Epionce Ultra Shield Lotion SPF 50

No Image

3.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

In my life search for the perfect facial sunscreen (ongoing), this is one of the best. It applies like a dream; it's unfragranced but has a pleasant smell; it has a sort of whipped mousse consistency that makes it feel light but at the same time it's moisturising; all these aspects make it a pleasure to use. It doesn't ball up under makeup either. It has a good % of zinc oxide, is water resistant, and was recommended by my derm so I know I can trust it for protection. The trade off (and there's always one with SPF) is the GREASE. Makeup slides around on top of it and goes on very sheer, all day I look like I have the sweats. The search continues, but I'll continue to repurchase until I find another, more cosmetically elegant alternative.

on 10/20/2015 11:17:00 AM

This is a pretty good sunscreen, all in all, and I am SUPER picky when it comes to sunscreen!! This goes on smooth and silky with no white cast, is very moisturizing, and has spf 50. Makeup goes on very well over it and does not get cakey.It is a part chemical, part physical sunscreen that actually contains 10.1% zinc oxide, which is a good percentage. I wish it had more actives as far as antioxidants, but honestly, I apply serums and an essence underneath, so I can live with that. Epionce products are often discounted 20% at lovelyskin.com, which lets me buy this for 20 bucks for 2.5 oz., which is an excellent price for a nice sized tube. The thing that might make it "Holy Grail" status is if it were ALL physical - but then it would probably be thick, very white, and impossible to blend in! So far I'm liking it the way it is.

I love this sunscreen--it's basically my HG. I use a lot of sunscreens and the reason this is my favorite is that it is moisturizing without being greasy, doesn't ever break me out, and has some awesome ingredients and high SPF. I have also used and like Elta MD sunscreens. I like this a bit more but they're pretty comparable.

on 1/7/2013 11:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have come to loathe this sunscreen. First of all, it is extremely greasy and I look like I've poured oil over myself. Second, it is a chemical sunscreen so for the first 20 minutes that I have this on, I have to remind myself that it's not working because that's how long it takes for it to be 'activated' before it starts to absorb the UV rays.

There is no scent, but good luck trying to put any makeup over it because it is so greasy. It's also very drying. You mush wear a moisturizer underneath.