Garnier Olia Brilliant Color

Garnier Olia Brilliant Color

2.5

Colorant: Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Aqua/Water/Eau, Ethanolamine, Steareth-20, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Polysorbate 21, Toluene-2,5-Diamine, Steareth-2, Resorcinol, Parfum/Fragrance, M-Aminophenol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, Sodium Metabisulfite, N,N-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Edta, Polyquaternium-67, Hydroxybenzomorpholine, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin.After Color Conditioner: Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Cetrimonium Chloride.Developer: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid.

on 11/26/2018 3:24:00 AM

I bought this hair dye in one of the dark brown shades, I usually buy two boxes for my long hair and usually have lots of excess to touch up spots and such. But I literally was scraping my second bottle just to finish the job...

When it came out it was quite patchy and turned out black on my light brown hair. My hair is much drier and duller now as well.

Just avoid this product as best you can.

on 11/6/2018 7:27:00 PM

I have mid-length, "mousey" brown hair with a bit of grey starting. I've had a bit of experience with different home hair colouring brands, and after growing my roots out to chin length, decided to try out this brand in Bold Rose Gold. Results were not consistent, which I'd never experienced with home hair colour before - I find that usually the results are more uniform, however saturated (or not) the final results may be. At least it blends in, and sort of looks natural. It didn't stick to the grey I have at all, which is to be expected (I'm around 15% grey). It did give a nice subtle rose colour where it did hold, and the colour really held to about 60% of my hair. It's far from a bright, bold result though. The tips of my hair still had some of an older bleach job on them, and the results were much more of a bright rose colour there. So I think for this colour to give bold results, it's best if your hair is bleached to begin with, that's my tip.

on 9/22/2018 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to go back dark and had mad CVS rewards for this — this in soft black and also I got Natural Instincts midnight black. I’m fair and rosy and old 39.5 years; nw15; natural color dark brown. Bleach was eating my hair alive and I want my dark brown/soft black bob back w no ammonia. I also will retry henna & indigo if I decide I permanently want this color. Since I went from blonde I filled with orange, started w this ammonia free perm color so it sticks and will retouch with the natural instincts and/or hendigo. (But can color oops this out just in case). It seems though now that reading reviews I should’ve went straight to natural instincts midnight. I called the hotline it’s 20 volume developer with soft black.

Anyway, I gave 4 stars although I did love the color and shine. Deducted one for amount given (barely enough for my pixie!) and for the inane shape of the bottle which gets slippery as you use it and shoots across the room like a crazy staining ink cartoon dart of blackness. Omg please rethink this bottle Garnier! It’s so un-user friendly it’s CRAZYYY

To sum up, I will not buy this again. Definitely going with natural instincts which is lower developer deposit only and reviewers say lasts longer than perm dyes with even less damage and more shine!!! Please pour contents in a bowl and use brush. Do not use that stupid bulbous bottle!

Very annoyed with this hair dye, i used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago, never had any problems with any other brand but this one is awful.
I dyed it black, there was very little hair dye in the box which barely covered 1/4 of my hair. I always make sure i get the permanent hair dye and after washing my hair a few times its patchy with my natural colour coming through is random spots. I cant afford anymore dye since i already had to buy 4 bottles, my hair now feels awful and is falling out so cant even dye over with another brand.
So to sum up : its not permanent, my hair is destroyed and falling out, price is not worth it. I will NEVER use this brand again. Waste of time and money. Also on the box its advertised 'covers full head' my hair is down to my shoulders and never covered it, not even close.

on 8/2/2018 8:00:00 PM

I have been using Olia since it came out and have been consistently happy with it, until the last six months. The previous box that I used contained half the product in both the colourant and the activator, and with the one I used today, the applicator bottle was faulty. It seemed as normal but as I was applying it I realized that the applicator top was not screwed on securely so the mixture was leaking out all over my hands and bathroom counter. I tried several times to re-screw the top onto the bottle with no luck - it kept leaking. Eventually I had to just remove it and pour it into my hands to apply. What is up lately with this product??? If I have additional issues the next time I will have to switch to something else..

on 1/31/2018 1:46:00 PM

I previously used Revlon Colorsilk, but their buttercream formulas became hard to find and the new formulas dried out my hair. Since Colorsilk did not contain ammonia, I thought I would try Olia. First, Med Pearl Blonde=good result; Med blonde=good result; Dark blonde=disaster. I am now a brunette! I really hope this color fades fast because it looks NOTHING like the picture on the box and is very ashey. I wish I would have gone with the new Rose Gold color instead, but I was afraid it would look pinkish. Don't know if I'd buy this product again, but definitely NOT this shade!

on 11/24/2017 10:32:00 PM

I used this instead of one of the Garnier Ultra colours following a bad experience with it. Both fried my hair and not only came out in the rain onto my clothes following several washes it also went onto a hotel's white towels and while still damp the hotel's white bedding. My hair was left in incredibly bad condition. The colour itself started off OK but faded to a horrible red. I told Garnier on Facebook and they asked me to privately message instead! I emailed them and received no reply. I will never buy Garnier hair colour again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've use Garnier products before. This was 5.0 Brown. The applicator bottle was such a strange shape it was very difficult to hang onto while applying. In addition having to add the developer yourself seems like a waste of containers. My hair is medium long and I was surprised that I did not have enough product to properly cover my hair. Very disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this product. I used to be a hairdresser back in the day and usually still buy my goldwell hair colour from the salon wholesalers but on a whim i picked this up in golden ash blonde. Its gorgeous. Hair feels better than when I colour it with goldewell. As with all hair colours, if you have long hair buy 2 boxes, if extremely long, buy three (if using as a full head colour and not just roots) otherwise you will get a patchy colour as all the hair wont be saturated enough. I do my roots and leave on for 20 mins before applying to my whole head otherwise the ends go darker. I find if i use a box colour I have ro not wash my hair for about 3 days otherwise it fades too fast. I did this with olia and although i’ve had a bit of fading (as you do will all colours) its been minimal. If you are using a red shade, this will fade much faster, this is true for all brands, red just fades faster than any other colour. Im sticking with this colour from now on and hope they never stop making it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Garnier Whole Blends Olive leave in conditioner I love this stuff. This has replaced My Paul Mitchel leave in that I have used for decades. Please don't quit making it.

Popular Hair Color Products