Physicians Formula Super BB Cream

Physicians Formula Super BB Cream
Super BB CreamPhysisians Formula Super BB Cream in Light\Medium

3.7

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Perilla Ocymoides Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Polysilicone-11, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Disodium EDTA, Disteardimonium, Hectorite. Glyceryl Stearate, Laureth-12, Magnesium Silicate, Mica, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Propylene Carbonate, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Xanthan Gum, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First Review EVER!!!! But I had to share with others about this miracle find. I have found my HG bb cream and It is great for sensitive (everything makes me red), Acne prone (everything breaks me out) and dry/oily combination (some spots dry & some spots oily) problematic skin. I apply with my angled/flat top brush (bare minerals precision brush) and blends well. I live in Miami and it doesnt melt off plus has suncreens. It last All day and rinse off very easily. Note: My skin feels softer after using this and feels smooth after I rinse this off, this never happened with Jane Iredale dream tint. I used to use Jane Iredale's makeup line and now I can save my money. I bought the powder and concealer and it woks better than my Jane Iredale makeup. I love this stuff.

on 1/15/2013 11:40:00 PM

I am beginning to be a TOTAL PHYSICIANS FORMULA gal! I got their BB cream recently...I've tried them all...Jane Iredales (which is okay but gets very shiny), Garnier both regular and oil free (I had to buy from England), Maybelline, Estee Lauder and samples of more at Sephora...I don't like them...until this one....It truely gives me a glow but not greasy....Love the coverage and it doesn't seem to sit in my pores like foundation. I had quite a bit of coverage too...without getting cakey if you can believe that one! I am anxious to buy the BB powder and probably gonna have to get it on Ebay since I can't find it anywhere yet...had to buy BB cream on ebay....anyway...my only gripe is that I have this in Light/med and I'm currently almost an NC15...light pale skin with golden undertones....cannot have any pink...this color doesnt really have pink but it IS a tad too dark...I called Physicians Formula and they said they are just out with two basic colors and may expand...I told them they needed a fair color or this product might flop due to that alone....what I am doing is mixing some of my white Mac Face and Body foundation with it to lighten it up..(Yes MAC makes a white foundation just for this reason I think)...I also tried using my Physicians formula Organic Wear Tinted moisturizer which is much lighter and mixing it with my BB cream and that worked quite well so I will probably stick with that..l had to mix them about half and half to get the shade to change much and I really like the tinted moisturizer, it just doesnt have enough coverage...so I will use this because the coverage is so nice and natural with a healthy glow and seems to last a LONG TIME....I sure hope they take our feedback and create a lighter shade...as far as BB creams, I truely think this is the best one out there....I am oily and do fine with it. It does seem moisturizing too but not greasy....some of the BB creams I dont think are that moisturizing but this is. I top it off with my Organic Wear loose powder (or my Elf Yellow correcting powder) and i'm almost blot free all day....So its a great product. If you are NC15, be prepared to mix it with a much lighter foundation to get a light enough color....Also, really try to wait a while before applying powder so that it "sets" otherwise, your powder with the moisture from this will turn your powder darker. Great product...Have thrown all the others away....even the expensive Jane Iredale which was too cakey.

EDIT: March 2013, I still like their BB cream but the color just is not light enough for my skin and so now I am using and LOVING Aveeno's BB cream in Fair/Light....NOVEL IDEA FOLKS but it's actually light enough for us NC15 skinned gals! Plus I just love the glow it gives and non greasy. Try it fair gals.

on 6/17/2013 10:26:00 AM

This is one of the best BB creams out there. It is a creamy liquid which dries to a satin/ matte finish. Very flattering. Offers good coverage for a BB.Not at all greasy but I do use powder over this as I always do, with any BB or foundation.Also fragrance free , a must in my book.Love the fact that it is a mineral sunscreen. If you experience stinging eyes with sunscreens (as I do ) stick to minerals like titanium dioxide or zinc oxide,far less irritating than the chemical sunscreens.The only downside is there are only two colours available so for some it will be impossible to get a colour match. I wear the lightest colour and it's fine on my NW 15-20 complexion.But be realistic about the firming claims.This won't happen.But it won't happen with any BB cream.Highly recommended.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

To start, let me emphasize that I have a light olive complexion. I am typically a MAC NC30 with strong olive undertones, clear skin and a small (dime size) red birthmark on my chin.

I bought this BB cream at CVS (shout out to the $3.00 off on box coupon). In the past I have tried Garnier's BB and was left an awful greasy mess. I have tried samples from Missha, Skin79 and Dr.Jart as well and have never been satisfied.

This is now my go to face product. I apply with my hands a pea size amount, powder with MAC MSF in medium plus and am good for my entire day. I start work at 8:00 and still look perfect by 5:00. It hasn't broken me out and feels incredible on my skin. It covers my birthmark about 90% and allows me enough coverage to go about my day without feeling like I'm wearing a mask.

It's worth noting that it comes out of the tube looking a little orange, but one it melts into your skin I was happy to see it translate into a nice neutral color that was easily perfected with a light dusting of my powder.

All in all, the results you get with this is amazing. It does everything I've been wishing a BB cream would. The price is reasonable, and the performance unmatched.

on 5/13/2013 10:37:00 AM

This is a conversation I had with my boyfriend while wearing physicians formula super BB cream light/medium:
Me: Can you get me a make up removing wipe?
Him: Do you even have on make up?
Me: Yes, its bb cream. Basically suppose to blurr my pimples
Him: That is exactly what it does. I can't see them unless I get really close to your face.
Me: AWESOME!

