St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

No Image

3.8

on 8/12/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised the reviews are so low for this. I have used most self-tanners, all HE. This is by far my favorite, as it gives an incredibly natural color. I apply it at night and even like the color guide so much that I don't always wash it off in the am. Only HUGE downside is that BF cannot stand the smell, hence one lippie off. *sniff*

EDIT: I emailed the company asking for a list of ingredients, which they sent me. However, they failed to include all of the gross parabens that are listed on the bottle. Whaaaat? They just left those out? Horrible. I would've possibly sacrificed this if it was a lotion (which I don't think goes on as well), but spraying parabens on my face? No thanks.

I've been using Fake Bake the past couple of years, but it keeps coming off on my bed sheets and well..I think it was a bit too dark for me. So, I decided to use St. Tropez Bronzing Mist. It dries in seconds and I use St. Tropez's self tan mitt to rub it in. Doesn't come off on my bed sheets, gives a more natural tan than Fake Bake and doesn't have the dreaded fake tan smell - only slightly. I think Fake Bake might be for darking skin tones. I'm surprised at this stuff because I thought it might be orange, but I have fair skin and it looks like the golden colour I go in the sun!! Fantastic!

on 4/3/2007 5:33:00 PM

After having a St.Tropez bronzing treatment done at a spa, the lady recommended I use this to help the color last longer at home. It comes with a sponge applicator that helps for your face, back and other hard to reach places. While it did help to keep the color, there are some things to keep in mind:
1. exfoliation every 3 days and moisturizing everyday are KEY
2. this gives a light application when applied with the sponge (I plan to try it with my hands the next time I use it to see if it gives more coverage)
3. due to the light application, it is really hard to apply it so it will streak
4. you could benefit from applying it 2 nights in a row and then wait until your next exfoliation to apply again
5. I spray the sponge over the sink and then apply (usually with 3 squirts) The mess was minimal.
6. apply at night after exfoliating in the shower and shower in the morning to rinse off the color guide
Practice will make perfect, IMO, and you need to experiment with application techniques to see what works best for you. As I said before, it really seems impossible to apply this wrong if you are covering all parts with care. I found the lotion to be a bit more tricky, especially on my hands and feet and I will rate that product as well.

on 5/8/2004 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the lotion, but wanted to try the mist. I love them both for different reasons. The color guide on the mist is wearable, not at all dark and thick like the lotion. The mist dries extremely fast and is not sticky. It has a more pleasant smell than the lotion. The bottle is tall, and seems to last a long time for me. The tan itself is always very even and pretty, *fairly* long-lasting (not quite as long as the lotion) and realistic. One layer on me cuts the glare and looks attractive - like you got a little sun, but it takes three or four layers to get me as dark as I like to look in the summer. But, application is very fast and easy. I use latex gloves when I apply. Usually, I apply it to my face with a sponge. I always wash my face after a few hours, because the color guide breaks me out a little if I don't. For hands and feet, I rub some regular lotion in first, or use a lotion type self tanner there. The other difference I notice with the lotion and mist is, the mist's end color is slightly more golden. It still looks very natural on me, as described above, but there is a difference in the colors between the two. The lotion also gets me darker with less applications. On the downside of using the mist, you will need to hold your breath sometimes while applying, to minimize breathing the mist. The mist residue will settle on things where you are spraying, so either put something on the floor, stand in your tub, or be sure to wipe things off when you are done. It's great for travel too.