St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

No Image

3.8

on 8/12/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised the reviews are so low for this. I have used most self-tanners, all HE. This is by far my favorite, as it gives an incredibly natural color. I apply it at night and even like the color guide so much that I don't always wash it off in the am. Only HUGE downside is that BF cannot stand the smell, hence one lippie off. *sniff*

EDIT: I emailed the company asking for a list of ingredients, which they sent me. However, they failed to include all of the gross parabens that are listed on the bottle. Whaaaat? They just left those out? Horrible. I would've possibly sacrificed this if it was a lotion (which I don't think goes on as well), but spraying parabens on my face? No thanks.

on 4/18/2006 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used St Tropez for years and have tried all of the products (most of which are good). However after recently using the spray mist i developed an allergic reaction around my neck and shoulder area (itchy, sore skin) a bit like eczema. I also think that the tan remover product is a total waste of money as it only removes tan for up to 4hrs AFTER application but the tan itself takes up to 8hrs to develop, my point being that you wouldnt know if any tan needed removing(e.g. streaks, knee area, feet etc) until the tan had fully developed. I think the manufactures need to go back to the drawing board on this one and develop a remover that works whenever it is required.

on 6/28/2005 3:23:00 PM

I used a tanning mitt to apply the shimmering mist, and I got a fright at how dark it was. It went on really unevenly no matter how much I tried to blend. I thought I would be able to go out with an instant tan, but every time I touched it or rubbed anything against it there were smudge marks. I couldn't even put my shoes on without it coming off! After it had developed I washed off the bronzy shimmery stuff and was left with a very pale tan- not worth the effort at all! I'm glad I got it on ebay and didn't pay full price. Don't waste your money, I think out of all the St Tropez products this is the worst. The best one for colour is still their original lotion, but I don't like how sticky it feels, and I don't like the sludgy colour guide either. Sigh, will I ever find a non sticky fake tan with a good deep colour? I've been using fake tan for 12 years and still not found The One.

on 1/24/2016 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This used to be such a great self tanner and I don't know what happened to it. When I recently bought it again the color guide was awfully green. I thought maybe I got a dud so I ordered another one straight off their website. Same thing. It goes on very green and looks horrible. I have used and loved this for years and it used to be a beautiful golden brown color. This is just awful. Will never order this again.
I noticed that is has been half price on their website for a while now. Maybe they are phasing out the product or selling off their old stock. In any case, BEWARE as this is sadly not what it used to be.

on 6/13/2013 1:31:00 AM

Okay, so I bought this product thinking it would be good as it is highly rated and expensive so I assumed that I would get what I paid for. This was not the case, the bottle is horrible, the nozzle on the bottle got clogged after about two uses and then every time I sprayed it it would either just spray little dots of tan and left all these horrible freckle looking dots on me or it would all come out at once and leave big patches of tan on my skin. The tan was so uneven, I used the St Tropez tanning mit and everything followed all of the directions and still did not even. I have had better results from fake tans that cost $6. It was the darker tanning mist in the smaller spray bottle. I got about 5 full-body applications out of the bottle before it ran out which I believe isn't much for what I paid for it. The tan was an okay colour, a brownish colour with a slight green tinge to it. It is so messy to apply. I had to put a towel on the floor and spray it on my body and it still ended up on the bottoms off my feet and all over my floor around the towel. The tan also stuck to all of my pores and faded away horribly and made my skin look patchy. I wouldn't recommend buying this fake-tanner, I'd steer clear of the spray and maybe go for the mousse or the cream.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

If I can pick this up in TK Max for 12 a bottle I will use it. It's not as good as fake bake original, but is a bit kinder on my sheets.

on 1/21/2006 8:49:00 PM

this spray design ought to be either dropped, or radically overhauled. As the previous reviewer observed, this work ok until it clogs with 'more than half the product left'. Even before it clogged, it wasn't perfect as it isn't a very fine mist (try 'spraytan' for a lovely fine mist...but again this one can also tend to clog before it's empty). Anyway don't think you can rub down a bad spray session- more often than not, this just wipes away your efforts. You'll end up having to spray tons and then attempt to smudge into some kind of unity. I can say that St Tropez are the masters of self tan, so this is luckily idiot proof: beautiful even brown result next day when you wash it off. My complaint is that it's extremely messy, rubbish pump, unsatisfactory mist effect. Don't buy this, buy the faultless St Tropez mousse. That gives same result but is way easier to apply, and dries even quicker! I actually threw away my spray, with a third still in the bottle. If the bottle hadn't got so mucky, I could have sold it on Ebay!!! If i'm going to spend 30, i don't want to have to mix it with a cream, put it in a bowl, etc. I want it to be a finished product!! Please AVOID!!!!

First of all, when they say "Shimmering Bronze", they mean "SHIMMERING BRONZE!" I looked like a statue of bronze, seriously. DH was frightened of me. I have never seen a darker color guide in a self-tanner and it was very metallic. It was a MESS to apply, too. All over my bahroom, since it's a spray. I was bleaching towels like crazy this morning. In the end, it came out pretty light. It wasn't very dark at all after I washed it off. I seriously thought I was going to have to call off work today since I was prepared to look like a freak, a la Ross on Friends. But it was pretty light, a little disappointingly light since I get darker results from the Whipped Bronze(Mousse).

Edited 6/28/05: Halfway through use, the spray mechanism on the bottle stopped functioning. I had to unscrew it and pour the solution out onto a sponge to apply. This resulted in a.) a mess and b.)half the product going down my sink. I will be sticking to my mousse going forward!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very natural, not-so-tanned colour. But - the packaging is all leaky and simply TERRIBLE! Plus, the spray seems to get into every little pore and accentuate them, making it seem like you've got blackheads all over...Not so good. Expensive too. I'll stick to the lotion.

on 9/1/2004 5:42:00 AM

The colour is great and looks very natural on my pale skin. However, I hate the packaging. The spray was leaky and since I had to rub it in after I had sprayed I didn't really see the advantage of spraying. In the end I poored some of teh lotion out into a bowl and just applied it with my hands.

It is quicker drying than the lotion.