Physicians Formula Super BB Cream

Physicians Formula Super BB Cream
Super BB CreamPhysisians Formula Super BB Cream in Light\Medium

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Polysilicone-11, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium, Hectorite. Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-12, Magnesium Silicate, Mica, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 10/4/2016 4:05:00 PM

This was my first ever experience with a BB cream. Before I've only every used a cream-to-powder foundation (CoverGirl Smoothers AquaSmooth Compact Foundation), but I got a bit tired of the amount of time it takes me to blend the foundation evenly on my skin, so I decided to go for a cream I can just slap onto my face in the morning and be done with it.

After some research, I decided to try this BB cream. I was looking for something not too oily, as my combination skin would likely not appreciate more oil on my T-zone, and medium to full coverage to replace my foundation. This essentially did the job pretty well. I was happy with the results, and relieved that one of the three (only three!?) tones fit my skin perfectly (Light). The coverage was enough to even out my skin tone and minimize imperfections. It is not an opaque layer though, so you can see the skin underneath, but because I do not have acne (rarely) or much of anything that needs to be hidden, I was happy with the amount of coverage it gave.

After about a month or so of use, I've noticed that sometimes application can be a bit streaky (I just apply with my fingers and smooth it all over my face). However, if I massage it a bit into my skin it looks much better. It does look a bit dewy, so I set it with NYC pressed powder, which helps the finish looks much better. Some people have commented on the smell, and while it doesn't bother me, I did notice a mineral-like/metallic odour when I first got it. I have stopped noticing it however, as it is not too strong. I also notice that it makes my skin slightly itchy, but I have never developed a rash or acne from it, so I can only assume it's from some sort of mineral ingredients in the product (as minerals have made me slightly itchy in the past.) This part is rather annoying, as it makes me tempted to itch my skin lightly, but the cream can rub off easily so I am essentially it wearing it down as the day goes on.

At the end of the day the coverage is very very light and uneven. The product settles into the lines of my skin, especially under my eye and on my eyelids. While this product does have some flaws, I was in general satisfied with my purchase. However, for my next purchase of a BB cream, I will try to find one that makes my skin a bit happier and doesn't cause irritation.

on 9/12/2016 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was an unimpressive drugstore BB cream, in my opinion. Even with the expectation that western BB creams aren't going to be as thick as the original Korean BB creams, this one was very watery and thin, with a weird texture that did not want to blend out and liked to be streaky, when it was visible at all.

Worse, it smelled terrible to me, both in the tube and on my skin. I couldn't stand having it on my face because the smell bothered me so much. (I'm not usually so sensitive to smells, so this was a surprise.) Mine may have been from a bad batch, or something, but it turned me off ever trying it again.

To Read all 168 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/5/2016 5:28:00 AM

This is one of my favourite BB creams. I got it in Light and thought it looked very orange when I first squeezed it out but the colour works well enough even though I'm quite pale. Wouldn't get it if you are buying Ivory shades though. It works almost as well as a foundation in terms of coverage and I often don't even need to use a concealer when I put this on. It does however rub off quite easily, just a gentle brush on your shirt and it comes away orange, even after applying powder. I would probably use a makeup setting spray but that's not an everyday product for me. There is a slight smell which I get a bit sick of so I can't use this a few days in a row. However, this is a great product because it isn't as heavy as foundation yet still gives the coverage and stays on all day minus a little that can rub off sometimes. As many other reviewers have said, I would appreciate if this would come in more shades.

This BB cream oxidized on my skin something awful. The shade range is really limited and the texture is way too thick for my liking, as in this doesn't blend well at all. I look like I'm wearing a poor quality mask that accentuates every pore and imperfection on my face. I also become very oily when wearing this BB cream. If you can get a good shade to match your skin and are not combo/oily then this product might be okay for you. For me... I'll take a pass. Would not repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Purchased in the light/medium shade. It slightly oxidizes, but not to the point of turning my skin a burnt orange shade.

I don't expect it to even skin tone as well as a fdtn, so will say for light coverage, it does a decent job. Finish is very soft, and I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the finish resembles a very soft powdery finish. Maybe it's the light finish that gives the illusion of powdery soft.

On the downside, it's drying on my skin, and has a tendency to seep and settle into fine lines. Not rating lower than 2.5 lippies because of the sunscreen and soft finish.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product was a total waste of money. After researching the best drugstore BB creams I decided to try this one. This looked very streaky and made my pores more visible. It almost had a grainy looking texture like the product was not finely milled. Also, I am about an NC30 and the light/medium color was dark on me.

So far the best BB cream I have used is IT Cosmetics CC cream.

on 5/20/2016 2:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ok. So I've tried the revlon and l'oreal BB creams and this is my favorite of the 3. I don't love it. It's less greasy and has more staying power on my oily skin, but after 2 hours or so it starts separating and sliding around, so I just use it like on my days off when I don't have anything planned but then I need to run to the store for something, taking my dog for a walk, maybe. If I need to look decent out in the world for just a couple of hours and don't want the hassle of applying sunscreen...waiting for it to sink in...applying foundation...blending it out.You see my point. My coach turns into a pumpkin in 2 hours. But I will repurchase for the convenience factor.

I like this stuff. I was looking for something to use as a light foundation with PF Cover-tox-ten powder which I love. The combination with a little blush gives me that air brushed look and the ingredients reflect light, minimizing wrinkles. The spf 30 is a nice bonus.

on 12/12/2015 11:32:00 AM

This was recommended to me by a friend but did NOT work for me. It provided no coverage and I broke out horribly. Even when I used my regular foundation over top, it left me shiny. Would not repurchase

on 11/12/2015 12:19:00 PM

The shade light-medium is a little too light for me but i can make it work. It seems to be lighter or just a different tone than the cc cream if anyone is wondering. The cc cream color matches me better and wears better on me. This bb cream separates/pools after awhile and I get little lines of concentrated bb color. i can reblend it when i notice but it looks pretty weird when it happens. I have both dry and oily areas on my face and this pools up in the oily areas. I do not have extremely oily skin however. If you have slightly oily skin i would try the cc cream instead.