Physicians Formula Super BB Cream

Physicians Formula Super BB Cream
Super BB CreamPhysisians Formula Super BB Cream in Light\Medium

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Polysilicone-11, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium, Hectorite. Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-12, Magnesium Silicate, Mica, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 4/3/2017 9:47:00 AM

Overall this is my favorite lower-end BB cream. The "light" is perfect for my skin tone in winter and light/medium works once I've got some sun. It seems a little more substantial than other BB creams I've tried and it is luminous enough to wear in the summer with a bit of powder for my t-zone as a stand alone (and I have a very uneven skin tone so that's really saying something).

Nice Coverage! Gets a cakey texture after a while. I was the color Medium Beige and it was a great match for my skin.

on 12/10/2016 2:24:00 AM

Pros: Good mineral SPF, not too heavy or cakey

Cons: Very warm toned bordering on Orange, drying, settles into fine lines, rubs off everywhere

I bought the SAMPLE SIZE in medium/light from CVS after reading positive reviews here. (Good to know you can get a sample, right?) I'm a cool toned NC25, and this product looked ORANGE on me. I still gave it a go, but at the end of the day, I rested my head on a pillow and orange makeup rubbed off on it. It also felt and looked drying.

At the end of the day, my face felt itchy and I just wanted to take the makeup off. This happens to me with a few products: the old MUFE Face and Body, Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer (but not the original formulation). I don't have very sensitive skin, rarely break out, burn, etc. Physicians Formula has a reputation for being 'natural' and 'safe' and I honestly don't know if they are better than other brands. They could be. The least itchy makeup that I've used from the drugstore was Covergirl AquaSmooth compact foundation.

Edit: After reading EWG for a while, it seems Physicians Formula is, like most brands, a mixed bag when it comes to being 'natural' and 'safe' despite what branding would have us believe. Some products have parabens and other ingredients that are poorly rated on EWG, while others get EWG's best score of 1.

Please, check out my notepad for $10 referral links to Paula's Choice and a few clothing retailers.

on 12/26/2016 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Light to medium coverage, and best applied with a brush (I haven't tried sponge). Price is high for drugstore. You need to set it with a powder, especially in the summer. "Light" colour still a bit dark on my fair skin and I can only pull this off in the summer. Finally, packing is squeeze tube but the opening that the product comes out of is large so I always get a big goop that's more than I needed. I'll try other PF BB creams but likely won't repurchase this as the lightest shade is still too dark for me.

on 9/12/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was an unimpressive drugstore BB cream, in my opinion. Even with the expectation that western BB creams aren't going to be as thick as the original Korean BB creams, this one was very watery and thin, with a weird texture that did not want to blend out and liked to be streaky, when it was visible at all.

Worse, it smelled terrible to me, both in the tube and on my skin. I couldn't stand having it on my face because the smell bothered me so much. (I'm not usually so sensitive to smells, so this was a surprise.) Mine may have been from a bad batch, or something, but it turned me off ever trying it again.

on 10/4/2016 4:05:00 PM

This was my first ever experience with a BB cream. Before I've only every used a cream-to-powder foundation (CoverGirl Smoothers AquaSmooth Compact Foundation), but I got a bit tired of the amount of time it takes me to blend the foundation evenly on my skin, so I decided to go for a cream I can just slap onto my face in the morning and be done with it.

After some research, I decided to try this BB cream. I was looking for something not too oily, as my combination skin would likely not appreciate more oil on my T-zone, and medium to full coverage to replace my foundation. This essentially did the job pretty well. I was happy with the results, and relieved that one of the three (only three!?) tones fit my skin perfectly (Light). The coverage was enough to even out my skin tone and minimize imperfections. It is not an opaque layer though, so you can see the skin underneath, but because I do not have acne (rarely) or much of anything that needs to be hidden, I was happy with the amount of coverage it gave.

After about a month or so of use, I've noticed that sometimes application can be a bit streaky (I just apply with my fingers and smooth it all over my face). However, if I massage it a bit into my skin it looks much better. It does look a bit dewy, so I set it with NYC pressed powder, which helps the finish looks much better. Some people have commented on the smell, and while it doesn't bother me, I did notice a mineral-like/metallic odour when I first got it. I have stopped noticing it however, as it is not too strong. I also notice that it makes my skin slightly itchy, but I have never developed a rash or acne from it, so I can only assume it's from some sort of mineral ingredients in the product (as minerals have made me slightly itchy in the past.) This part is rather annoying, as it makes me tempted to itch my skin lightly, but the cream can rub off easily so I am essentially it wearing it down as the day goes on.

At the end of the day the coverage is very very light and uneven. The product settles into the lines of my skin, especially under my eye and on my eyelids. While this product does have some flaws, I was in general satisfied with my purchase. However, for my next purchase of a BB cream, I will try to find one that makes my skin a bit happier and doesn't cause irritation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Purchased in the light/medium shade. It slightly oxidizes, but not to the point of turning my skin a burnt orange shade.

I don't expect it to even skin tone as well as a fdtn, so will say for light coverage, it does a decent job. Finish is very soft, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the finish resembles a very soft powdery finish. Maybe it's the light finish that gives the illusion of powdery soft.

On the downside, it's drying on my skin, and has a tendency to seep and settle into fine lines. Not rating lower than 2.5 lippies because of the sunscreen and soft finish.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This BB cream oxidized on my skin something awful. The shade range is really limited and the texture is way too thick for my liking, as in this doesn't blend well at all. I look like I'm wearing a poor quality mask that accentuates every pore and imperfection on my face. I also become very oily when wearing this BB cream. If you can get a good shade to match your skin and are not combo/oily then this product might be okay for you. For me... I'll take a pass. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product was a total waste of money. After researching the best drugstore BB creams I decided to try this one. This looked very streaky and made my pores more visible. It almost had a grainy looking texture like the product was not finely milled. Also, I am about an NC30 and the light/medium color was dark on me.

So far the best BB cream I have used is IT Cosmetics CC cream.

on 7/5/2016 5:28:00 AM

This is one of my favourite BB creams. I got it in Light and thought it looked very orange when I first squeezed it out but the colour works well enough even though I'm quite pale. Wouldn't get it if you are buying Ivory shades though. It works almost as well as a foundation in terms of coverage and I often don't even need to use a concealer when I put this on. It does however rub off quite easily, just a gentle brush on your shirt and it comes away orange, even after applying powder. I would probably use a makeup setting spray but that's not an everyday product for me. There is a slight smell which I get a bit sick of so I can't use this a few days in a row. However, this is a great product because it isn't as heavy as foundation yet still gives the coverage and stays on all day minus a little that can rub off sometimes. As many other reviewers have said, I would appreciate if this would come in more shades.