Positive review.

on 12/13/2013 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is an awesome BB cream if you have NC25ish or darker skin. I have the Light/Medium and it's too dark now that my skin has lightened (about NC20). I also bought the matching BB powder which was great as well, I used it to set this BB cream and it was light, silky and natural looking. The BB cream is not really comparable to Korean BB's but still one of the much better American drugstore options. It comes out feeling slightly heavier than many tinted moisturisers but feels very light on skin. You will still most likely need concealer for any blemishes, dark circles or discolouration.

What I liked: Light texture, easy to blend, satin finish that looks very natural, non-caking and non-drying, light-almost medium coverage that is slightly buildable and has more coverage than your average tinted moisturiser, all-physical SPF (with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, better for sensitive skin) and did not make my skin feel greasy. Comes in a convenient squeeze tube.

What I don't like: Lack of colour options.

I'm giving this 4/5 lippies because although the product is great, the colour range stinks - there is nothing for lighter nor darker skin. Light/Medium is too dark for lighter skin tones so there really is no option for fair to light skin. The 2 shades available obviously won't match everyone. If it wasn't for that it would be the best drugstore BB I've tried to date - luckily I found my HG in Missha Super Aqua Snail BB.

on 6/23/2013 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I did a lot of research on BB creams before I decided to purchase Physicians Formula Super BB Cream. That way I would not have to waste extra money on BB creams that are basically tinted moisturizers as what is out there in drugstore brands. This Super BB cream is nice for what it does to my sensitive, combination skin. My skin texture seems like it feels smoother after each use and there are no signs of breakouts or irritation and that is a good thing.

The coverage is light to medium but build-able, though don't build too much of the product or your face starts looking very unnatural. A little goes a long way due to the formula being very thick and creamy. It can get shiny looking after 3 to 4 hours of wear so I always set it with a little powder. Be sure to shake the tube before every use also because the BB cream will kind of separate in the tube if it has been sitting there for a long time.

The SPF is 30, which is great for the summer time and the sun protection is mineral based, which is better for your skin than added chemical sun blocks. The packaging is pretty and I really like that you can see what the product looks like through the little window on the tube.
My only issue is that the Super BB Cream only comes in two shades, light/medium and medium/dark. And the two BB shades only cater to people with warm/golden undertones so it can be too dark if your fair or too orange if cool toned and that is a bummer, since Physicians Formula can really get more customers if they had more shades to offer. Because of the two shade offering, I can wear the light/medium shade mainly in the summer months but will not be able to wear it in the winter months from my face lightening up again. Over all good drugstore BB cream though I can only use it on a seasonal basis.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This BB cream made a great impression on me so far! The only other BB cream I own is the Maybelline BB cream, which I didn't care for, because I felt that it was an underperforming, very sheer tinted moisturizer, and nothing more. In comparison, the PF cream is nice and thick, spreads easily, covers well, and leaves behind a somewhat dewy finish that holds up surprisingly well on my oily skin (though it is winter). I liked this so much that I bought a tube for my dry-skinned daughter to try, and she loves it too. I'm around a neutral 20, and the light medium matches well. I bought it during the recent 40% off sale at Rite Aid, used the $3 coupon on the box plus a $4 dollar Rite Aid facebook coupon, and basically only spent about $2 for this wonderful product. I will most likely repurchase in the future.

I love this BB cream. It is the best by far. The powder is awesome as well. They come with a $3 off coupon which is awesome and check out for there buy one get one 50% off.
Im an nc 42 in mac i bought the medium dark and it blends wonderful. Gives perfect coverage works as a primer also moisturizer. I just out this one concealer under my eyes and the powder some blush and im good to go. I Bought the two that came on the display thats how much i loved it, It didnt break me out which is a plus. The packaging is so cute.
I apply this with my beauty belnder and it just gives you that flawless look and you dont need to use much product at all. When you squeeze it out it looks orangey but ones you put it on it blends perfectly it does not oxidize and stays on allllllll day literally all day.
Which is awesome. I have tried all drugstore BBcreams and they all look greasy. This is not greasy its easy to blend once it is blendy it leaves your skin so silky almost velvety.
It not completely Matte finish its demi matte does not look greasy at all, i have oily skin.
Im telling you ladies you wont regret it.......
I would recommend this to everybody and repurchase it once i run out of the two bottles i have.

on 1/11/2015 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

If you have dry skin at the best of times, and crack and chap-prone skin during the bad times, THIS is for YOU.

This BB cream offers more cover than the average beauty balm, so I can always bet on light to light/medium coverage. It is beautifully creamy, spreads easily and blends without any problems. It goes on very dewy (not oily) and sets to a very attractive semi-matte finish without accentuating my pores. And it covers those pesky red and flaky dry patches nicely during the winter months.

I am actually more of an Estee Lauder kinda girl, but even EL's BB creams (I own both the double wear and the Day Wear) don't protect my skin during the winter. I apply a generous layer of PF super BB cream and follow it with my ELDW concealer on more obvious blemishes, and the result lasts throughout a long work day.

Honestly, if you have very dry skin and you (a) like the idea of trying a BB cream, and (b) can't find a foundation hydrating enough, this is the BB cream to get.