MAC Pressed Pigment in Blue Willow

No Image

1 review

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Pressed Pigments are permanent. They were recently released for the MAC Spring 2013 collection.
Blue Willow is a glittery icy mint. It's a very unique shade, which is why this was my first choice! I find that it looks great as a smokey eye with a dark shimmery gray (UD Gunmetal is perfecto) on the outer lid and outer lower lash line, darkened with a shimmery black (UD Oil Slick or MAC Black Tied), and of course some black eyeliner and mascara.
All the shades are gorgeous and very pigmented. However, if you aren't a fan of glitter, then these aren't for you, because they have loads of glitter! I love using these when I want a super fun, deliciously sparkly look--they're my go-to for a night out or special occasion.
There is glitter fall-out, but to minimize fall-out you MUST use some kind of base or primer--UDPP works alright, but I recommend you use something that's more tacky, like the MAC Water-Based Mixing Medium or maybe even Paint Pots.
I also recommend you use a short, dense brush to apply it (like the MAC 215), but honestly I find that using my fingers is best. You get much less fall-out that way, since your fingers pick up more of the actual pigment than the glitter.
It costs $21 for 0.1 oz (3 g).
Would I repurchase? Yes.