St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

No Image

4.3

on 3/14/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This self tanner is fantastic for beginners. The color is such a natural golden brown with NEUTRAL undertones so it will look great on everyone. This is great when you want a tan overnight, as the color builds up within a few hours. My tan lasted a few days, without extra moisturizing or gradual tanner used afterward. I was very happy with the color, and how easy it was to apply. You may need to rub in a few spots if you don't evenly spray it, but the spray nozzle is pretty great in that it gives a wide spray, so you won't end up with any white zebra stripes if you forget a spot. I've only used this twice, and I think I've been using too much because it seems like I may only get 3-4 uses out of the full sized bottle. However, this is still much cheaper than getting a professional spray tan. I think I'll try out the gradual tanner for in between sprays.

Overall: If you've never used a self tanner but want a quick glow for a night/weekend out, this is for you. The price will be totally worth it, but if you're really worried about it, I'd suggest buying it from a store with a good return policy, like Sephora.

on 2/17/2012 3:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was kind of new to using self tan so I thought I'd buy a expensive one
due to not wanting to be a wotsit I used it on my face and body,
its not that orange-y but it does has a kind of tint or orange if you put it on
your face so I wouldn't recommend using loads on your face!
the smell is kind of off-putting as well I must admit, but the tan is really nice
overral on your body!

on 1/21/2006 8:49:00 PM

this spray design ought to be either dropped, or radically overhauled. As the previous reviewer observed, this work ok until it clogs with 'more than half the product left'. Even before it clogged, it wasn't perfect as it isn't a very fine mist (try 'spraytan' for a lovely fine mist...but again this one can also tend to clog before it's empty). Anyway don't think you can rub down a bad spray session- more often than not, this just wipes away your efforts. You'll end up having to spray tons and then attempt to smudge into some kind of unity. I can say that St Tropez are the masters of self tan, so this is luckily idiot proof: beautiful even brown result next day when you wash it off. My complaint is that it's extremely messy, rubbish pump, unsatisfactory mist effect. Don't buy this, buy the faultless St Tropez mousse. That gives same result but is way easier to apply, and dries even quicker! I actually threw away my spray, with a third still in the bottle. If the bottle hadn't got so mucky, I could have sold it on Ebay!!! If i'm going to spend 30, i don't want to have to mix it with a cream, put it in a bowl, etc. I want it to be a finished product!! Please AVOID!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very natural, not-so-tanned colour. But - the packaging is all leaky and simply TERRIBLE! Plus, the spray seems to get into every little pore and accentuate them, making it seem like you've got blackheads all over...Not so good. Expensive too. I'll stick to the lotion.

on 5/8/2004 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the lotion, but wanted to try the mist. I love them both for different reasons. The color guide on the mist is wearable, not at all dark and thick like the lotion. The mist dries extremely fast and is not sticky. It has a more pleasant smell than the lotion. The bottle is tall, and seems to last a long time for me. The tan itself is always very even and pretty, *fairly* long-lasting (not quite as long as the lotion) and realistic. One layer on me cuts the glare and looks attractive - like you got a little sun, but it takes three or four layers to get me as dark as I like to look in the summer. But, application is very fast and easy. I use latex gloves when I apply. Usually, I apply it to my face with a sponge. I always wash my face after a few hours, because the color guide breaks me out a little if I don't. For hands and feet, I rub some regular lotion in first, or use a lotion type self tanner there. The other difference I notice with the lotion and mist is, the mist's end color is slightly more golden. It still looks very natural on me, as described above, but there is a difference in the colors between the two. The lotion also gets me darker with less applications. On the downside of using the mist, you will need to hold your breath sometimes while applying, to minimize breathing the mist. The mist residue will settle on things where you are spraying, so either put something on the floor, stand in your tub, or be sure to wipe things off when you are done. It's great for travel too.

on 7/6/2003 2:11:00 PM

The very best stuff out there! I wished I had tried it earlier! I always ended up streaky with cream self tanners and the whole procedure used to be a hassle, no matter what brand I used. To sum it up this is 1)fast 2)even 3) natural 4) long-lasting

This stuff can be applied easily in no time and it goes on absolutely evenly and looks very natural. At first exfoliate your skin and make sure to moisturize any dry areas really well (ellbows, knees...). Spray on and immediately massage in - it dries up within 2-3 minutes without any sticky residue. I found that I have to be careful when doing my legs- sit down and put them up, because when you're spraying while standing more mist will reach your feet and they may look too dark then.

This holds up really well, too. I go riding everyday, so I sweat in tight pants a lot. No colour transfers to my clothes and after a week the tan has faded a bit but is still visible and even. WOW! A perfect product, the only negative thing about it is the hefty price-tag. Yet I think it's worth every cent! continued >>

on 6/6/2003 10:02:00 PM

I have used the St. Tropez lotion for a few years now and love it. Then I found the Mist! Oh my God! This is the best, IMO. The color is the same as if you used the lotion (very real, even on my ghostly, Irish skin...), but the application is ten times easier. Put a towel on the floor or do it in the shower, because the mist can get everywhere, but you can apply to you whole body in 2 minutes flat. For me, this is the best. I always liked using self tanner, but hated applying it, so this rocks my world. Its easier to get an even application on your back, too, without any help! yea!!

on 4/18/2003 1:42:00 PM

The Mist is almost the same as the Mousse, its a little easier to use because you donthave to use your hands but I'm a clutz so I usually end of spraying my bathroom floor too!! Oh well, its great to use in the morning on my legs because its so fast and you don't have to do much touching. I like it, but still prefer the mousse due to the mess factor