L'Oreal Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5 Shampoo

L'Oreal Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5 Shampoo
Advanced Haircare - Total Repair 5 ShampooAdvanced Haircare - Total Repair 5 Shampoo

3.5

AQUA / WATER / EAU • SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE • SODIUM LAURYL • SULFATE • COCAMIDE MEA • GLYCOL DISTEARATE • SODIUM CHLORIDE • DIMETHICONE • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE • PPG-5-CETETH-20 • SODIUM BENZOATE • SALICYLIC ACID • GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE • CARBOMER • LINALOOL • HEXYL CINNAMAL • ARGININE • GLUTAMIC ACID • BENZYL SALICYLATE • SERINE • BENZYL ALCOHOL • LIMONENE • HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN • AMYL CINNAMAL • CITRONELLOL • 2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL • ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE • SODIUM HYDROXIDE • CITRIC ACID

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Didn't really like this shampoo or the matching conditioner. It made my normal hair feel really greasy, and not clean. Think it was just way too heavy for my hair. It also seemed to tangle my hair more than normal too. Gave it to a friend who has really dry hair, and she loved it though! Just think it was way too much for me.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like this quite well. My hair is not too dry nor damaged, so I cannot attest to any deep repair-aspect this may bring, but it works as a deep-cleansing shampoo very nicely. Seems to give my hair body. Leaves hair squeaky-clean, has an awesome salon-quality type of scent, and the bottle is super-easy to use, whether it is the large 33-oz pump or the smaller flip-top bottle. Lathers easily, rinses easily. I will say, if you use this, to use a heavy-duty conditioner to follow. It does seem to 'strip' the hair.

on 9/27/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's not as good as it's extreme counterpart. While my hair did feel clean it also felt strawlike. Noticed breakage, no shine, and didn't prevent new damage. I used the shampoo and the treatment mask, but noticed no real differences. Try the extreme version instead.

on 1/11/2016 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I received a sample in the mail for the Total Repair 5, shampoo, conditioner and intense conditioning balm and I was so blown away that I just purchased a full size of the shampoo & conditioner and will get the intensive when I run out of the ones I have at home. First off when I used the sample I was having serious hair loss. Likely breakage because I was overdue for a trim and color. I was so overdue that I had about 4" of outgrowth. I was actually crying one night after seeing how much of my hair was falling out. I know health and medications can cause this but I was brushing my hair prior to washing and losing a ton of hair and then would go straight in and wash it and couldn't believe how much hair was in the drain. Very upsetting! I have thin, frizzy (must use product to tame it), naturally curly hair but always had a lot of it. Not so much now and I need to be very careful.

What didn't make sense to me is I have many good deep conditioners at home that my mom gave me and all of them are really good products and I was using the deep conditioners regularly to improve my hair. THE ONE THING I REACHED FOR ONE DAY WAS MY SAMPLES OF THIS PRODUCT. I was in total shock at seeing much less hair fall out after 1 use.

My experience was awesome: I 1st washed my hair and thought I grabbed the conditioner by accident and had to double check. (you know some conditioners will also foam up) Nope I was using the shampoo and my hair was feeling so silky soft and felt much better than my sulfate free shampoo and my Suave Moroccan Shampoo and I thought I was dreaming. (Trust me before getting ill I was able to buy any product I wanted to and I can say I have tried a huge variety of shampoo's, etc.) A shampoo that felt like a conditioner? I have never ever used any shampoo except one that I have ever really liked and it was the Kiwi Shampoo but had been out for a long time and budget is a concern. If you saw all the products I have at home between what I have bought or was given and my bf buys, well it wouldn't make sense to spend money and buy this product now but I had to have it. So I then used the conditioner and decided that I really needed to use this balm with this shampoo since I don't wash my hair that often anymore. I decided to add my leave in and a bit of my hair oil mixed together and put that on my hair so I could blow dry my hair. My hair seemed to dry faster, looked healthier and far less frizz. I was really pleased and my hair looked so much better. Even the color which had faded on the ends looked much better. Also this shampoo really cleans my scalp and is making it healthier.

So the next time I washed my hair I had a little bit of samples left. I finished using the product samples and had to add my other shampoo for the 1st wash and then used the Total 5. Used up all the conditioner but my hair is long so I added some more from another product. What is amazing is I used the sulfate free shampoo 1st for this wash and followed it up with the remaining shampoo from the sample. Soon as I started washing with the Total 5 I had left, my hair texture changed right away and it just felt so good and I gently just kept washing and touching my hair. What was a tighter mess suddenly felt again like I put a conditioner on my hair instead of the Total 5 shampoo.

