St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

No Image

3.8

on 10/20/2002 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is THE BEST S.Tropez product I ve tried! It also is THE BEST selftanner there is out there!! The colour is sooooo natural!!! Everyone asked me where I have been holidaying and when I had time to w/o them noticing! This says a lot about a product!!! It is like it s name a mist that u spray onto a clean, scrubbed body. Moisturise ur dry parts like elbows and ankles and then spray it on and smooth it in with the provided gloves included with the Mist. This way ur hands dont get dirty! Very practical! It is lighter than the original lotion in consistency and doesnt feel so heavy and sticky on the body! It really soaks into the skin in just a few minutes (3 by me!) and u can put ur clothes back on and it does NOT stain the clothes! At least it didnt with me! Also a plus point the bedsheets didnt get dirty! I left it on over night and in the morning after the shower I had a nice tan!! And it was one of those WOW tans!! I repeated the same the following day and it really deepened my tan! I would really recommend using the St.Tropez moisturiser with it as it does really prolong the tan, it has some active tanning ingridients in it! Now I spray it on 1-2 a week and I m constantly tanned. It takes really just a few minutes rather than baking hours in the sun to get the same effect and its harmless!! I will NEVER EVER buy a different selftan!!! I have never seen a more natural, NOT YELLOW OR ORANGE colour! Definitely recommend to u guys!! Its worth the money and the hype!!!

on 4/18/2003 1:42:00 PM

The Mist is almost the same as the Mousse, its a little easier to use because you donthave to use your hands but I'm a clutz so I usually end of spraying my bathroom floor too!! Oh well, its great to use in the morning on my legs because its so fast and you don't have to do much touching. I like it, but still prefer the mousse due to the mess factor

on 6/3/2003 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had problems in the beginning when I was using the whipped mousse, the color was fantastic, but it did not look "real" on my very pale pale skin. **ANSWER** Using a self tanning glove (I bought mine at WalMart for $3.00) and rubbing the whipped mousse or bronzing mist onto my skin, gave me the PERFECT REALISTIC tan... makes a HUGE difference using a self tanner glove...try it!! ^^

on 6/6/2003 10:02:00 PM

I have used the St. Tropez lotion for a few years now and love it. Then I found the Mist! Oh my God! This is the best, IMO. The color is the same as if you used the lotion (very real, even on my ghostly, Irish skin...), but the application is ten times easier. Put a towel on the floor or do it in the shower, because the mist can get everywhere, but you can apply to you whole body in 2 minutes flat. For me, this is the best. I always liked using self tanner, but hated applying it, so this rocks my world. Its easier to get an even application on your back, too, without any help! yea!!

on 7/6/2003 2:11:00 PM

The very best stuff out there! I wished I had tried it earlier! I always ended up streaky with cream self tanners and the whole procedure used to be a hassle, no matter what brand I used. To sum it up this is 1)fast 2)even 3) natural 4) long-lasting

This stuff can be applied easily in no time and it goes on absolutely evenly and looks very natural. At first exfoliate your skin and make sure to moisturize any dry areas really well (ellbows, knees...). Spray on and immediately massage in - it dries up within 2-3 minutes without any sticky residue. I found that I have to be careful when doing my legs- sit down and put them up, because when you're spraying while standing more mist will reach your feet and they may look too dark then.

This holds up really well, too. I go riding everyday, so I sweat in tight pants a lot. No colour transfers to my clothes and after a week the tan has faded a bit but is still visible and even. WOW! A perfect product, the only negative thing about it is the hefty price-tag. Yet I think it's worth every cent! continued >>

on 7/28/2003 5:04:00 AM

The St. Tropez Self Tanning Lotion is my Holy Grail but I bought this just to try it, and I like it a lot. It is NOT as dark as the lotion at all imho...it doesn't get my mmm skin quite as dark but it would work wonderfully for fairer skins. The color guide isn't quite as dramatic either, so it's easier for klutzes like me to miss little spots. It's still excellent and one of the best self tanners that I've ever tried, and I've tried many.
The scent is stronger than the lotion but not as offensive as other tanning products. You spritz it on, then rub it in. It doesn't really matter how evenly you applied it, as long as you haven't missed any spots it will not streak at all. This dries quickly and doesn't get all over things like the lotion does. The bottle is great, you can spray upside down which is really convenient. Not for the face, since the spray can't really be 'controlled' but excellent for the body. I'd buy it again, but I still prefer my lotion. continued >>

