Physicians Formula Super BB Cream

Filtered by hair type : Other
Physicians Formula Super BB Cream
Super BB CreamPhysisians Formula Super BB Cream in Light\Medium

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Polysilicone-11, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium, Hectorite. Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-12, Magnesium Silicate, Mica, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 12/10/2016 2:24:00 AM

Pros: Good mineral SPF, not too heavy or cakey

Cons: Very warm toned bordering on Orange, drying, settles into fine lines, rubs off everywhere

I bought the SAMPLE SIZE in medium/light from CVS after reading positive reviews here. (Good to know you can get a sample, right?) I'm a cool toned NC25, and this product looked ORANGE on me. I still gave it a go, but at the end of the day, I rested my head on a pillow and orange makeup rubbed off on it. It also felt and looked drying.

At the end of the day, my face felt itchy and I just wanted to take the makeup off. This happens to me with a few products: the old MUFE Face and Body, Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer (but not the original formulation). I don't have very sensitive skin, rarely break out, burn, etc. Physicians Formula has a reputation for being 'natural' and 'safe' and I honestly don't know if they are better than other brands. They could be. The least itchy makeup that I've used from the drugstore was Covergirl AquaSmooth compact foundation.

Edit: After reading EWG for a while, it seems Physicians Formula is, like most brands, a mixed bag when it comes to being 'natural' and 'safe' despite what branding would have us believe. Some products have parabens and other ingredients that are poorly rated on EWG, while others get EWG's best score of 1.

Please, check out my notepad for $10 referral links to Paula's Choice and a few clothing retailers.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product was a total waste of money. After researching the best drugstore BB creams I decided to try this one. This looked very streaky and made my pores more visible. It almost had a grainy looking texture like the product was not finely milled. Also, I am about an NC30 and the light/medium color was dark on me.

So far the best BB cream I have used is IT Cosmetics CC cream.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Light to medium color. Lightweight. it has a strong smell. I don't used this that much.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

THE BEST! I have tried ALL of the expensive BB lines ( Boscia, Dr Jart) and this BB cream leaves them in the dust at a fraction of the price.

Coverage is wonderful and great filler for my large pores. I have fair skin with mild rosacea and the 'light' matches perfectly.

on 10/8/2014 2:55:00 PM

This is pretty good for a drug store brand and under $20. Its got a really nice texture, doesnt bother my sensitive skin, and leaves you looking pretty natural. I also like that Physicians Formula is a cruelty free company. I am really sick of looking at all these $45 + price tags, this one is less than $18 dollars, and worth the money.I've tested a bunch of other ones specifically department store brands costing much more and I cant say there is a remarkable difference. At the end of the day its BB cream and I do not expect it to perform like a foundation. So for me, it needs to be somewhat sheer, should have sun protection, and should make you look at bit better than no makeup at all. This one does all that. It lasts pretty well throughout the day. I took one lippie off because I am a NC 25, and I bought the light. However, this comes out with a very slightly pinkish undertone, but it does not dry that way. So if you stack it side by side with say Bobbie Brown BB Cream, it may look a wee bit pink, but it dries NEUTRAL. I am pretty yellow...and it works for me. BTW for reference, I'm fussy. I use custom blend as my foundation and if a foundation doesnt match perfectly, I wont wear it.

on 10/3/2014 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

I like it! I'm NW20 and the light color suits me well. It applies evenly and lasts much of the day, although certainly not all day. It wipes off a little easier than I'd like. It is moisturizing. I have used MAC, NARS, they all are too thick. This is light, easy to wear, and doesn't look excessively made up but has good coverage. The lack of staying power makes up for the lack of feeling like spackle.

This product worked well with my oily combo (mostly oily) skin. Yes I would repurchase for many reasons! It sit well on my face even in the summer time, it also looked better the longer you wear it. My skin does not react too pleasantly to foundations and I did not break out at all from this product. My only concern is that it can get a little cakes if you put too much, just be careful. Start off with a little and add on if needed. It also smelt funky, no so chemical like, just funky (I suck at describing scents) kind of similar to playdoh. And as far as the "BB" part of this product..well BB cream is supposedly a beauty balm that improves the skin. Didn't notice much improvement in my skin. So don't buy this product if you want improved skin. It simply is just a great tinted moisturizer that won't break you out & includes SPF!

Yes! They finally have this is Light! I have light olive skin, very light right now in February and this is a perfect match. I use the light to medium in the summer and it's aso a good match. I have some melasma and a bit of "pregnancy mask" still around my forehead and a few spots here and there and I have noticed that when I use this BB cream all those discolorations are well protected and do not darken. After a year of using this I do believe I can tell they have faded without any effort other than using this. I did have to skip using this last winter bc they didn't have Light. I wrote them, and I believe other people did too because tada now they have Light! So happy!

This can be sheer, medium, or full coverage depending on how much you use and/or how you apply it.

I have normal to dry skin with a few fine laugh lines around the eyes, and this does not exaggerate any imperfections.

I do have to powder the T Zone, but that is A Ok.

This also comes in a cream compact form perfect for the purse & beach! I purchased the light/medium and it seems to be a bit more matte to me. I will be repurchasing the Light version of the compact.

As of today (Feb 16 2014) There are many muchO $3 coupons to be found on a variety of Physicians Formula products. I picked up the two BB creams I spoke of and an organic CC version.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I like this stuff. it has really good full coverage the only issue was the color match is a little too dark for me. It's okay in the summer when i get a chance to tan. The color selection is really limited and the shade below is too light. I got Medium/Deep - the lower option was light/fair i think and looked much too light for me. Overall I think it is a good all in one product that leaves my skin looking smooth, even and hydrated. Coverage will last the whole work day for me. I couldn't decided if to choose yes or no on the re-purchase, I put yes because if I really needed a drug store bb cream this wouldn't be out of the question. There are other BB creams that compare like the rimmel one is similar quality to this one, but the finish of this is more dewy. Its good but if i lost it or ran out i wouldn't necessarily be in need of buying it again. I do enjoy the nice dewy glow it gives me.

I am absolutely in love with this BB cream!! I originally purchased it because I thought the packaging was cute and I was just passing through the aisles at cvs but then I thought "Hey, why don't I try this?" - I read all the 10 reasons it helps with skin and all that, the price is very reasonable (it's drugstore brand, after all), and I wasn't really expecting too much out of it but my skin definitely needed a pick-me-up and a good spf along with a foundation-like coverage to mask my occasional breakouts... I have to say that the first time I put it on, I was blown away with how amazing it was. So moisturizing, solid coverage, matches my skin tone, literally lasts ALL day (and I used during the summer too), when I took pictures of my face close-up it almost looked like the pictures were airbrushed because my skin looked flawless! The bb cream is on the thicker side, but that it something that I love about it (I hate the runny/watery ones... yuck!). Sometimes I'll mix it up with a few drops of the runnier bb creams (like Wet n Wild, $3) to soften it up before applying. I have expensive bb creams but this one is by far one of complete favorites. I would never guess that it was a bb cream that cost me less than $15!!