Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm

Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm

2.9

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active Ingredients: SunscreenOctinoxate 7.5Zinc Oxide 3.4Inactive ingredients:Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Isododecane, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Lauryl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Propanediol, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Isopropyl Myristate, Xanthan Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Isoceteth-10, Silica, Lysine HCL, Fragrance, Lecithin, Citrullus Lanatus (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Citrulline, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Baicalin, Linalool, Limonene, Tripeptide-9 Citrulline, Geraniol, Citral, Eugenol, Coumarin, Citronellol. May contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 5/17/2016 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like BB or CC creams, and I have tried quite a few, form drugstore to high-end brands, from "oil free" to "all skin types" and I have hate them all. I feel them very heavy and the sunscreen on them irritates my skin, makes it red; and no matter what I use or do, they always melt my makeup, even if it's waterproof, or long wear. I told this to the Sephora employee like 3-4 years ago and he recommended this UD Naked BB, saying "it's more like a primer, but you can use it as a very sheer BB cream". I was skeptical at first, because of the sunscreen, but I have used it ever since. If you are looking for coverage, this is not the product for you. It doesn't even have "light" coverage. It's very sheer indeed, once applied.

I live in a very hot and humid place (Texas), and some days, I don't feel like wearing primer + foundation + powder. UD Naked BB comes to the rescue. I don't need tons of coverage, so this is perfect for me. Because it has primer on it, it lasts for hours, the sunscreen doesn't irritate my skin. It has SPF 20, and it's great for me (I avoid the sun as much as I can and wear a hat if I'm going to be outside for more than 30 min). I use this "bb" cream when I go on vacation, and it comes out great in pics, I don't have that white cast on photos. Forget about sponges or brushes, it looks better if you use your fingers to apply it. It has a light mint scent, that goes away like 10 min later.

The only CON I have found so far, it's the color, it's a little dark for me, but once I apply it, it looks like that's my natural skin color, or in some days, like I just got a very light tan. For that reason, I have to use an specific shade of under eye concealer, that I don't use with any other of my foundations (Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer in Beige). But you don't need to use a different concealer, it's my OCD talking here. And because of the color of this product, I haven't try it as an actual primer.

For reference, I'm MAC NC20-25, MUFE HD 120 (Y245), Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless 120, Sephora 10 HR Foundation 20, Armani Luminous Silk 4.0, etc...

I bought it again and again, full size and travel size, FYI, the travel size lasts me 2 weeks. I freaking love this product and I hope UD never discontinues it or changes the formula.

on 5/12/2016 11:43:00 PM

I got a small size of it just to try it out. I have mixed feelings about it.

Pros:
- lightweight and feels like nothing on the skin
- great for the summer - all the benefits of a BB - sunscreen, moisturizer, etc
- light coverage, yet covers pretty well... I am usually a fan of a heavy foundation (Kat Von D and YSL Fusion Ink are some of my favs), and I have vitiligo around my eyes and mouth and redness on my cheeks that I need evened out. I thought UD might not provide enough coverage, but IT DOES!
- wears pretty well throughout the day (I usually get 7-8 hours, haven't tried for longer than that)

Cons:
- comes in one color, if I am not mistaken. I am fairly light - MAC NC20, UD Naked Skin 3.5, Estee Lauder Ecru. This BB cream comes out of the tube pretty orange, but blends out fairly well. Might not work for very pale girls or someone with cooler or deeper skin tones.

Overall, I really like this one. It is one of the best I have tried. It might not be for everyone, though! Get yourself a sample or a small size first.

To Read all 131 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/8/2016 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Disclaimer: This review is not just for the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm, but also for the Urban Decay One and Done. If you have relatively good skin and want good protection on non-high-sun days (for those I use a high SPF sunscreen) then you can blend these two products to achieve an air-brushed and luminous (without the sparkle) finish. I have yet to meet a sheer makeup I like and like to experiment with tinted sunscreen. I use the trifecta of skin care: antioxidant (in my case the IS clinical vitamin c Pro-heal formula), a retinoid (alternate with retin a micro and Avene retrinal) and sunscreen. I have really good skin because I have always taken care of it but want to take the appearance when I go out to the next level. If I want a more 'make up' look, I go heavier on the One and Done and less on the Beauty Balm. The reverse for a more natural finish. Try blending the two and I bet you will really like it!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I don't really like this product. I love urban decay don't get me wrong but this product is not for people who require a high amount of coverage. It's smells very bad, I don't know how to describe it but it's not nice. It doesn't really applie evenly across the skin as sometimes you get bright Prague patches in creases or in your eyebrows. But if you blend it in properly it's not that bad. It does bluer pores though and would be good as a primer if it wasn't an orange colour. I prefer BB creams and I asked them if they had any and they shown me this product, I thought well yeah why not give it a go and I regret it. It's expensive and I would not buy it again. However it's not so bad that I wouldn't finish the bottle I have. Urban decay is one of my favourite makeup brands but on this occasion I preferred my rimmel London BB cream.

