Topix Replenix Sheer Physical SUNSCREEN CREAM SPF 50

Topix Replenix Sheer Physical SUNSCREEN CREAM   SPF 50

3.1

Active ingredient: Zinc Oxide 13.75%. Inactive ingredients: Acrylates Crosspolymer-4, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Biotin, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Polyphenols, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, CetylPEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dicetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Emblica Officinalis Fruit Extract, Glyceryl Isostearate, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Phospholipids, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Potassium Hydroxide, Purified Water, Retinyl Palmitate, Resveratrol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q-10), Xanthan Gum.

on 9/11/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best mineral sunscreen ever. I have spent £100's trying to find a non irritating sunscreen with only Zinc Oxide, and this is by far the best. Does not leave the same nasty white cast of other sunscreens so phenomenal from a protection and coverage perspective. Just used it all day in the Canary Islands where it was 36 degrees and my skin looks great. I also have mild Rosacea and this product protected me from the sun and didn't cause breakouts. It is as close to perfect as you'll find for an all mineral sunscreen

on 7/23/2017 7:47:00 PM

This is such a great sunscreen for my combo oily skin I'm shocked at the poor reviews! It feels like a light cream gel, doesn't break me out or irritate my eyes (even some physical sunscreens do this!), blends in completely with no white cast, and has Vitamin c and green tea.

It's not very drying or moisturizing, but my skin breaks out in the summer so I don't need that.
The only drawback: it's expensive.

on 8/20/2016 7:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Slight white case as expected, leaves perfectly matte finish. Very, very drying. Unusable in the winter and tolerable for short periods in summer, and I do have slightly oily skin. Most of my BB creams I put over white sunscreens are mattifying, so I would have to find new makeup to use over this. I should have returned it.

on 4/27/2015 5:30:00 PM

I used Topix Glycolix Elite Sunscreen (SPF30) for years and years and had wonderful luck with it. My only complaint was/is the white cast. I went hunting for an all-physical sunscreen that did not give a white cast and tried quite a few without finding one that was just right. I actually bought this product last summer, when I saw that Topix had a tinted all-physical sunscreen and that it even had a higher SPF. I found it absolutely impossible to remove with my gentle Neocutis cleanser. Thought I'd give it a try this year and attempted to remove it with avocado oil followed by the cleanser. Still did not even come close to removing it. Since I was desperate to get it off my face, I picked up my bar of Dove hand soap and washed with that, followed by a second go-over with the Neocutis. Worked perfectly. I was worried about using the Dove on a regular basis but, after approximately 10 days of the new routine, I think I can safely say that I am loving this! I use pure seabuckthorn oil as my daytime moisturizer and top it with this. I then use the Tarte Amazonian BB cream for some added color. This sunscreen seems to function as a primer as well -- fills in pores, corrects some redness around my nose and generally gives me more of an air-brushed look. I find it a TINY bit drying but have increased the amount of seabuckthorn oil from 4 to 5 drops to help counteract that. I highly recommend this product!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been using it a week. It's not sheer at all. Even thought its not breaking me out, but it made my skin suffocating.. And those sticky feeling cannot be fixed by apply powder on top.

on 1/6/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I tried a sample of this yesterday, and this morning I have two big, almost cystic pimples on my forehead. I have sensitive, acne prone skin, but I NEVER get zits on my forehead.

I have the Replenix Sheer Physical Sunscreen Spray SPF 50 and for some reason that doesn't break me out, though it is very drying.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For dry skin, this "cream" just isn't moisturizing enough. The cones dry to a matte finish and leave me feeling dry all day; and a matte finish isn't the most flattering for an almost 50-year-old. This ss must be removed with MU remover or oil. I should add that I tried this for just a few days, and it did not break me out, but I was careful to remove it with OC method. Also, I tried applying over shea butter to get rid of the dry feeling, but it just sat there or got on my clothes if they touched my face; the cones need dry skin to adhere or perhaps be set with powder, though I didn't try that. I wasn't out in the sun, so I can't speak to effectiveness. Still looking for HGSS...

on 7/29/2013 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have only been using this product for about two weeks now, and so far have not had any adverse reactions, but I will update this review if my opinion changes.

