Pssssst! Instant Dry Shampoo

Pssssst! Instant Dry Shampoo

3.7

Butane, Propane, SD Alcohol 40-B, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isobutane, Cyclomethicone, Fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is about the tenth drugstore dry shampoo I've tried...and none of them are good. They either smell strong and obnoxious (Batiste) or like this one, they simply don't work. I sprayed this all over and afterwards, my hair felt maybe 5% cleaner than if I did nothing at all. So...basically worthless. Wish I could find a cheap substitute for Living Proof, but doesn't seem to exist.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Let me preface this by saying I have hair that is prone to becoming VERY oily if I don't wash it everyday. That being said, this product did absolutely nothing to help diminish the oiliness in my hair between washes.

My go-to dry shampoo is Batiste (and I've tried several, both high-end and drugstore brands). However, my local drugstore didn't have it in stock so I decided to give this a try because it was on sale and I'd heard a few good things about it. It is slightly cheaper than Batiste, which was another plus. However, this was useless for my hair. It didn't absorb any oil and didn't add any volume--it only made the texture of my hair feel (for lack of a better word) icky.

The one positive I can think of is this product does not leave any powdery residue like Batiste and many others do, the scent isn't overwhelming at all, and it is budget-friendly. For folks out there who don't have an issue with excessively oily hair, this product might work better than it did for me.

To Read all 40 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/11/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I normally use big sexy hair or kms dry shampoo but if I'm out and need something quick without having to go to a pro store I use this. I have dark brown hair and it leaves no residue and brushes out easily. This is the only drugstore hair product I will use. I can go 3 or 4 days between washes with it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is better than all the dry shampoos except batiste. I've tried suave and dove, and just won't try anymore of the common drugstore dry shampoos because they are so drying.

I have brunette hair, and this blended well. It gave volume. It did not dry out my hair.The oil absorbing capabilities are a bit weak, and a lot of the product has to be used. Batiste is better.

on 6/30/2015 10:41:00 PM

OIly hair

This is my second favorite!
NOT THE FIRST!
Doesn't last as long

Does its job... other ones are better

This product didn't really do much for me. I have fine thin hair that tends to get oily and this product doesn't absorb much if any of the oil at all. The only good thing about this product was the scent. Other than that, I wouldn't buy again.

on 5/17/2015 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This Dry Shampoo worked, and the white residue would comb out no problem. It never made my hair feel sticky or anything like that, HOWEVER:

It was gone 3x as fast as any other Dry Shampoo I've ever used. I use Dry Shampoo on a fairly regular basis, and I've never run out this quickly. Either this dispenses a lot of product, or requires a lot to actually work.

That's why I won't repurchase. Other brands use less product to get the same result.

on 5/13/2015 10:35:00 AM

By far the BEST dry shampoo I've tried! To give you an idea, I have tried Rene Furterer, Oscar Blandi (both spray and powder), Dove, Tresemme, Herbal Essences, Batiste, and a few that I can't recall. The price alone is a plus - but this actually, ACTUALLY cleans my hair and leaves me feeling fresh! I've only seen it sold at my local Duane Reade, and I've already gone through several bottles of it that I keep at work for a mid-day pick-up. I guess the only con is that I go through it quickly, but because it is so moderately priced, I really don't mind having to keep buying it!

My least favorite of all the dry shampoos I've tried. The packaging broke half way thru the bottle too :(

on 4/11/2015 8:38:00 PM

I don't use this too often but when I do I'm happy with the results.
My scalp is pretty dry as it is so I don't really need any oil control but I use this when I need to get a bit of volume.
Pretty decent smell too.
And the price is pretty great.

Video Reviews & Tutorials