Garnier Olia

Garnier Olia

2.5

Colorant: Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Aqua/Water/Eau, Ethanolamine, Steareth-20, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Polysorbate 21, Toluene-2,5-Diamine, Steareth-2, Resorcinol, Parfum/Fragrance, M-Aminophenol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, Sodium Metabisulfite, N,N-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Edta, Polyquaternium-67, Hydroxybenzomorpholine, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin.After Color Conditioner: Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Cetrimonium Chloride.Developer: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the worst hair color I've ever tried. Even though it's allegedly 60% oils, my hair felt really damaged after I used this. I'm on the Mermeida method which actually recommends this product but I wasn't pleased with their pick. I usually love their recommendations, but not this one.

on 2/12/2017 12:28:00 PM

I have read so many bad reviews on here about this product, luckily I didn't read them before using it. I decided to dye my light blonde hair darker for the winter I just fancied a change, this was a huge decision as I have always been blonde. Anyway I picked up the light golden brown 6.3 olia hair dye in Walmart for about $8, I left the product on my hair for about 35-40 minutes (the instructions say 30) before massaging my hair and rinsing it out. I am over the moon with my results, my hair looks and feels amazing and the colour is gorgeous, I've had so many compliments. I have now had this colour for almost a week, I left it three days before washing to allow the colour to lock in, and after the first wash I see no signs of fading so fingers crossed the colour lasts a while, I also didn't use all of the after care conditioner it come with so I used it again when I did my first wash. All in all I am extremely happy with this product and colour and would recommend to others to try.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Background: my hair is a dirty blonde naturally and after a year of no coloring, I had about 4-5 inches of that color roots and 4-5 inches of bright blonde at bottom. Picked up Olia in Light Pearl Blonde to try to even it all out. What a mistake. It turned my roots a gingery blonde color, nothing like the box described. Like orange, not even close to blonde. Was all patchy, too. Had to pick up a toner to cover all my hair in a dark ashy blonde to rectify the situation. Plus they hardly give you any product!! Why are box dyes skimping on product? It should be enough in a box to do my length at minimum! Long story short- Olia is terrible, never again.

on 10/17/2016 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I dyed my hair for the very first time in my life a few weeks ago. I used the deep violet on my dark brown hair to enhance the color. The color did not show up as intensely as on the box which is not a surprise and that I knew already. In low light, my hair looks black. When there is enough light, my hair shows up as a reddish color, kinda burgundy but really on the red side rather than purple. I actually like it though I could probably give red a try next time. It's ben 3 weeks and the color has not faded. From time to time, I use the revlon nutri color creme in violet to enhance the color and then you can see the violet better.
As for the product itself, it has a nice smell and does not stink. The amount was more than enough for my shoulder length fine hair. I did not even need to use all to cover everything.
My hair does not feel dry. It has a nice shine and feels quite nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been dying my hair for over ten years and have used several brands of at home hair dye kits. This hair dye is the absolute worst thing I have ever put in my hair. This is the first and only time that dying my hair resulted having to see a professional to color correct my hair because it was so bad. Because of this hair dye I did not dye my hair at all for almost 3 years.

At the time I was dying my hair with L’oreal Feria #56 auburn brown. I had chosen the Olia dye in a similar shade and it had been over a month since the last time it was dyed. I thought it would benefit me to try this since it doesn’t have ammonia in it and is made with oils. I would think this would be better for my hair so why not.

The instructions were basic and easy to follow. The gloves were okay. The weird egg shape of the bottle applicator was awkward to hold and I was afraid it would slip out of my hand during application. The dye washed out easily enough and didn’t stain my scalp. However, the result was a mess of patchy uneven color, none of which matched what it was supposed to be. Some places were a dull brown while others were bright red. My hair was a crunchy mess and the conditioner was pretty much useless.

Even the cheap Revlon hair dye has never messed my hair up as much as this dye did.

My hair was left in such poor condition I didn't dare try to fix it on my own. I spent almost $200 to professionally lift what hair dye could be removed so it could be colored over evenly. I discontinued coloring my hair completely to allow it to grow out so I could cut off all the hair this dye damaged.

This was three years ago but the reviews still show this product is garbage.

PROS
doesn’t smell too strong
doesn’t stain scalp

CONS
inconsistant, patchy color
dries out hair
awkward shaped applicator bottle

on 8/31/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This doesnt make any difference in your hair besides damaging it,I've tried the light brown and the dark brown and my hair looked exactly the same each time,there was no difference in the color of my hair,the only thing different was that my hair got damaged

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've dyed my hair ginger in the past and never had a problem using other products. The packaging and 'helthier hair' promise on the box made me choose this one. (7.40 intense copper). I was very excited to try this out as no other brand offered the same intense orange colour, however upon rincing it out I'm incredibly dossapointed. First thing I noticed was that a fair amount of my hair fell out. The once I dried it, it had gone all patchy, some areas are bright and others have not taken the dye at all. I'm not going to have to rush out and do it again today (which is not healthier for my hair!) so that I don't have to go in to work like this tomorrow. Not happy at all.

Love this product. I've been using 7.40 and it's wonderful. Smells good, easy to apply. Fades in 2 weeks unfortunately, but i will still keep buying this.

on 5/1/2016 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this today and am very happy with the result. I used Dark Blonde on my light brown hair and the result is perfect. I have very short hair so just mixed equal quantities of the colorant and developer instead of using the whole lot. I have yet to see how long the colour lasts without fading or going brassy. Will update my review when I know. I stopped using L'Oréal Casting as it fried my hair and went orange after a while.

on 2/26/2016 7:19:00 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the improved formula box has a lot less hair color? It barely covered just my roots this time.

Popular Hair Color Products