Bobbi Brown intensifying long- wear mascara

Bobbi Brown intensifying long- wear mascara

4.1

water, acrylates/ethylhexyl acrylate copolymer, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, synthetic beeswax, stearic acid, acrylates copolymer, kaolin, talc, tromethamine, panthenol, panthenine, cholesterol, butylene glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, linoleic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, steareth-2, laureth-21, ammonium acrylates copolymer, lauroyl lysine, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, acacia senegal gum, steareth-21, phytantriol, phenethyl alcohol, polyethylene terephthalate, laureth-20, isostearic acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, simethicone, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, PTFE, silica, disodium EDTA, chloroxylenol, potassium sorbate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), mica, manganese violet (CI 77742), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), carmine (CI 75470), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), ultramarines (CI 77077)] List transcribed from photo of box, 2015-03-05.

on 7/5/2016 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love "tubing" mascaras. I tried and loved Blinc Amplified, but It turned out that I was allergic to it, causing my eyes to water and burn. I have since tried them all from HE to DS and I like this one from Bobbi. Intensifying is a good mascara at a ridiculous price. It is a beautiful, deep black, the brush size is perfect, and it gives me longer, dark, separated lashes with NO clumps and doesn't make my lashes as crunchy as Blinc did. I am also not allergic to anything in it. But, you should know that this mascara won't give you ANY drama, even layered, but rather a natural look. On the days I want big, long lashes I use L'Oréal's Telescopic in Blackest Black (love). I have very oily skin and this mascara doesn't flake, smudge or change at all until you hit your lashes with warm water. Then off it comes effortlessly. Is it expensive? Absolutely! Is it worth $30? Absolutely not! I will not repurchase. My favorite tubing mascara is DHC's Perfect Pro. It gives more length, volume and darkness at $18 online.

on 3/26/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Intensifying? Nope.
Long-lasting? No.

This is my first Bobbi Brown product, and it disappoints. I do like the size of the wand - it's very sleek and it gets to my inner corner lashes easily without leaving a mess on my lids - but it FLAKES BADLY.

Since I have naturally long lashes, I don't mind wearing a mascara that does not curl or lengthen or give extra volume. It just has to be smudgeproof and transferproof, does not clump and flake-free!! This mascara flakes within the first hour of application, regardless of the climate. You don't even need to touch your lashes or eyes for the product to fall off like leaves do in autumn. This itself, makes the product a waste of money.

It flakes AND irritates your eyes. I've never had this trouble with other mascaras before. It's worrying for a contact lenses wearer as I would never know if any product has contaminated my lenses. The flaking is so annoying to the point where I feel like rubbing everything off my eyes, then I remember I'm outside and I can't risk looking like a lady who does not know how to wear makeup properly, should the product smudge all over lol.

I'm still looking for my go-to mascara. Tarte's Lights Camera and Flashes, Diorshow Iconic Overcurl and Lancome Hypnose are my options. Still considering..

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/18/2015 7:25:00 AM

I had heard good things about this mascara so bought a mini size on eBay.

I adore the small brush, it’s perfect for getting to the base of my sparse lashes and for coating my bottom lashes. This coats my lashes evenly and gives a nice amount of thickness and volume (but nothing too dramatic).

The only issue I have is with the removal. When I use my regular remover, this comes off in flakes which can really irritate my eyes if they get in them. However, I have noticed that most of the newer waterproof mascaras do have the same issue so it is just me being picky.

I would buy this again, it's a great mascara and has one of the best brushes I have found.

on 7/20/2015 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to like this mascara. Never used a mascara with such short bristles on the wand. It made application less messy than with other mascaras. My lashes look great. But it did not last so long on me. I tried it with and without lash primer and still got smudging beneath my eyes. My eyes are deep-set, and my lids are oily so I need a true waterproof mascara. Won't purchase this again.

