Barry M Foundation Creme fct1 (white)

3.6

on 6/18/2016 1:41:00 PM

I have the pinker light shade and also the more golden sand one. The fair one has little red flecks in (I've seen this mentioned before.. Some pigment that isn't mixed in well enough I guess), but it runs away easy enough.

The light shade is very warm so avoid it if you usually go for a yellow my undertone. When I mix both together it's perfect, and the sand one alone is amazing when I have a medium spray tan.

Best for: DRY SKIN. This is very moisturising so when I've used a moisturiser/primer it just becomes wet, so I apply it to a completely bare face. It's still very shiny and wet so requires a lot of powder. There's dewy and there's soaking :'D The coverage is sheer to medium (but I do have acne so to me it's not full enough with some extra help).

I've been using this after foundation as an eye brightener. I just pull my foundation right up to my eyes and then blend this in an upside down triangle on top of my foundation. It's working perfectly. I find that every "illuminating" or "brightening" concealer or under eye product is just too dark for my pale skin. But this blended with my porcelain foundation and set with a slightly shimmery powder is fab! It's a really thick consistency but I find that it glides on pretty smoothly, it doesn't stick in my fine lines which is an absolute bonus and also because its thick I really don't have to use much at all. Even with daily use I can see this product lasting me a good 6 months or so. Love it!

To Read all 5 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/21/2013 7:58:00 AM

Like the other reviewers I bought this on beauty blogger recommendations to lighten foundations which were just slightly too dark. I don't have the palest skin but I feel the the tone of my skin matches neither the pink or yellow undertones most foundations lean toward. This completely solves that problem - the smallest amount mixed with foundation on the back of my hand tends to work for me, however I would advise starting with a little of the white creme and building the amount if necessary, so as not to add too much. This hasn't altered the consistency of the foundation in my experience - for reference I've been using it with Rimmel Lasting Perfection in Ivory.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this white base foundation to by the recommendation of a youtuber. He mixed it with his foundation to make it lighter and by god it works. Firstly, I would not recommend applying this to your face as it is because you will just look a patchy mess. Every foundation I buy, the lightest shade is always a little too dark. Take a small plate and pump some foundation in it, squirt a small amount of this and mix, adding more until it's the right shade. This is amazing for lightening foundation. My only gripes with it are, the white foundation feels grainy and when I mix it with my foundations they seem to crease slightly sooner. These negatives are well worth losing the infamous foundation mask though.
Would recommend.

on 1/8/2013 11:28:00 AM

I have pale skin that doesn't fit a lot of the drugstore ranges and I really wanted to try out a white base to use all my failed match foundations. I honestly don't know much about creme foundation and I didn't think about it too much when I picked this up because it was cheap. This product comes out extremely thick and I found it really hard to blend. It takes much longer to blend than liquid foundations and seems really dried out. As a result I found it very hard to mix with most of my watery foundations because even when it looked like I got the right colour, when I applied it, the creme just didn't want to spread out at the same speed as the other foundation. This resulted in being really patchy and uneven. Even when applied by itself, I still found it really hard to work with because of the consistency but if you take the time it does come out smooth, it just takes longer. The actual finish is medium coverage so it doesn't make your face pure white, but you have to be pretty pale to use this alone. I couldn't use this for base though :(