LUSH Fair Trade Honey Shampoo

LUSH Fair Trade Honey Shampoo

3.6

Sunflower Lecithin (Lecithin) , Fairly Traded Honey , Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocamide DEA , Lauryl Betaine , Geranium Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) , Beeswax Absolute , Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , *Citral , *Geraniol , Citronellol , *Limonene , *Linalool , *Benzyl Salicylate , *Eugenol , Benzyl Benzoate , *Farnesol , Hydroxycitronellol ,

on 3/28/2017 3:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My label says "Fairly Traded Honey" but I'm sure it's the same thing. So I HATE the scent of this, I am thinking I just hate natural honey scent since this is one of a few products I have hated the scent of that is honey based. The shampoo itself is okay, it's very thick so I make sure my hair is very thoroughly wet before applying this and I rinse it well after use. When I use this with body shop banana conditioner or Briogeo repairing mask my hair is left incredibly soft and shiny. It doesn't work with all my conditioners and I have not tried it with any lush conditioners. Not sure I would repurchase put as a yes because I love the way it works with Banana Conditioner and Briogeo.

I am a total lushie and this was recommended by a sales associate for frizzy hair. Not sure why I decided to give the sample a try as I am in love with my Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo but I digress. I have extremely thick, long, coarse hair (think Shetland pony) and this shampoo WRECKED me...I could feel my hair's distress as soon as I started lathering it in and immediately washed it out and put in some deep conditioner. I've never had so many knots in my hair and the smell is off putting. A total fail for super textured hair.

on 3/8/2016 9:47:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I have really long hair that is fine and gets greasy if not washed everyday. I was given a sample of this. Now, the smell isn't anything special. I plop it on the crown of my hair and work it until it lathers, and massage to the ends of my hair. My hair was noticeable soft, shinier and it doesn't tangle as easily. The sample lasted me two weeks. I went out the other day and bought the small bottle. In the three days that I used regular shampoo compared to yesterday with this product is a huge difference! I would recommend trying the sample, you will see results instantly! The first result I saw, was how easily it was to brush my hair post shower! It's just so smooth!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

One word; no.

This shampoo is what I'd describe as 'incredibly standard shampoo.'

I have quite long hair, but it's reasonably thin, wavy, nothing too out of the ordinary. With this shampoo, I found that I needed to use more- it didn't lather too well, so I had to use quite a lot. It didn't do anything interesting or extraordinary for my hair, it felt like any form of cheap shampoo.

It claimed to add moisture and shine, but it didn't do any of that, as far as I'm concerned. It was almost £8 for a small bottle (110g), whereas you could easily buy three bottles of shampoo of the same quality for that price.

It wasn't 'bad' as such, just rather overpriced, in my opinion. Nothing special.

on 2/14/2016 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best shampoo ever! Lovely smell, makes hair feel soft, adds volume.
I have very thin hair, and usually have to wash it every other day, but with this shampoo I save one extra day.
I also like the idea of using a body product that is made of natural, non cosmetic ingredients.
Will buy again for sure, and again, and again...

on 9/7/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really really want to love LUSH hairproducts, I really do. But I just don't. It is great that they seem to work for so many of you, but they either have no effect on my hair or make it worse.

This shampoo pretty much turned my hair into straw.
Not exactly the effect I was going for.

I really like the smell though.

...I think that is all I have to say about that...

on 7/23/2015 6:39:00 AM

I tried this shampoo a couple of years ago and loved it back then. I wanted a more natural shampoo so I decided to buy this one again. I have fine blonde hair with highlights, so it can get pretty dry. If I use too much conditioner or leave in product my hair can look very greasy and limp the next day, so I try to avoid using too much products. But since my hair can get dry I really need a conditioner or a leave in product. This shampoo helps with the conditioner problem. Because it's such a gentle and nourishing shampoo, I feel like I can go without conditioner and still have soft hair. It also makes my blonde hair shine and brings out my highlights. For me this is a great shampoo, but I'm sure there are people who disagree. Not everybody has the same hair type or likes the same smells. I've read that some people think it smalles too herby, but the smell really doesn't linger. The girl at Lush even said that this shampoo is more for blondes with highlights, who don't want to weigh their hair down. So if you're like me and you have fine hair that is a bit wavy, and gets greasy after two days, then I would try this shampoo. It's a bit prices, but you can always buy the small bottle to try it out and see if you like it or not.

I was torn between rating 3 or 4 stars but ultimately, it did was it was supposed to do.

My hair type: I recently went through 3 hours of Japanese hair straightening to tame my curly, frizzy, course hair. Right now it's stick straight.

With Japanese straightening, it's very damaging to the hair, which is why I wanted a moisturizing shampoo. I have straightened my hair twice and used the Lush shampoo for the second time around to see if it would actually help my dry hair. I can honestly say that there is a HUGE difference - my hair is really dry but this shampoo made it will so soft and manageable after two uses. I recently switched back to my drug store shampoo (** reason why will be listed below) and my hair is still smooth.

** I switched back to my drug store shampoo after a month of use due to the same reason I deducted one star - it's honey, I get it, but it is so HARD to get through my wet hair. The best way I can describe it is that there is a lot of friction when I tried to apply the shampoo and comb it through my hair. It got to the point where I was afraid I was ripping out way more hair than healthy. I eventually started using a little bit of conditioner first before applying my shampoo in hopes of a smoother lather. However, it really did make a huge difference to my hair (which people have said felt like straw and I don't dye!) so I think I will be occasionally returning to it.

This is the best shampoo I have ever used. I recently ran out and started using a drugstore shampoo I wanted to use up, so now I can really see the difference this LUSH shampoo made on my hair. Never was my hair so soft, shiny, and healthy. It's the most moisturizing shampoo I've ever used that doesn't weigh down my hair or cause unpleasant build-up over time.

You could probably get away with not even using a conditioner with this shampoo (if you have the right hair type), but I have an irrational fear of even trying to go without conditioner. But I do use very little conditioner with this shampoo, and I apply it mostly just to the ends. I really wish there was a matching conditioner for this product! I'd be all over that. But I have paired it both with Kevin Murphy and John Frieda conditioners to great effect.

Another bonus of this shampoo is that it does not seem to have any fading effect on my color-treated hair. This is something I had been concerned about before buying it, but my stylist is always impressed with how well my color lasts between appointments.

It smells like honey and flowers, which I love. My boyfriend loves this shampoo too, both on me and in his own hair. This is definitely an expensive product, but I am going to re-buy it ASAP because the payoff is awesome.

FYI: I only wash my hair every 3-4 days and use dry shampoo in between. If this product fades your color, or weighs you hair down, or stops working- maybe you should shampoo less!

on 2/14/2015 6:48:00 AM

I don't know how an awesome shampoo like this one can get a negative review. Never had my hair looking so beautiful and shiny. I was using trichomania before but this one is definitely better. Smells like wild honey (not the sweet fake one) and the consistency is just like syrup. I'm in love with the smell and you can see results after first use.