Ren Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream

Ren Hydra-Calm Global Protection Day Cream

3.8

Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Myristyl Myristate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Triheptanoin, Oryzanol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Bisabolol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Pueraria Lobata (Kudzu) Symbiozome Extract, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora Linalloliferum (Ho Wood) Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Tocopherol.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The biggest MEH cream I've purchased in a long time.

Pros-
Texture is nice, absorbs nicely, gives some hydration.

Packaging is great, no risk of oxidizing/spoiling.

Doesn't offend, wears well with most other skin care.

Cons-
WHY oh WHY can't Ren make a lotion without their weird citronool(sp?)/linalool fragrance?? Just leave it out! It smells like floor cleaner.

It doesn't do anything other than hydrate like a meh moisturizer. Hydration lasts a few hours before it's gone (I'm dry, but not THAT dry). ZERO anti-aging, skin-improving properties.

This is one of those kind of useless moisturizers unless you're 24 with good skin. There's too much fragrance (organic or whatever) for me to use on irritated/extra dry days (and again it's not THAT hydrating). And it does almost nothing to remedy other skin concerns.

I slap this on when I'm having a serum-heavy day/night and don't want to overload my face. I also use it for hand cream in a pinch.

I won't rebuy. It's not special.

on 1/18/2017 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Bought in the in conjunction with two other REN products as a special offer. Really nice to use and makes my skin feel soft and protected from the wind. Skin feels "plumped" I have been using REN products for about 2 years now and find that they are great multi-taskers and just really nice to use.

on 12/11/2016 9:19:00 PM

At first, I loved this product. It made my skin very soft and hydrated. However, overtime I feel my skin was tired of it. It became to heavy, and the scent started to bother me. I would not recommend this to oily skin types because it is a heavier cream for sure. I also would not recommend this to sensitive skin types, because although the ingredients are soothing, the scent is so extremely strong!!!!!

Pro's
Hydration
Softness

Cons
SCENTT
price

on 12/11/2016 2:40:00 PM

Not irritating, and an ok moisturizer. But what on earth is up with the chalky white film?? Doesn't absorb well at all, and made my face look like crap all day. No thanks!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Scent: Herbal medley...not too bad, not too good either
Packaging: I do like the hygienic pump design.

A little too heavy for my combo skin. I would prefer something a bit more mattifying. This really is a thick cream, and it has a bit of a sheen finish. I can imagine it would be great on drier skin types.

on 6/3/2016 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

My skin is so red and so sensitive. Everything causes me to break out. I got a sample of this from the skin woman in Sephora and I love it. When the sample ran out and purchased ASAP. Within a week the redness in my face was so much better, my skin was more moisturized, and my drier areas were looking so much less flakey.

on 1/22/2015 11:24:00 AM

i just finished up a mini sample size of this and am a little bit sad to see it go. the mini lasted me a good number of uses (i'd say over 15 uses) as i found a little bit goes a long way. i'd take half a pea size amount on a fingertip, rub my fingers gently together to warm up the product then apply it to my whole face, focusing on my dry spots. it did well to moisturize my face, didn't feel too heavy or greasy, and did not make me breakout. i find that this works best in the drier fall/winter months and think it will be too heavy during the sweatier months of the year. it works well under my sunscreen, which is a bit drying and mattifying, to prevent dry scaly flakes from showing up. it is a pretty basic moisturizer that doesn't do anything special for the skin aside from moisturize. however, i would consider repurchasing this if i cannot find something that is comparable in the drugstore.

on 11/23/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Received a general sample that lasted over a week. I found it to be a bit too thick for my liking as I generally prefer moisturizers that sink in fast especially since it's very humid where I live. It left a white coating on my skin (like old school sunblock) until I rubbed it in. In terms of moisturizing it was just OK (my skin is normal to dry) and I wasn't too fond of the medicinal smell either. I can imagine this would probably work better for someone with dry and sensitive skin though, especially in the cooler months.

on 8/23/2014 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this cream and the entire REN Evercalm line. I first received a nice-sized sample of this, and upon first application, I knew this would be THE cream for me. I have normal/dry/combo skin depending on season, and I am prone to breakouts from sensitivity. This immediately felt soothing and calming. It is rich, yet not too heavy to wear under makeup. I use this day and night, and my skin has stopped breaking out completely. Redness has reduced to the point where I'm comfortable leaving the house with a bare face. I could not be happier with this product! I use it in conjunction with the Evercalm Gel Cleanser or the Evercalm Cream Cleanser. I do not have to use any other skincare at all, and my face looks the best that it has ever looked. My face is smooth, soft, and my clogged pores and uneven texture have all disappeared. I prefer a cream with no sun protection, as it irritates my complexion. I beleive this is the reason this cream does not include sun protection, as it is feared towards sensitive skin that is easily irritated by chemical sunscreens.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is probably a really good product, as I love the whole REN line, but its not suitable for my skin. I have had the same problem with other moisturisers before, that they wont soak into the skin properly and leave an oily film on top of the skin. No matter how much I exfoliate first by the way. My skin is dry, acne prone and sensitive. For people with the same problem, I would reccomend to try a lighter moisturiser, like the one from RENs combination skin line or acne prone line, those will soak into skin like mine much more easily, and actually do some good. This is also the opposite of what my dermatologist told me. She said that my dry skin need a "white" moisuriser and not the gel based ones, but that is not the case. Also, After years and years believing that my skin couldnt be exfoliated because its so sensitive..wrong wrong wrong! There are good exfoliators for sensitive skin, and for the skin to take in any moisture at all, it needs to be properly clean and not have all the dead skin on top of it.