on 3/4/2016 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I really like this product. I use this in the shade "Dark". This is not for someone with bad acne scarring to use alone. It is a very sheer product and it covers minimally. I have very little discoloration, blemishes or uneveness so this works perfectly. It covers mild redness and evens my skintone. It feels very nourishing and almost like a skin treatment when applied. There is a mild peppermint tingle/aroma when applied. The consistency feels light and almost gel like. It applies very smoothly and evenly. It matched my NC45 skintone extremely well. It seems to work well with combination skin too.

I think my skin has improved a bit since I've started using this. I have had fewer break outs. I guess it doesn't clog pores like heavier foundations and contains ingredients that is beneficial to the skin.

It could be used a primer as well. I use this on nights out under my MAC studio fix but on a daily basis, I combine this with my LA Girl Pro concealer in "Warm Honey" and MAC Mineralize SkinFinish in "Dark Golden".

This is huge improvement from the original UD tinted moisturizer which was greasy but more pigmented. I do not see any strange oxidization at the end of the day either. I really enjoy this but someone who is looking for more coverage will not enjoy the benefits of this product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Guys! This is supposed to be a LIGHT BB cream! I use this as a primer because it gives my Urban Decay weightless foundation a bit more coverage and because I have SUPER dry skin! I LOVE this so much!

on 12/21/2015 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this a few days ago because the color in tube/tester was so pretty and felt so silky smooth. When I put it on at home I was like "WTF?!?" - there was absolutely no color payoff. And what I mean by that is no coverage of any kind not even a tint and not even a glow as promised. I tried this again the next day and ended up with the same situation. Although it feels great on the skin, I wasn't in need of yet another moisturizer/primer/serum type product so I was pretty bummed. I can't believe this is even selling as a BB at the $35 price point, that's crazy. I ended up returning this.

on 9/18/2015 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for $17 during ULTA's 21 days of beauty event 6 months ago and used it on a daily basis because I enjoyed it. It's been a while since I've used it and I recently tested it out again since I am debating repurchasing to have a backup since it is on sale again. After opening I was reminded of the horrible smell it had. For this reason I just can't repurchase. If I can't stand the smell why would I waste my money? I now prefer to use a primer and foundation with SPF as opposed to a BB cream as well.

on 9/6/2015 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I don't have anything good to say about this product. When I first opened it, I thought it had expired based on the strange odor, but it was still good. I later compared it to the one at the store. Very strange/horrible odor. It felt really oily. Went on rather orange and was a bit streaky going on. DIdn't really cover anything on my skin, just have a shear orange look. I wasn't impressed at all. I would definitely avoid this product, unless they make the color more natural looking and fix that horrible odor. Also having some amount of coverage would be nice. It almost is like a BB bronzer, that doesn't look that natural on.

on 7/1/2015 11:26:00 AM

Thankfully I only got a sample size of this product, its really far below anything i expect from UD

THE GOOD:
texture - easy to apply and blend, no qualms there.

staying power - starts to fade after about 4 hours, but I always have some left after I get home. I have combination skin with an oily t zone.

THE BAD:
smell - minty and somewhat medicinal. I dont like smelling like a medicine cabinet but thankfully it wears off relative quickly

The colour - this is very very orange on my yellow C2 skin, it might suit heavily tanned cool toned ladies, although I don't know anyone who's naturally this orange

coverage - very light, so you will probably get away with how orange this is, but on the other side it struggles to cover even minimal discolouration.

doesn't actually improve the skin as a BB cream should, think of this as more of a lightly tinted orange moisturiser

Overall, wouldn't pick up a new one even it was free.