Revlon PhotoReady Primer, Shadow and Sparkle

3.1

on 5/26/2016 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I have this in 501 Metropolitan. Unfortunately, this product didn't really work for me- it applies prettily at first, but give it a few hours and the colour turns muddy. The gold glitter in 501 also looks artificial.The entire 501 palette is shimmery.

For the price I paid (approx $24.50SGD), this was not a good buy. Would not repurchase...

on 4/21/2016 3:59:00 AM

Good Product

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/21/2016 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Not a fan of Revlon's animal testing.
Watercolors (2 pinks, 2 purples & a blue/grey) looks ok - light & soft & bright - right after applying, but hours later it turns kind of muddy and blasé. I'm on a purple/periwinkle kick lately and was looking for something similar to Lancome's new Bleu Ciel Parisien eyeshadow, which is gorgeous and ethereal, but $50 US is a bit much for eyeshadow in my opinion.

Watercolors creases after about 8 hours, and definitely has shimmer - one of the pinks has glitter. It's meant to be a final wash over the rest...the finishing touch. Crazy glitter! The primer is a shimmery pale pink powder, and seems like a gimmick...not sure how it's a primer. It just seems like a powder shadow. Packaging is a bit hard to open. The blue shade is a very grey blue and just not the ethereal look I was hoping for. If you like lots of shimmer or pink glitter, then this may be for you!

on 2/18/2016 7:14:00 AM

I have this in 505 Impressionist. I love it.

I use the two faced primer and haven't even thought to use the designated primer as a 'primer'.

I love it. Absolutely love it. Impressionist is some very pretty neutral browns, perfect for work and job interviews.

For me the colour payoff is good over the two faced primer and they were long wearing. Long hot humid work day and these held up well.

I've also used the Maybelline Color Tattoos as a base to give dimension, longevity and just so I can use up my color tattoos. Over Bold Gold you get this pretty gold dimension to the light brown lid color that I just love.

Yes, its not the most interesting or high variety palette, but for everyday go to work look, its perfect.

on 8/1/2015 7:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I loved these at first because they are so beautiful in the palettes, and so much fun to put on, until I saw photos of myself wearing them and realized how garish the shades were. The shimmery highlighting shades are nice but they wear off and become almost invisible. It's just not a good consistency and does not last. Most of the darker and brighter shades like the blues, turquoises, greys and purples are just unwearable. There is too much shimmer and tons of fallout.

After using them just a few times I became allergic to this line of shadows so it was really a shame that I bought more than one.

on 7/5/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i have this in 'impressionist'. it's a neutral brown set of eyeshadows with a satin finish, a 'primer' shadow which i use usually as a lid or highlight shade, and a glitter shadow.

i recommend if you are going to try this set, don't bother with the glitter as the fallout is awful and imo it adds nothing to the look. otherwise, it's great for when i'm feeling lazy or tired in the morning. i don't use it that often, and wouldn't repurchase, but i do like it.

on 7/5/2015 12:18:00 AM

This is the best eye shadow product that I've ever purchase. It has all the colors I need in order to achieve my everyday look. I like how the colors are arranged in the order that they should be used because it makes my makeup routine so much earlier in the mornings when I'm not fully awake.

I have this eyeshadow in the Bohemian palette. It includes a teal blue for the eyelid, brown for the crease and a pinky mauve for the brow bone, with gold sparkles and a flesh colored "primer" powder. I thought the teal blue was so pretty and the packaging was attractive, so I purchased it. Also the price was a tad steep for drugstore eyeshadow so I figured it had to be pretty good quality.

I am pretty neutral about this product. It is definitely not a waste of money and the shadows are much better than other drugstore ones that I've tried. However, to get the most out of the colors you will definitely need to use a high quality eye primer underneath. The "primer" that is included is honestly quite useless. I just use it as a base color on my lid and brow bone.

With my Urban Decay Primer Potion underneath, the pigmentation of these colors is pretty nice. The stay on almost all night and the colors look very lovely together. However they do tend to fade a good bit overtime, so that's a bummer. Also, the gold sparkles are pretty but a total mess! You will end up looking like you have stripper glitter all over your face and chest in a matter of an hour or two. Skip the glitter and the shadows look great.

I would probably repurchase this palette just for the teal blue color alone! It is so gorgeous. However I was not blown away by these eyeshadows and for the price, I would prefer to just splurge on some Bare Minerals or Stila shadows that I know will look as good at 3am as they did when I first applied them.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have used a few of these eyeshadows and overall I am highly impressed. The only thing I dislike about these type of compacts is the colour blocks are too small and you often get overlap when you are trying to rub your makeup brush in a particular colour. That is why I prefer to buy my eyeshadow in single units. However, the colours always seem to be highly pigmented and very well matched. Until I came upon this range, I had always been disappointed with the quality of brown eyeshadows I had been using from other brands. I think the current pallete I am using is called "Impressionist" and the browns are fabulous. I also love that they add a primer (which I actually use as my base colour for the whole eye area) and also sparkle for that little bit of extra drama. You can pick these up on psecial occasionally, but they usually retail in Australia for about $25 which is OK.

on 5/21/2014 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

You'll need the primer to get the powder to go on with any degree of smoothness, but it's still a dry chalky shadow with really artificial looking glitter. Be careful on the primer though, chunks of it flaked off the brush and lodged in my eyelashes.