4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

This blush should be your new winter bronzer. I am on my second pan of this blush - the first one was my only blush and still lasted me for YEARS. Today I had a revelation that inspired me to review this: Reference foundation shades: BareMinerals Complexion Rescue in Vanilla 02, CHANTECAILLE Future Skin and Just Skin both in Alabaster, Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville. Today I was wearing Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville for the first time. It is a spot on color match except it is just a tad yellow which was most noticeable on my forehead. I don’t own any bronzer but needed to do something about how blanked out my forehead looked, so I applied this blush just like a bronzer. It is AMAZING. My skin looks like the healthiest, most perfect version of itself. This blush has enough brown and enough pink, in the right balance, to enliven light skin tones. No muddiness, no orange, just an invisible hyper-realistic finish. I am going to double down on using this combo for the rest of the winter!!!!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

Although I'm transitioning to the more natural, non-toxic face makeup, I've not found a "clean" blush that performs well on my mature skin. I've had my eye on Cargo for a long time and recently purchased this blush in Tonga. Goes on smooth and has a silky, flawless appearance when using a proper blush brush. I have fair cool undertones and Tonga is the perfect color for an everyday put together look. The previous positive comments from MUA reviewers are right on. I'd rather pay for a quality product than pay $$$ for fancy packaging. UPDATE 9/1/17 - This is not a bad product and the color is lovely in the pan. However, this blush is better suited for those with normal to oily skin or those who use "liquid" or cream foundations. Cons: 1) The metal lid does not stay on, thus the product is exposed to air (2) morphed into a ruddy appearance on my cheeks after several hours which I will attribute to not melding well with mineral or powder foundation (3) would not suggest for mature skin.

About reviewer (144 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairSilver, Other, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

I'm on the fence with this colour. I prefer matte colours, but every time I apply this I feel it's not enough. Colour on my skin tone is ok, in fact it appears to enhance my cheek contour. Pigmentation is good but I just feel it doesn't do much for me. It's definitely a colour I use during minimal makeup days in the winter months... for a more natural look.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

Such a gorgeous blush shade for fair skin. Very easy to work with, I apply with quite a dense blush brush on the apples of my cheeks and then blend it outwards with a fluffy powder brush and it gives me a gorgeous natural flush. This blush deserves a lot more attention as it's great quality for the price point. Would definitely recommend.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This is my first Cargo Blush purchase. Im a blush lover and love my 20 plus collection of mainly Mac blushes several Chanel and a couple of Lancome. Tonga is probably the blush you won't reach for because the other Cargo blushes are more appealing to the eye......Tonga is absolutely stunning it's a satin formula with no glitter, shine etc....the color is a gorgeous neutral pink with terracotta undertones, it's almost like a nude pink, it's a color that I would compare to Mac's Cubic blush. Everyone can wear Tonga, all skintones. I'm very fair and pale and this looks like a flush that I would get from the cold weather, very flattering. The formula is excellent, 8 plus hours of wear. My friend who owns 3 or 4 of these in different colors says they last her about 4 years with regular use.

About reviewer (439 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Other

EyesGreen

5 years ago

This blush is perfection for an everyday work appropriate blush. It is so easy to use and looks natural. My other blushes are ignored because i reach for this foolproof option. Blends like a dream. Must have in your beauty collection.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

6 years ago

This blush is ok, it did not knock my socks off. I am looking for a replacement for revlon tender plum blush that was discontinued. The Tonga does not flatter my complexion like the tender plum but it's ok. I will continue the hunt.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

6 years ago

This blush is so beautiful. However, if one sees this with the other Cargo blushes, no one would probably pay attention to it. It looks really dull and boring on the pan, it has no shimmer and is not eye-catching. But once I swatched this on my hand, I knew I had to get it! I've always wanted a matte pinkish-mauveish blush and this is it. It's very pigmented and it gives my NC35 skin a beautiful flush. I am not sure whether Cargo blushes are being discontinued or something, but the Sears near my house was phasing them out. This is my go-to blush when I want a natural look. I love it and I hope they don't stop making it! I bought this for around $16CDN plus tax but it was on clearance and it used to be around $29. I personally think it's a wonderful product for its pice, regardless whether it's 16 or 29, since a little goes a long way. The texture is so buttery smooth and the tin can is adorable! You also get a lot of product in the can. If you have a Cargo kiosk near you, please swatch this before ignoring it in the seas of other beautiful Cargo blushes. It's a great investment and looks very natural on the skin.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

7 years ago

I loved my Cargo blush in Montebello so I was browsing for weeks trying to decide what Cargo blush to buy next. I saw Tonga was an all around favorite in the blogosphere so I decided to purchase it. When I first got the blush I was horrified I paid $23 for what looked like a dull completely matte dusty mauve colour. When I put it on my NC37 skin it looked like it disappeared. Layering it on 3 times I started to notice a slight flush. After experimenting and using this more times I've come to love it. It is completely natural looking and gives you the kind of flattering flush you get when you've lifted some heavy boxes or gone for a jog. Also, once on the skin the pink turns into a brown pink giving you a contoured look. I wouldn't repurchase because its big enough and I have too many others to get through. Also $23 is expensive for a natural flush :) I still think Cargo blushes are too expensive but if you're going to splurge on any natural toned blushes this should be a definite choice to consider.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

Tonga is such a subtle, flattering shade with foolproof application. It's a subtle, pink shade that would match most light to medium skin tones. I love the soft consistency and nice pigmentation, and the fact that I can use it for a day or nighttime look. I have NC 35 skin tone (medium-ish, yellow undertone) and avoid blushes that are too bright, reddish, orange ish, etc. Tonga is perfect! It's buttery soft, pigmented, and so natural and flattering...definitely my go-to blush. It would look great on those with light to medium skin tones, but would definitely not show up on darker skin. Cargo has a variety of shades to choose from, and packaging (metal tin) is fun and functional. Tonga is a beautiful shade and one that many will love!

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age25-29