Kiehl's Deeply Restorative Smoothing Hair Oil Concentrate [DISCONTINUED]

Kiehl's Deeply Restorative Smoothing Hair Oil Concentrate [DISCONTINUED]

4.9

This product is discontinued but you probably still can buy it somewhere online . Im not crazy about the smell of the product. Although I like natural products sometimes the fragrances from these products can smell to natural. ....If you know what I mean. For instance when I use chemical based products I get lots of compliments on the smell of my hair. Natural products sometimes can smell "woodsie" Overall I always will prefer natural over chemical but I don't want to offend anyone with weird hair smell.

on 2/18/2016 10:03:00 PM

I love this hair oil. I have thick, curly, fine hair that is quite dry, so I do need to use conditioner as well as the oil. However, I don't need use any other products on my hair. I don't have to worry about silicone buildup anymore, and unlike coconut oil this combo doesn't break me out. It has a comforting, herbal scent that I like (and I am sensitive to most odors).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This was $25 but so worth it. I love hair oils and am always out to try a new one. This had a good blend of oils my hair loves and is a spray. I spray some on my palms and apply to my wet hair. It doesn't feel greasy and it had a herbal smell. I think it does a great job of smoothing down my strands and controlling frizz which is a constant struggle for me. It adds shine and my hair looks and feels soft and healthy. I wish I could have tried this sooner. Kiehls is great for giving out samples, so I would recommend going that route if interested.

on 11/25/2014 6:05:00 PM

Holy smokes!! This is the best treatment product I have ever used on my hair. I have fine, thin hair, but a lot of it. It is collarbone length and color treated. I live in an area that is humid almost all year round. If it rains, my hair droops. If it is hot, my hair droops and frizzes. I can curl or blow dry my hair and it looks great...then I go outside and my hair looks like crap almost instantly. The only time my hair looks great is when I get it cut and my stylist makes it look magazine perfect and it looks like that all day. No matter what I do, I cannot replicate that look. Enter Kiehl's Deeply Restorative Smoothing Hair Oil Concentrate. My hair looks salon perfect no matter what I do or what Mother Nature has decided the weather is going to be like on any given day. My hair is smooth, silky and incredibly soft to the touch. I cannot tell you the amount of money I have spent searching and trying and sampling all kinds of hair products to make my hair look nice. This one product makes my hair look amazing. I don't even have to use hair spray to hold a curl in my hair. This product is a bit pricy, but with these results, it is worth every penny!

on 11/14/2014 5:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Being an experienced hair oil user, i can say this is a successful blend of oils.

I love using oils instead of silicone serums because they're more beneficial for both hair and scalp. Silicones glue themselves on the strand, building up and kind of suffocating the hair. They're very difficult to remove and require SLS or ALS shampoos. Oils on the other hand, provide a more flexible barrier from humidity (therefore don't work as well as cones in fighting the frizz) and some can also enter the hair shaft and plumping the strand from inside.

There are dry oils and wet oils. If the product feels non-existent on your skin, it's called a dry oil. No-cone hair oils that have a dry feeling usually have caprylic triglyceride (a derivative of coconut oil) in their ingredients, like this one from Kiehl's. Although it has caprylic triglyceride in it, it doesn't feel completely dry due to the abundance of other wet oils. Oils too dry can make hair and skin feel dry and greasy at the same time. Wet oils can make hair limp and weigh it down. This product is the best of both worlds IMO, neither dry nor wet.

Another problem regarding hair oils is the smell. After a few days of application, hair starts to smell a little off, like rancid. Other commercial blends with perfume usually don't last longer than 10 minutes (like The body shop's beautifying oils). This one, however, has a nice scent that surprisingly have a top note and base note like a perfume. Top note is very slight, i thought my hair would smell like nothing in a matter of minutes.

I bunned my hair and went to bed, when i took down my bun in the morning, lo and behold, my hair was emitting a completely different scent. Almost like i perfumed my hair after wash. I'm not saying it's the best scent i've ever sniffed in my life, but it was perfume nonetheless. I really missed my hair smelling like some perfume so i liked it very much.

So, how did i apply it to my hair? After i towel dried hair, i sprayed two times on my tangle teezer comb and started detangling my ends (i have hip-length hair). After i was done with ends, i sprayed one more time and went on with the length and finally from scalp down. Then i dried my hair with a blow dryer, on lowest setting. Once my hair was %100 dry, i sprayed twice on my hand and run my fingers through my hair, starting with the ends. In total i used 5 sprays, but i could use more because my hair's super coarse and drinks up oils pretty fast.

In the morning my hair did not look piecey and oily, but it looked nice and neat despite the fact that i did not apply any other conditioner.

EDIT later that day: Scent died down. Hair's so soft and manageable, no oily residue is left on the strands. Applied two more sprays to my hair with tangle teezer. So far so good!

EDIT 2: I'm using this daily now, it's been 2 days. Although it's not a "miracle" like other reviews say, it's a very good hair oil. If you cannot afford this, good old coconut oil will do the same job. If you do have extra $$$ to spend on your hair, this is a better option though, because it's lighter in texture and makes hair smell so much nicer than regular vegetable oils, with longer lasting effects than other dry oils out there.

Lovely - smooths dry frizzy hair, gives great shine. Do not use conditioner though!! Even my course, dry, thick, curly hair couldn't take conditioner and this - use one, trust me. A few sprays is plenty, I then brush it through. Price is worth it - lasts forever. Lovely fine mist, ensuring it reaches every strand. Fab product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Here's one hair product that I will certainly repurchase! I was standing at the Kiehls counter waiting to buy the musk oil and saw this product's tester. So, bored, I decided to pick it up and examine, and maybe give it a try. I read on the label that it has NO silicones, which intrigued me and all good natural oils. Having extremely dry, damaged from coloring, old frizzy hair, I figured a few spritzes of this while at the store wouldn't make my mop look worse, so I used about 4 sprays and ran through my mid-back-length hair at Nordstrom. I was astounded. Not only did it smooth the frizz, it made my long-dull hair shiny and smooth! And NO SILICONES! It was $25 dollars so I grabbed it, and have been using it religiously since. It has NEVER caused my hair to frizz up (like silicone products always do), it does not build up, and it really conditions and smoothes my hair like silk! I have read that using silicones on hair to smooth it eventually does the opposite of what one wants, i.e. once the silicones dry on the hair shaft, they shrink, causing MORE frizz. Well, this Kiehls oil is totally different, it really soothes the hair shaft, and smoothes it out like nobody's business. I will buy this again and again until the end of time! Thank you, Kiehls!

on 12/17/2013 6:46:00 PM

I was very skeptical about using this without using a conditioner first. My hair is very course and unruly and so I use conditioner pretty much religiously. I did use the 6 sprays on freshly shampoo'd hair and I was shocked at how it tamed my hair. It was easier to blow it straight and it looked really healthy and smooth when I finished. I bought this product on a whim and am very very glad I did!

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

My HG hair product. Seriously, this is the best thing I have ever bought for my hair, ever. Sorry this review isn't descriptive as others. Just got nothing more to say other than when I have a good hair day, it's because I used this.

on 1/25/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

OH MY GOD

My hair has NEVER looked anything like this, sooo shiny like pantine provine commercial shinny. MY HOLY GRAIL OF HAIR PRODUCTS. I know it's ridiculous but this product is my religion and I will preach it.

UPDATE - The product rubbed onto my skin and made me break out! Now weekly I use apricot kernel oil in my hair overnight with the same effect and no acne :)