NYX Single Eye Shadow (All Shades)

NYX Single Eye Shadow (All Shades)
Single Eye Shadow (All Shades)Single Eye Shadow (All Shades)

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Nyx started selling "refills" that come without the plastic case. These are perfect for creating custom palettes. The color selection is amazing. The shadows are smooth, and work best with a primer. They aren't as pigmented as higher end, but they are still good. When I use the Wet n Wild primer first, and then the Nyx shadows, it looks good all day. I love that I could find cruelty free stuff that's affordable and the exact colors I wanted.

on 12/29/2015 6:12:00 PM

Great range of colours, but the quality leaves a lot to be desired. I have tried almost all of their nude-to-dark tones and cannot pick a single one to recommend. The shadows vary in texture and colour intensity, some are more creamy, others more powdery, some are gritted, others are velvety smooth, some are too pigmented, others are not pigmented enough so you have to put on multiple layers. Uneven application, poor staying power. And although I was applying my faithful Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer, the shadows creased, melted and started to disappear after only a couple of hours. Will not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought the Happy Hour color in the new round package to replace my Maybelline's Chai Latte lid color. The one NYX eyeshadow costs more than the entire quad, but the quality of NYX is a step above. Highly pigmented, smooth, and true matte unlike the new formulation of the Chai Latte quad. It has the same quantity as MAC eye shadow singles (at three times the price!). I got mine at Albertson's (very surprised to find it there) for $4.50. Its display also had samples, which was fantastic for me to pick the right color. As many swatches as I've found online, as a person of color, a color that shows up on my lighter friends won't show up on me. Fantastic product.

I had long been curious about NYX products - so I have just acquired 12 single eye shadows. I have added some pictures to show not only the color but the lasting hold of the pigment. All swatches were done over NYX eye shadow base. I am very impressed: excellent texture, very good pigment hold, matte shades are nearly 100% matte (which I loved) and the shimmer ones have nice, smooth shimmer.
A few comments about the shades:
ES129A Taupe Pearl - this is quite shimmery, soft and overall nice taupe
ES78A Sensual - Great! Elegant shimmer, excellent hold very useful blend of amethyst, blue and brown shade - Winner!
ES80A True Taupe - matte, excellent midtone for light skin - Winner!
ES127 Deep Brown - shimmery plum..didnt last very long
ES06 Dark Brown - matte brown , lasting hold - Winner!
ES36A Charcoal Brown - cool, grayish brown , long hold - Winner!
ES05 Brown - yellowish light brown, warm, matte (camel color) - good midtone for nude looks - Winner!
ES123 Beauty Queen - shimmery medium brown ,also good for a natural look , good hold - Winner!
last but not least..
ES102 Hawaian Coffee - Winner ! Winner! If you are familiar with Chanels Fauve this is a good dupe (not as shimmery) - this is one of those elegant plumy, violet, gray/taupe colors.A++
About the 03 photos with swatches:
Top Row: ES06, ES36A, ES102, ES127
Bottom Row: ES05, ES78A, ES80A, ES123, ES129A
First photo in daylight, second indoors and the third indoors taken 5 min later - and after I wiped them down 5 times just to show pigment hold on skin.

on 10/17/2013 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this in Silk. It's a light warm copper/gold colour. It's a gorgeous all over the lid base for any deep coppers, browns or golds like UD Roach or Half baked.
Stays on all day. Not expensive. Smooth and blendable texture.
Bottom line: Great buy.

on 12/19/2015 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The reason I didn't award 5 full lippies is due to the fact I wish these shadows were a little bit more buttery. Buttery formulas, such as Urban Decay or Wet n' Wild, are easier to work with. That is my only complaint. Other than that, I have plenty of good things to say about this product.

For reference I am NC10 (super pale leaning neutral) with green eyes. Finding proper shades is no easy task. I feel like NYX did a wonderful job offering unique shades in this line.

Sin is definitely my favorite out of the bunch. It is a beautiful, beige-y pink leaning neutral/warm. There is a tiny bit of shimmer. It just keeps the shadow from looking flat, but definitely does not apply as a glitter bomb. This shadow is my current eyeshadow obsession. Sin is perfect as an all over lid color on my coloring because it makes my eyes *pop* WITHOUT looking clown-ish.

Pixi is a bit lighter than Sin, and more warm toned. It's almost my skintone (NC10/Very pale neutral). So I think for a lot of people this would be a highlighter color, whereas I use it as a lid color for a very natural look. I love it. It reminds me a lot of Urban Decays Snatch. I actually swatched Snatch in an Ulta store then walked on over to swatch Pixi side by side. Snatch is just a tiny bit darker.

Sex Kitten is also a much loved shade. It's a coppery pink. I would rec it to anyone with warm undertones, but cool toned girls might want to stay away. For me, Sex Kitten is definitely a crease color. But for those of you with darker skin, it could easily be useful on the entire lid.

Yes I will repurchase. In fact I might get a few back ups of Sin & buy a few shades that have caught my eye.