For reference, I have normal to slightly dry skin.

This sunscreen comes in a simple squeeze tube that is hygienic and makes it easy to control the amount of product you want.

Texture-wise, this is nice light-weight, thin cream. It looks creamier than it feels when you apply it. There's also no scent to this, which is great for those who are sensitive to fragrance.

Applying this is the part where things got a little tricky for me. When I first tried this, I did get some product balling up which really disappointed me as I thought this was definitely going to be my HG sunscreen for the summer. Later, I realized that it was the serums (Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra Light Antioxidant Serum and Skin Brightening Treatment) I was using underneath that were balling up and NOT this product. I suppose those serums didn't provide enough "slip" for this sunscreen to go over, because when I tried applying another more emollient sunscreen on top of the serums before using the Replenix, I was able to get it to apply smoothly and evenly without anything balling up at all. Otherwise, this product spreads and is rubs in easily. I now use this sunscreen with the more emollient sunscreen underneath, both for added moisture and to make the application of the Replenix sunscreen easier.

Initially after application, it feels a little moist/tacky to the touch. This sensation dissipates almost immediately though, and this is the fastest drying sunscreen that I have used to date. When I used this alone, it quickly set to a satin-matte finish that did not feel drying at all. I wouldn't really consider this a "hydrating" product for my normal-slightly dry skin, although for oily-skinned guys and gals this may definitely provide enough moisture. When paired with something more emollient underneath, as expected, this did not dry down nearly as quickly, or as much, and provided a more satin-y look. With something more moisturizing underneath, this did remain a more "tacky" than on its own, which I'm okay with, since it provided a better base for makeup application than when used alone.

In terms of applying base makeup on top, I found that the Replenix used alone "grabbed" whatever base makeup I was using a little too strongly - my foundation seemed a bit harder to blend on top of it. Again, this became a non-issue for me once I used a more moisturizing product underneath.

One of the BEST features of this sunscreen to me is it's high SPF protection with ZERO white cast! It has even less of a white cast than my chemical SPFs, which supposedly don't even leave a white cast at all. Plus, as this is a pure mineral sunscreen, there is no burning around the sensitive areas of the eyes/mouth/nose.

To me, the price is a tad on the high side at $29/2 oz. for a product that needs to be applied liberally. However, I buy this on sale at places like Skinstore/Dermstore when they have 20% off, plus shop through sites such as Ebates to get the best bang for my bucks. When all the discounts are added up, I end up paying around $20, which I think is a steal for a product as great as this.

Although this product comes with a few (minor) caveats, I definitely think it's worth a try to see if it works for your skin. The high SPF without any white cast and the light, satin-matte texture stand out in a world of sunscreens that are too greasy, whitening, or don't provide enough protection. Definitely a winner for me and a product that I will repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Oily, acne prone skin. Still in my search for my HG ss. At first this was decent. Nice finish, no white cast, did seem a little mask like, but I dealt with it. Then about a week in I started to breakout like crazy.!! Beware if your acne prone and sensitive to cones. I will be returning this

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a great sunblock, for those that want a sheer, matte product. But, on the downside, it has no white color to lighten, whiten & brighten skin.

It is fragrance free, non irritating & 'chemical free' (zinc oxide is still a chemical contrary to what some may think). It is not overly thick & it is not greasy. Because it contains a high amount of zinc oxide, it is both soothing & anti-bacterial (which helps if you are acne prone). It does not pill up or flake off once applied. It is oil free, non-acnegenic, non-comdeogenic & has never caused me to breakout. It provides complete UVB/UVA protection, and has a high SPF.

I won't be buying it again though, because it is both 1) matte & 2) sheer & not white. I like a glow - not a dry, matte look. Also, I prefer my porcelain skin to be it's lightest, brightest & whitest possible - so I love the white tint that other zinc oxide sunblocks provide, what this sunblock is definitely missing.