St.Tropez Bronzing Mist

No Image

3.5

on 8/12/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised the reviews are so low for this. I have used most self-tanners, all HE. This is by far my favorite, as it gives an incredibly natural color. I apply it at night and even like the color guide so much that I don't always wash it off in the am. Only HUGE downside is that BF cannot stand the smell, hence one lippie off. *sniff*

EDIT: I emailed the company asking for a list of ingredients, which they sent me. However, they failed to include all of the gross parabens that are listed on the bottle. Whaaaat? They just left those out? Horrible. I would've possibly sacrificed this if it was a lotion (which I don't think goes on as well), but spraying parabens on my face? No thanks.

on 8/22/2006 2:41:00 PM

I really like the St Tropez self tanners and use the original lotion and mousse regularly. I don't think the bronzing mist is that good for use all over the body as it's very messy and the spray will spray your walls! I do however think it's great to cover the chest area, which I find on my pale skin takes quite a few applications to get a good result. It's also great to apply to the backs of your hands. You just spray and then wipe the backs of your hands together. Overall I think this is a great supplementary tanning product which I use with the other St Tropez tanners to great effect.

First of all, when they say "Shimmering Bronze", they mean "SHIMMERING BRONZE!" I looked like a statue of bronze, seriously. DH was frightened of me. I have never seen a darker color guide in a self-tanner and it was very metallic. It was a MESS to apply, too. All over my bahroom, since it's a spray. I was bleaching towels like crazy this morning. In the end, it came out pretty light. It wasn't very dark at all after I washed it off. I seriously thought I was going to have to call off work today since I was prepared to look like a freak, a la Ross on Friends. But it was pretty light, a little disappointingly light since I get darker results from the Whipped Bronze(Mousse).

Edited 6/28/05: Halfway through use, the spray mechanism on the bottle stopped functioning. I had to unscrew it and pour the solution out onto a sponge to apply. This resulted in a.) a mess and b.)half the product going down my sink. I will be sticking to my mousse going forward!

on 5/8/2004 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love the lotion, but wanted to try the mist. I love them both for different reasons. The color guide on the mist is wearable, not at all dark and thick like the lotion. The mist dries extremely fast and is not sticky. It has a more pleasant smell than the lotion. The bottle is tall, and seems to last a long time for me. The tan itself is always very even and pretty, *fairly* long-lasting (not quite as long as the lotion) and realistic. One layer on me cuts the glare and looks attractive - like you got a little sun, but it takes three or four layers to get me as dark as I like to look in the summer. But, application is very fast and easy. I use latex gloves when I apply. Usually, I apply it to my face with a sponge. I always wash my face after a few hours, because the color guide breaks me out a little if I don't. For hands and feet, I rub some regular lotion in first, or use a lotion type self tanner there. The other difference I notice with the lotion and mist is, the mist's end color is slightly more golden. It still looks very natural on me, as described above, but there is a difference in the colors between the two. The lotion also gets me darker with less applications. On the downside of using the mist, you will need to hold your breath sometimes while applying, to minimize breathing the mist. The mist residue will settle on things where you are spraying, so either put something on the floor, stand in your tub, or be sure to wipe things off when you are done. It's great for travel too.

on 3/2/2004 1:32:00 PM

I know everybodys raving on about the mist...but i disagree,it leaks and left me with white spots even though i used the mitt!! too much hard work...back to finding another fake tan!!

on 6/6/2003 10:02:00 PM

I have used the St. Tropez lotion for a few years now and love it. Then I found the Mist! Oh my God! This is the best, IMO. The color is the same as if you used the lotion (very real, even on my ghostly, Irish skin...), but the application is ten times easier. Put a towel on the floor or do it in the shower, because the mist can get everywhere, but you can apply to you whole body in 2 minutes flat. For me, this is the best. I always liked using self tanner, but hated applying it, so this rocks my world. Its easier to get an even application on your back, too, without any help! yea!!