on 8/4/2003 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this after reading the MUAers recommendations, as I've always been apprehensive of fake tan. I must say I'm impressed! It dries instantly - that's why you must make sure you wear the latex gloves - and the colour is very natural. I do have a couple of white spots but that's due to my inexperience I'm sure. If I buy one again, it'll be this one. One point on the packaging: it can leak around the pump so be careful.

on 3/2/2004 1:32:00 PM

I know everybodys raving on about the mist...but i disagree,it leaks and left me with white spots even though i used the mitt!! too much hard work...back to finding another fake tan!!

on 5/8/2004 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the lotion, but wanted to try the mist. I love them both for different reasons. The color guide on the mist is wearable, not at all dark and thick like the lotion. The mist dries extremely fast and is not sticky. It has a more pleasant smell than the lotion. The bottle is tall, and seems to last a long time for me. The tan itself is always very even and pretty, *fairly* long-lasting (not quite as long as the lotion) and realistic. One layer on me cuts the glare and looks attractive - like you got a little sun, but it takes three or four layers to get me as dark as I like to look in the summer. But, application is very fast and easy. I use latex gloves when I apply. Usually, I apply it to my face with a sponge. I always wash my face after a few hours, because the color guide breaks me out a little if I don't. For hands and feet, I rub some regular lotion in first, or use a lotion type self tanner there. The other difference I notice with the lotion and mist is, the mist's end color is slightly more golden. It still looks very natural on me, as described above, but there is a difference in the colors between the two. The lotion also gets me darker with less applications. On the downside of using the mist, you will need to hold your breath sometimes while applying, to minimize breathing the mist. The mist residue will settle on things where you are spraying, so either put something on the floor, stand in your tub, or be sure to wipe things off when you are done. It's great for travel too.

on 6/14/2004 10:24:00 AM

Facing another summer with whiter-than-white skin I decided to give this a try. It's not cheap (£30 GBP) but it really is the best I've tried; a quick and easy way to a safe tan. Having tried it out on my legs first I've quickly progressed to an expert all-over application and the results are great.

To get the best application I really think you have give your skin a few days of preparation in terms of depilating (you might want to brave waxing to avoid shaving off your tan a few days later), exfoliating and moisturising. It will go on fine even without it but the results are better if you get your skin up to scratch first.

I use a heavy-duty body lotion on dry areas and spray it on in the shower cubicle as otherwise you might find that you're redecorating the bathroom in a tasteful shade of brown! Rather than buy the latex gloves St Tropez try to sell you I just picked up some cheap ones from the first aid kit section of Boots. Much cheaper and just as effective in preventing those tell-tale orange-palms.

The first coat takes the edge off but you can build it up to a natural tan in a few applications. The bottle sprays upside-down and I recruit my boyfriend to rub it into the places I can't reach. The mist dries quickly so I spray one section at a time and use both hands to blend it in. The colour guide isn't very obvious which is good in that you can go out having applied it but not so good in that it can be a bit tricky to see where you've sprayed already. I apply it to my face by putting a bit of moisturiser in my palm and then spraying the mist on to it. This gives a bit more 'slip' which makes it easier to apply to the face. (I have persistent but currently mild acne and haven't had any adverse reactions.) Everything is dry in about 10 minutes and you can get dressed and get on with things.

I will be buying this again, but probably not for some time as the bottle is taking ages to go down. The initial expense will definitely be worth it in the long-run.

Update: I've decided not to re-puchase this after all. The spray is just too messy and whilst the first upside-down squirt works fine, it then jams. Not what you want when trying to apply in an even layer! I'd rather not use aerosols, but for a liquid product like this, it might be the best idea.