Drum roll please.... I think I've found my HG mascara! I have kissed many a frog on my mascara journey. Many turned out to be duffers. I gave up on natural mascaras, although they are improving, they lack the staying power of a tubing mascara, IMHO. I have been using the tubing mascaras predominantly for the last decade. I like how you put them on in the morning and they stay put, through exercise, rain, tears etc. Then, when you are ready to remove, hot water and fingertips do the job of removing. The problem with a lot of them, is that they dry up quickly, don't always have much oomph and sometimes tiny flakes drift and irritate the eyes. Not the case, with this beauty. Although, it's probably not technically a tubing mascara, it's similar, in that hot water removes it.
Packaged in a sleek looking tube, with a small brush that is easy to use. Gives nice separation, some oomph (though, not falsies oomph). This also feels quite soft and flexible on, rather than crispy and stiff, like some mascara do. As far as holding a curl, that's not a priority for me, as my lashes tend to stay curled with most mascaras. I imagine it would hold a curl for most people though. Most importantly for me, it never smudges and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.
Here's how I would rate the elements of this mascara:
Lenthening : 8/10
Volumizing: 8/10
Long-lasting/flake & smudge resistance: 10/10
Ease of removal: 9/10

Yes! It lengthens, separates, holds curl, doesn't smudge, and is expensive. First off, I had a sample size of this laying around forever from purchasing other BB products from a few months ago. I honestly tossed it to the side, because BB correctors,concealer- great, heard about them but BB mascara? What?
I have fairly short, thin, straight "Asian"(if that makes a difference) lashes. This mascara enhances my lashes by doing the above-listed, but it doesn't give an intense dramatic Kim K. look. I know that it's impossible with my lashes to achieve that with just mascara so I don't ever seek for an "intensifying" mascara because falsies exists, thank goodness.
Application has to be done quick because it dries fast and is hard to apply more once it is dry. I usually do one coat, which gives decent thickness and curl after. The brush is slim and really gets in between every lash, which is important because it's a tubing mascara. A what? A tubing mascara. I've heard about tubing mascara here and there but thought it was a gimmick. It's weird, but it does work.
The end result looks very different from traditional mascara. What I noticed is that my HG mascara, Maybelline's Full n Soft gives the lashes a more "wet" and soft look. With BB, it looks like false lashes (think Ardell), I don't mean the style of fluttery lashes but I mean the individual lash looks strong...Honestly just try it. It's hard to explain and probably harder to imagine what I am explaining haha.
Also I can feel when I have Maybelline on, heavy and it dries my eyes slightly, but with BB it's light, non-irritating. And with Maybelline, I can't put it on the lower lashes because it will smudge and also clumpy. BB is the opposite, separates each lash, doesn't smudge/flake and very lengthening.
No it doesn't replace my ultimate cheap daily Maybelline but added as my HG product- the expensive, cooler, older sister.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

A quick review, for a change. This is a tubing mascara; Bobbi Brown also has another (non-tubing) long-lasting mascara, No Smudge, that's worth a try. Intensifing Long-Wear is pretty similar to Clinique Lash Power, and both have similar lovely tiny brushes. The Clinique version is cheaper. There's also Estee Lauder Double Wear (one or two versions, one has a small brush like these two); same parent group, more expensive than the Clinique one.

Intensifying practically applies itself, brilliant small brush, suits my application technique: brush the brush through lashes in one smooth slow sweep (rather than wriggling and wiggling), no combing through needed.

This is quite a wet formula, compated to other tubers, which gave a little time for tweaking between coats, though still setting perfectly and once set the stuff stays. (On lashes, anyway; any stray bits on surrounding skin are very easy to wipe off, unlike with traditional waterproof mascara.) I found a tube lasted a good six weeks begore feeling in the skightest dry. It didn't suffer from cold dry weather (may tubers do, and dry out; on the other hand, they're happy as pigs in muck if they're in hot sweaty weather). The mascara once applied stays on all day, doesn’t smudge–this is vital, as I wear glasses and cannot bear smudges on them–or flake, is waterproof in rain, and can be removed with warm water. I’m using oil to remove all eye make-up anyway, and that removes the last traces of this stuff too.