For now this product is my HG shampoo. I love love love it. I couldn't stop thinking about the shampoo each time I washed my hair so like I said I had to buy it. I had since had it colored and trimmed and will be washing my hair later today with my Total 5. I'm so excited. I bought the regular conditioner from the line also and the balm. I prefer using the balm every time because I don't wash my hair often so I need the amazing balm with this shampoo. Just to use up the daily conditioner, I may try to do a cowash with it just to see how it works on my hair and how my hair reacts and letting it dry natural with my curly hair. So that will be another review when I try it.

I simply can't stress enough how wonderful this shampoo is and how much I encourage others to try it. For me after using the sample 2x's, I did not have any scalp reaction and if I do while using it now that I purchased a bottle of it, I will update my review. I do have a very sensitive scalp. For those that had an issue with their scalp I encourage you to get some tea tree shampoo and conditioner to heal your scalp which should work very quickly. You can also buy an ointment with tea tree in it and rub it on your scalp and wash it out when you want to but give it time to absorb and heal. Perhaps after you get your scalp condition corrected you can try this shampoo again.

LOL long review for a shampoo but again I have never used or have had a shampoo used on me that has ever felt this good on my hair. My 2nd favorite shampoo is still the Kiwi. I get the same shine, I feel it's gentle yet effective. When I styled it the 1st time I forgot to mention how well my hair behaved and how easy it was to style it just with a regular brush. Thanks Loreal, now don't go changing this product!

on 10/14/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I did something yesterday I hadn't done in years - I repurchased a shampoo, and this was the one I rebought! Most of the time shampoos make my head itch, or they start making my hair feel stiff, or sticky or something but this one hasn't done that. It just leaves it clean but not stripped, shiny, and I can get a day between shampoos. I wish it didn't have quite so much fragrance in it, but it's not as bad as most, but still doesn't need to be there. I got a bonus size too - 25% more for $3.97. Can't beat that with a stick! This works better than *any* expensive shampoo I've ever used, and as long as it keeps working for me, I'll keep buying it.

on 2/22/2015 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really wish I could've liked this shampoo. It made my hair very dry. My hair isnt colored or anything but I do have dry ends. This shampoo made my hair worse :( even my scalp didn't feel clean

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love it I baught it four times - going for some more afterwards, when I finish in a few months. It keeps the extra grease and oil out for a few days. I will shall buy again. I also love the commercial with Jennifer Lopez in it. Very advertising............. I don't believe it's a miracle worker or a miracle in a bottle, but thuis is my holy grail shampoo, after I used garnier fructisdamage eraser, I stopped due to this Loreal shampoo. My hair feels, soft, shiny, silky and healthy after each shower every other day.

on 2/20/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have very fine hair that is damaged and prone to breakage from frequent coloring. Years ago I had used L'Oreals Vive hair care line which I loved. Never really gave the new line a chance, but I kept seeing rave reviews for the Total Repair 5 series. After two uses I am already noticing less breakage. The cleanses without stripping or over drying, a problem I have had with some shampoos.

on 1/6/2015 9:30:00 AM

I was pretty disappointed by this shampoo (and more so by the accompanying conditioner). For years, I was a salon/ natural foods store hair product snob and didn't dabble to much in drugstore shampoos. And after sustaining some serious damage at a bad salon earlier this year, I intensified my search for the perfect shampoo and conditioner, preferably cruelty-free and with at least SOME natural ingredients. At this point, after spending hundreds of dollars and trying dozens of higher end products, my hair is healthier, but I attribute that more to time, supplements, and my diet than anything. So I was looking for a more cost-effective, easily accessible shampoo and conditioner combo for my dry, still-somewhat damaged hair. This is not it. I can't believe how drying this stuff is. After shampooing, I already had that uh-oh, my hair feels really dry sensation, so I slathered it with the accompanying conditioner. My the time I stepped out of the shower, I could literally tell my hair was dry, crunchy, wild, rough, etc. I doused it with a heavy dose of my Neuma detangler/ moisturizing spray (which is the most awesome product) just to salvage my hair for the day. I tried the combo again last night after working out, on second day hair (clearly dirty) and it acted like a clarifying shampoo, but too much so. I also lose more hair (than even usual) with this shampoo. It smells nice and it's cheap; that's about all the good I can say about it. Also, I bought the travel sizes and just FYI, the lids are impossible to open in the shower. I'm glad I bought the travel sizes though, because this would have been thrown away.

Was not expecting to love this shampoo as much as I do! my hair is very fine and gets damaged easily (like really easily) therefore I'm prone to split ends and breakage...I've tried multiple split end mending syrums and repairing shampoos but they all either didn't work or left my hair feeling heavy and gross, but this one made my hair feel sooo smooth! I can definitely say it helps to repair your damaged hair...I still have split ends but that's just because I haven't been to the salon in forever. Also, if you're anything like me you won't want to blindly spend money on a shampoo not knowing how it will work for you...you can buy the travel size shampoo and conditioner at cvs for around $1.50 each :)

Popular Shampoos