Essie As Gold as it Gets - Multi Dimension Top Coat

Essie As Gold as it Gets - Multi Dimension Top Coat

on 7/11/2016 2:50:00 PM

I love Essie's LuxEffects top coats, and this is one of their more subtle ones. As Gold As It Gets is made up of small flakes of gold glitter suspended in a clear base. The glitter particles are not especially dense with this one, and on the nail they don't look super-sparkly or in-your-face. This is perfect for adding some twinkle to your mani or pedi without making it too loud or bling-y. Almost like a gold version of Essie's Pure Pearlfection, but with slightly larger glitter pieces.

Good formula as well. Smooth application and no "fishing" to get the glitter out of the bottle.

I like this a lot and I would buy it again. I think it looks better when layered over darker shades though.

on 2/20/2016 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't see the purpose of this product. It's not a very good top coat, at least not compared to Seche vite. So the reason to use this would be for the gold flecks finish, but those are barely visible!? Especially not on lighter polishes. I wouldn't recommend this. If you want a subtle yet clearly visible touch of gold, try China Glaze's Golden enchantment instead.

This adorable top coat will always be in my collection. This color is more a gold pearlescent look. You can apply this top color as is, or tiffany blue to fire engine red. It enhaces the look of every nail look.

I really like this top coat, it gives a different look over different colors, the only thing I don't like is that it can take a while to dry.

on 1/7/2013 8:46:00 PM

I love this top coat so much. It dries relatively fast and this got me into a gold phase. I looks nice over bare nails too.

Popular Top/Base Coats