St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.8

LOVE. So the first time I bought this, it was horrible. Sprayed in big globs and I had to rub it all in. The color I got was amazing, but like I said the spraying experience was awful. Luckily I purchased it at Sephora and I could return it and exchange it for a new one. The second time it worked perfectly. I use this on my face all the time and on my body for touch-ups in between using a lotion or mousse. Color is natural and dark brown. Most natural looking self tanner I've ever used! I so highly recommend this product. But please buy somewhere you can return it just in case, because the spray nozzle may not work on all of them!

on 6/13/2013 1:31:00 AM

Okay, so I bought this product thinking it would be good as it is highly rated and expensive so I assumed that I would get what I paid for. This was not the case, the bottle is horrible, the nozzle on the bottle got clogged after about two uses and then every time I sprayed it it would either just spray little dots of tan and left all these horrible freckle looking dots on me or it would all come out at once and leave big patches of tan on my skin. The tan was so uneven, I used the St Tropez tanning mit and everything followed all of the directions and still did not even. I have had better results from fake tans that cost $6. It was the darker tanning mist in the smaller spray bottle. I got about 5 full-body applications out of the bottle before it ran out which I believe isn't much for what I paid for it. The tan was an okay colour, a brownish colour with a slight green tinge to it. It is so messy to apply. I had to put a towel on the floor and spray it on my body and it still ended up on the bottoms off my feet and all over my floor around the towel. The tan also stuck to all of my pores and faded away horribly and made my skin look patchy. I wouldn't recommend buying this fake-tanner, I'd steer clear of the spray and maybe go for the mousse or the cream.

on 2/17/2012 3:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was kind of new to using self tan so I thought I'd buy a expensive one
due to not wanting to be a wotsit I used it on my face and body,
its not that orange-y but it does has a kind of tint or orange if you put it on
your face so I wouldn't recommend using loads on your face!
the smell is kind of off-putting as well I must admit, but the tan is really nice
overral on your body!

This is a great product if you want a natural glow. It is hard to achieve an actual noticable dark tan with this unless you use a lot for like, 5 days in a row or more. The colour is a perfect natural tan brown and only has a slight fake tan smell. It goes onto the skin quite clear, no colour quide, which I like and sinks in almost imediatley. Iv'e tried a lot of fake tan and St. Tropez is in it's own league. I haven't tried the lotion yet and Im very hesitant to because I can't stand the thought of going to sleep in a thick layer of oily, uncomfortable lotion. I have to admit that the mist spray is a little hard to apply and spread, but if you mix it in with moisturiser, it's much easier. Although, to me, this technique wastes quite a bit of the mist so I've been trying to think of a better way to apply this. I figured that at salons they use liquid in their spray tan machines, so I just bought my own little spray tan machine off ebay ($AU200) and I am going to give that a try. I don't know if it will work, but I see no reason why it won't since all the machine needs is a liquid tan, and St. Tropez Mist is liquid! My sister is going to try it out on me soon and I'll update soon.

on 1/21/2006 8:49:00 PM

this spray design ought to be either dropped, or radically overhauled. As the previous reviewer observed, this work ok until it clogs with 'more than half the product left'. Even before it clogged, it wasn't perfect as it isn't a very fine mist (try 'spraytan' for a lovely fine mist...but again this one can also tend to clog before it's empty). Anyway don't think you can rub down a bad spray session- more often than not, this just wipes away your efforts. You'll end up having to spray tons and then attempt to smudge into some kind of unity. I can say that St Tropez are the masters of self tan, so this is luckily idiot proof: beautiful even brown result next day when you wash it off. My complaint is that it's extremely messy, rubbish pump, unsatisfactory mist effect. Don't buy this, buy the faultless St Tropez mousse. That gives same result but is way easier to apply, and dries even quicker! I actually threw away my spray, with a third still in the bottle. If the bottle hadn't got so mucky, I could have sold it on Ebay!!! If i'm going to spend 30, i don't want to have to mix it with a cream, put it in a bowl, etc. I want it to be a finished product!! Please AVOID!!!!

on 8/17/2005 1:04:00 AM

great results. No streaking or white spots. Colour could be a bit darker...but I do like it being buildable.
Messy application. Next time I'll do it inside my shower and just rinse.

The sponge applicator was useless...way better to use your hands and a latex sponge for the face.

on 6/28/2005 3:23:00 PM

I used a tanning mitt to apply the shimmering mist, and I got a fright at how dark it was. It went on really unevenly no matter how much I tried to blend. I thought I would be able to go out with an instant tan, but every time I touched it or rubbed anything against it there were smudge marks. I couldn't even put my shoes on without it coming off! After it had developed I washed off the bronzy shimmery stuff and was left with a very pale tan- not worth the effort at all! I'm glad I got it on ebay and didn't pay full price. Don't waste your money, I think out of all the St Tropez products this is the worst. The best one for colour is still their original lotion, but I don't like how sticky it feels, and I don't like the sludgy colour guide either. Sigh, will I ever find a non sticky fake tan with a good deep colour? I've been using fake tan for 12 years and still not found The One.

on 6/11/2005 9:02:00 AM

It's important to realise there are actually 2 different spray-on products, the Shimmering Mist and the Bronzing Mist. I've tried them both and much preferred the Bronzing Mist.

The Shimmering Mist has a bronzer type substance in it so that you skin literally shimmers after you've applied. It looks very unnatural, especially on the face, so I just used to apply it before bed. Unfortunately it produces a very light colour once washed off, and it really broke out my face and back.

The Bronzing Mist on the other hand gave me a nicer colour on my Type 1 skin(nicer than the mousse), faded better then the mousse and didn't break me out. So I'd definetely recommend the Bronzing Mist but not the Shimmering spray.

First of all, when they say "Shimmering Bronze", they mean "SHIMMERING BRONZE!" I looked like a statue of bronze, seriously. DH was frightened of me. I have never seen a darker color guide in a self-tanner and it was very metallic. It was a MESS to apply, too. All over my bahroom, since it's a spray. I was bleaching towels like crazy this morning. In the end, it came out pretty light. It wasn't very dark at all after I washed it off. I seriously thought I was going to have to call off work today since I was prepared to look like a freak, a la Ross on Friends. But it was pretty light, a little disappointingly light since I get darker results from the Whipped Bronze(Mousse).

Edited 6/28/05: Halfway through use, the spray mechanism on the bottle stopped functioning. I had to unscrew it and pour the solution out onto a sponge to apply. This resulted in a.) a mess and b.)half the product going down my sink. I will be sticking to my mousse going forward!

on 9/1/2004 5:42:00 AM

The colour is great and looks very natural on my pale skin. However, I hate the packaging. The spray was leaky and since I had to rub it in after I had sprayed I didn't really see the advantage of spraying. In the end I poored some of teh lotion out into a bowl and just applied it with my hands.

It is quicker drying than the lotion.