The effect on lashes: they're soft, and they look somewhat thicker and more feathery, compared to say Clinique Lash Power. Both mascaras feel better on the lashes than earlier-generation tubers (like the original old Blinc / Kiss Me), which left lashes feeling dry and hard; or someof the very dry-formula tubers like Too Faced (though that kind are reported by others to be well-suited to holding a curl, if you happen to be of the lash-curling persuasion; I'm not, so I can't help you there).

For any of you who remember it, this is very like Bobbi Brown’s earlier venture into tubers, again with a beautiful small brush, the Perfectly Defined mascara.

I used this stuff back in the Fall. Around November, my eyes were being irritable. I did observe some flakes of this mascara in my eyes, mainly from lower lashes. I can't and shouldn't comment further, as I didn't test the hypothesis "this mascara flakes and irritates my eyes" properly at the time. I used it again in December and all was well.

I wuld buy it again, but for a similar price I'd prefer to buy Blinc Amplified, and for a similar brush and a lower price I'd go for Clinique Lash Power (the original classic old one, *not* the feathering one, and not any of their other tubing mascaras as their brushes aren't as marvellous). Both aforementoned alternatives are cruelty-free though Clinique may now be considered, depending on your definitions and individual position, as not being a cruelty-fre company any more (but Lash Power was developed without animal testing and fits my own fixed cut-off date policy re. sale in China and the current--NB changing--legal situation there).

Costs around CAD30.00-34.00 / USD25.00-27.00 / GBP28.00 / EUR26.00

INGREDIENTS: water, acrylates/ethylhexyl acrylate copolymer, copernica cerifera (carnauba) wax, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, synthetic beeswax, stearic acid, acrylates copolymer, kaolin, talc, tromethamine, panthenol, panthenine, cholesterol, butylene glycol, 1,2-hexanediol, linoleic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, steareth-2, laureth-21, ammonium acrylates copolymer, lauroyl lysine, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, acacia senegal gum, steareth-21, phytantriol, phenethyl alcohol, polyethylene terephthalate, laureth-20, isostearic acid, hydroxyethylcellulose, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, simethicone, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, PTFE, silica, disodium EDTA, chloroxylenol, potassium sorbate, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), mica, manganese violet (CI 77742), chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), chromium hydroxide green (CI 77289), carmine (CI 75470), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), ultramarines (CI 77077)]
List transcribed from photo of box, 2015-03-05

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I can't afford this mascara. I am not a high end girl, I am a frugal girl and I hate paying more than I have to for anything. This mascara is fabulous though. The little brush really got to my lashes, it didn't clump, and it gave me a gorgeous feathery look. I got compliments on my eyelashes, which is so rare! Although I can't afford to repurchase it, I will be looking for a drugstore dupe of this forever. Because mascaras have to be replaced so frequently I can't justify spending the money on this. I will cherish my memories of this amazing product.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara is deceptive: I looked at the slender spoolie and wondered what this could do for my lashes. That little spoolie puts on a bold black mascara formula with incredible length, decent volume and great separation. I barely needed to comb through my lashes, they were that well-separated! The formula has exceptional wear time without flaking or smearing. Removing it is a little tough--despite its claims, water alone didn't do the job of getting it off--but it's nothing a waterproof remover or the OCM couldn't handle.

I got this as part of a Sephora 500-point Bobbi Brown perk, otherwise I never would have tried it since BB is not one of the brands I usually use. I would definitely buy the full-size of this mascara though!

on 3/8/2014 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This mascara is great - initially the brush put me off as it's smaller than what I'm used to. However it gets into the lashes and gives volume. I don't get the itchy feeling at the end of the day that I would have gotten before. Does not smudge and stays in place. Works like a waterproof mascara but you can take it off with warm water. It's a win win for me!