Clinique Acne Solutions Antibacterial Soap

Clinique Acne Solutions Antibacterial Soap

3.6

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Got this to use on my back, shoulders and chest after fearing that my benzoyl peroxide bar wasn't getting washed off properly and might stain some of my clothes. The Neutrogena Acne Body wash with Salicylic Acid never worked, in fact it always made me more spotty and congested as if it never really cleaned anything. Seeing as this Clinique bar has the same active ingredient I was skeptical. It lathers well when swiped on a back brush and rinses off in such a way that leaves my skin soft but never feeling congested. I had my fiance take a picture of my back and to my surprise it was much less red, irritated and spotty. Initially the price for a bar of body soap is ridiculous but the fact that it comes with a soap dish and cap makes it worth it.

This soap was part of the 3 step acne solutions set. I used this system for 5 weeks and in my video I posted before and after pictures as well as 5 weeks worth of progress pictures. I hope you can check it out. I have combination skin (oily and normal) and have mild acne. I used the bar soap after removing my make up and it felt gentle on my skin without drying it out too much. It lathers up and I use the foam to clean my skin. It is unscented and I like this. It cost $15 and the active ingredient for this is salicylic acid.

on 9/17/2013 5:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this in the shower on my body in an effort to control blemishes over my back. As far as I could tell, this did nothing. It was like a regular soap. I did feel squeaky clean after it but it was not drying. I also like that it comes with a soap dish.

on 7/12/2014 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

This review maybe premature but I started using this product a week ago twice a day. I have had acne on my chest and back for as long as I remember. This bar soap lathers well and does overly dry out my skin. I just feel squeaky clean. I stopped using body wash and only use this soap for my neck, back, shoulders and chest. My skin is already clearing up. I haven't had any new breakouts in a week. I don't use this for my face though. I'm a bit afraid based on other reviews. So I stick to using the Clinique 3 step system that works just great for me. The bar is rather large too. I personally think for the amount of product you get and the positive results I'm getting so far, spending $15 is hardly a sacrifice. I use a generous amount on a loofa and haven't made a dent in the bar yet. So far so good. I'll edit my review in about a month.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Love. Lathers up great.

on 4/28/2014 8:48:00 PM

Do not get this product! I bought it a few days before Christmas (it is now april 28) because i wanted a good face soap. My acne wasn't bad but i didn't want it to get worse so i got this as well as the Clinique clinical dark spot corrector and their moisturizer. I used all these products as directed by the salesperson and my acne has never been this bad. im not sure which one of these items made it worse but im extremely disappointed with this. Especially with the amount of money i payed. The face and body bar wasn't bad, only 15 but the dark spot corrector was about 50 i believe and i don't remember te moisturizer. Just horrible.

on 3/11/2013 4:58:00 AM

Love this soap bar it has really helped keep my skin clear, I received a sample at sephora along with with the rest of acne clearing line and I am in love I saw the difference right away. I know soaps are a little drying on the skin so I started using it twice a day and now that my face has calmed down I only use it at night and its great plus for the price I can tell it will last a long time and it comes in a real nice dish to keep it clean and neat. It says you can use it on your body but for sanitary reasons I rather just keep it on my face haha.. love it!

on 1/6/2013 11:32:00 PM

This is the only facial soap i use! I love the entire clinique acne solutions line, cause it works! Plus the soap lasts forever.

on 7/31/2013 6:36:00 PM

It's 2013 and people are still using soap to clean their face? I'm still confused by this. I used this and noticed nothing special about this, moreover, it aggravated my skin which caused me to break out. Despite this, I persevered with this product but after using for a two weeks I had enough. I ended up using it on my back in the shower. It was incredibly drying and caused my skin to go flaky. It is such a strange concept to me, and super expensive too for something so basic I can't even describe it. The ubiquitous bar of soap in 2013, never thought I'd see the day.

on 3/21/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

One of my beloved products. I have tried so many soaps, gels and other products to clean my face - this one is the best combination between result and price. I really feel my extreemly oily skin CLEAN after using this soap. And much less redness in areas, where i have "black heads" . I also use cleaning brush from Shiseido at evening to clean face (guessvusing the brush on the morning too will be simply too much). So if i will compare this product with Sisley Foaming Cleanser, which ihave used over a year, withAcne Solutions Antibacterial Soap i have the same result, but at 3 to 4 times cheaper price.