Physicians Formula Super BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Physicians Formula Super BB Cream
Super BB CreamPhysisians Formula Super BB Cream in Light\Medium

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Polysilicone-11, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium, Hectorite. Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-12, Magnesium Silicate, Mica, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 4/3/2017 9:47:00 AM

Overall this is my favorite lower-end BB cream. The "light" is perfect for my skin tone in winter and light/medium works once I've got some sun. It seems a little more substantial than other BB creams I've tried and it is luminous enough to wear in the summer with a bit of powder for my t-zone as a stand alone (and I have a very uneven skin tone so that's really saying something).

Nice Coverage! Gets a cakey texture after a while. I was the color Medium Beige and it was a great match for my skin.

on 12/10/2016 2:24:00 AM

Pros: Good mineral SPF, not too heavy or cakey

Cons: Very warm toned bordering on Orange, drying, settles into fine lines, rubs off everywhere

I bought the SAMPLE SIZE in medium/light from CVS after reading positive reviews here. (Good to know you can get a sample, right?) I'm a cool toned NC25, and this product looked ORANGE on me. I still gave it a go, but at the end of the day, I rested my head on a pillow and orange makeup rubbed off on it. It also felt and looked drying.

At the end of the day, my face felt itchy and I just wanted to take the makeup off. This happens to me with a few products: the old MUFE Face and Body, Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer (but not the original formulation). I don't have very sensitive skin, rarely break out, burn, etc. Physicians Formula has a reputation for being 'natural' and 'safe' and I honestly don't know if they are better than other brands. They could be. The least itchy makeup that I've used from the drugstore was Covergirl AquaSmooth compact foundation.

Edit: After reading EWG for a while, it seems Physicians Formula is, like most brands, a mixed bag when it comes to being 'natural' and 'safe' despite what branding would have us believe. Some products have parabens and other ingredients that are poorly rated on EWG, while others get EWG's best score of 1.

Please, check out my notepad for $10 referral links to Paula's Choice and a few clothing retailers.

on 10/4/2016 4:05:00 PM

This was my first ever experience with a BB cream. Before I've only every used a cream-to-powder foundation (CoverGirl Smoothers AquaSmooth Compact Foundation), but I got a bit tired of the amount of time it takes me to blend the foundation evenly on my skin, so I decided to go for a cream I can just slap onto my face in the morning and be done with it.

After some research, I decided to try this BB cream. I was looking for something not too oily, as my combination skin would likely not appreciate more oil on my T-zone, and medium to full coverage to replace my foundation. This essentially did the job pretty well. I was happy with the results, and relieved that one of the three (only three!?) tones fit my skin perfectly (Light). The coverage was enough to even out my skin tone and minimize imperfections. It is not an opaque layer though, so you can see the skin underneath, but because I do not have acne (rarely) or much of anything that needs to be hidden, I was happy with the amount of coverage it gave.

After about a month or so of use, I've noticed that sometimes application can be a bit streaky (I just apply with my fingers and smooth it all over my face). However, if I massage it a bit into my skin it looks much better. It does look a bit dewy, so I set it with NYC pressed powder, which helps the finish looks much better. Some people have commented on the smell, and while it doesn't bother me, I did notice a mineral-like/metallic odour when I first got it. I have stopped noticing it however, as it is not too strong. I also notice that it makes my skin slightly itchy, but I have never developed a rash or acne from it, so I can only assume it's from some sort of mineral ingredients in the product (as minerals have made me slightly itchy in the past.) This part is rather annoying, as it makes me tempted to itch my skin lightly, but the cream can rub off easily so I am essentially it wearing it down as the day goes on.

At the end of the day the coverage is very very light and uneven. The product settles into the lines of my skin, especially under my eye and on my eyelids. While this product does have some flaws, I was in general satisfied with my purchase. However, for my next purchase of a BB cream, I will try to find one that makes my skin a bit happier and doesn't cause irritation.

on 9/12/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was an unimpressive drugstore BB cream, in my opinion. Even with the expectation that western BB creams aren't going to be as thick as the original Korean BB creams, this one was very watery and thin, with a weird texture that did not want to blend out and liked to be streaky, when it was visible at all.

Worse, it smelled terrible to me, both in the tube and on my skin. I couldn't stand having it on my face because the smell bothered me so much. (I'm not usually so sensitive to smells, so this was a surprise.) Mine may have been from a bad batch, or something, but it turned me off ever trying it again.

on 11/12/2015 12:19:00 PM

The shade light-medium is a little too light for me but i can make it work. It seems to be lighter or just a different tone than the cc cream if anyone is wondering. The cc cream color matches me better and wears better on me. This bb cream separates/pools after awhile and I get little lines of concentrated bb color. i can reblend it when i notice but it looks pretty weird when it happens. I have both dry and oily areas on my face and this pools up in the oily areas. I do not have extremely oily skin however. If you have slightly oily skin i would try the cc cream instead.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Light to medium color. Lightweight. it has a strong smell. I don't used this that much.

There aren't enough colors to choose from. I'm a medium tone and the light medium is WAY too dark. It's also very greasy and not good as a light wear foundation (as bb cream should be).

Don't like that the packaging doesn't tell you the ingredients or if there's spf in the Super BB Cream. Some BB creams out there have Titanium Dioxide which irritated my eyes. Super in this case meant full coverage. It applies just like a foundation. Rarely have to use foundation with it, simple concealer here and there. The light/medium still is a bit tan for my skin, a better summer choice for tanning. It may almost be too heavy for my oily/combo skin, constantly needing a blotting sheet for my T-zone. Has been doing ok with the drier weather, but the color is off.

Like Annabelle's BB cream over this one.

Works well for my skin type. Bit more expensive than usual drug store brands but I find it much better so worth it!