Tropez Self-Tan Bronzing Spray = ego boost in an effin' can; definitely recommend (;

This is a great product if you want a natural glow. It is hard to achieve an actual noticable dark tan with this unless you use a lot for like, 5 days in a row or more. The colour is a perfect natural tan brown and only has a slight fake tan smell. It goes onto the skin quite clear, no colour quide, which I like and sinks in almost imediatley. Iv'e tried a lot of fake tan and St. Tropez is in it's own league. I haven't tried the lotion yet and Im very hesitant to because I can't stand the thought of going to sleep in a thick layer of oily, uncomfortable lotion. I have to admit that the mist spray is a little hard to apply and spread, but if you mix it in with moisturiser, it's much easier. Although, to me, this technique wastes quite a bit of the mist so I've been trying to think of a better way to apply this. I figured that at salons they use liquid in their spray tan machines, so I just bought my own little spray tan machine off ebay ($AU200) and I am going to give that a try. I don't know if it will work, but I see no reason why it won't since all the machine needs is a liquid tan, and St. Tropez Mist is liquid! My sister is going to try it out on me soon and I'll update soon.

on 6/28/2005 3:23:00 PM

I used a tanning mitt to apply the shimmering mist, and I got a fright at how dark it was. It went on really unevenly no matter how much I tried to blend. I thought I would be able to go out with an instant tan, but every time I touched it or rubbed anything against it there were smudge marks. I couldn't even put my shoes on without it coming off! After it had developed I washed off the bronzy shimmery stuff and was left with a very pale tan- not worth the effort at all! I'm glad I got it on ebay and didn't pay full price. Don't waste your money, I think out of all the St Tropez products this is the worst. The best one for colour is still their original lotion, but I don't like how sticky it feels, and I don't like the sludgy colour guide either. Sigh, will I ever find a non sticky fake tan with a good deep colour? I've been using fake tan for 12 years and still not found The One.

First of all, when they say "Shimmering Bronze", they mean "SHIMMERING BRONZE!" I looked like a statue of bronze, seriously. DH was frightened of me. I have never seen a darker color guide in a self-tanner and it was very metallic. It was a MESS to apply, too. All over my bahroom, since it's a spray. I was bleaching towels like crazy this morning. In the end, it came out pretty light. It wasn't very dark at all after I washed it off. I seriously thought I was going to have to call off work today since I was prepared to look like a freak, a la Ross on Friends. But it was pretty light, a little disappointingly light since I get darker results from the Whipped Bronze(Mousse).

Edited 6/28/05: Halfway through use, the spray mechanism on the bottle stopped functioning. I had to unscrew it and pour the solution out onto a sponge to apply. This resulted in a.) a mess and b.)half the product going down my sink. I will be sticking to my mousse going forward!

on 8/4/2003 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this after reading the MUAers recommendations, as I've always been apprehensive of fake tan. I must say I'm impressed! It dries instantly - that's why you must make sure you wear the latex gloves - and the colour is very natural. I do have a couple of white spots but that's due to my inexperience I'm sure. If I buy one again, it'll be this one. One point on the packaging: it can leak around the pump so be careful.