Garnier Olia

Garnier Olia

2.5

Colorant: Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Aqua/Water/Eau, Ethanolamine, Steareth-20, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Polysorbate 21, Toluene-2,5-Diamine, Steareth-2, Resorcinol, Parfum/Fragrance, M-Aminophenol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, Sodium Metabisulfite, N,N-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Edta, Polyquaternium-67, Hydroxybenzomorpholine, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin.After Color Conditioner: Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Cetrimonium Chloride.Developer: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've dyed my hair ginger in the past and never had a problem using other products. The packaging and 'helthier hair' promise on the box made me choose this one. (7.40 intense copper). I was very excited to try this out as no other brand offered the same intense orange colour, however upon rincing it out I'm incredibly dossapointed. First thing I noticed was that a fair amount of my hair fell out. The once I dried it, it had gone all patchy, some areas are bright and others have not taken the dye at all. I'm not going to have to rush out and do it again today (which is not healthier for my hair!) so that I don't have to go in to work like this tomorrow. Not happy at all.

Love this product. I've been using 7.40 and it's wonderful. Smells good, easy to apply. Fades in 2 weeks unfortunately, but i will still keep buying this.

To Read all 403 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/1/2016 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this today and am very happy with the result. I used Dark Blonde on my light brown hair and the result is perfect. I have very short hair so just mixed equal quantities of the colorant and developer instead of using the whole lot. I have yet to see how long the colour lasts without fading or going brassy. Will update my review when I know. I stopped using L'Oréal Casting as it fried my hair and went orange after a while.

on 2/26/2016 7:19:00 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the improved formula box has a lot less hair color? It barely covered just my roots this time.

on 1/27/2016 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I soooo wanted to love this product, however I can't say that I did. The idea of an oil in your hair color sounded very appealing. How could it not? Conditioning while coloring all in one all for less than $10! Quite honestly I feel like I get better results with my favorite Revlon Colorsilk that I purchase for around $3 at my local Target. The applicator bottle for the Olia is shaped like an oval which slipped out of my gloved hand while trying to apply resulting in hair color splattered all over my bathroom counter so in addition to application time, be sure to add in cleanup time to the process as I've read that this is a fairly common occurrence while using this product. Overall Garner Olia is just okay for the actual color and product, however I don't think that I will repurchase it when I know that I can get better (and less messy) results from my Revlon Colorsilk at less than half the time and price.

Check out my review (along with many others) on youtube!

on 12/18/2015 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair stylists will kill me for loving box dye. I'm too busy to sit 6.5 hours in a salon for the works. The packaging is uber amazing. I've used box dyes in the past and the gloves were awful and thin. Barely protecting your hands. This is no fuss hair color in a box. Highlights and lowlights I'll occasionally splurge at a salon. I would be silly to think my dyed light brown hair will be honey blonde by way of box dye.

Reviewing "Darkest Brown" shade 3.0.

I hadn't dyed my hair in years, but then I had an existential crisis and decided to dye my hair because why not.
I was browsing the hair dye aisle at the supermarket and I saw this product. I've seen the commercials, and I figured that oil = healthy hair, so I went ahead and bought two boxes of "darkest brown", shade 3.0, which is about two shades darker than my natural hair.
I honestly liked the bulb-shape applicator bottle. It fit nicely into my hand. The mixing instructions were very clear, and the gloves were decent-quality.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it smelled good, but it wasn't horrible. I couldn't detect any ammonia smell and it didn't burn my eyes or my scalp.
It had a workable consistency to it. It didn't drip but it was easy to work through my hair.
After the instructed 30 minutes, I rinsed it out. It actually rinsed out easily and I had minimal "bleeding" on my towel.
After rinsing it out, everything went downhill. Sure, the color is great. It's rich, it's dark, it's what I wanted. But my hair itself...it's fried. The after-color conditioner? It's a joke. It made my hair not as tangled, but it still remained crispy. I've been being extra gentle with my hair in hopes that it will recover. In the past when I used to dye my hair regularly, I used cheap hair dye, like $4 per box cheap and it didn't damage my hair as much as this dye did.

Pros

Reasonably priced
Good color
Workable consistency
Mild smell, no eye burning
Applicator bottle is nice

Cons
Hair is fried
So very very very fried

Please, just think of your hair and don't subject it to this torture.

on 12/4/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, after much cajoling by L'oreal who owns Garnier I was sent some new shades to try 5.9 and 6.9. The new brunette cool bronze's shades.

This colour line is the same oil powered technology of Loreal prodigy. Lets just say I was not at all impressed with the coverage or the tenacity. Like i have said before all drugstore hair colorants are not pigment rich. If you have white hair above 25% you will not get the opacity of coverage or the colour tenacity.

L'oreal professionals salon colour line Inoa and Inoa supreme are so called ammonia free however they utilise a similar no odour alkaline chemical EMA which swells the hair fibre to enable the colour molecules into the hair cortex.

The only thing thats good about Olia is that if you don't like the colour result or lack off you won't have to worry about stripping it out, several shampoo's and its faded out.

This stuff left my hair in terrible condition. But first we'll start with the bottle design. The applicator is an egg shape. When you get the product on your hands and try to squeeze the bottle it slips out of them. Poorly designed. My applicator tip also got clogged.
As I was washing it out in the shower I noticed my hair felt dry and very clumpy. Oh well, that's what the conditioner they give you is for, right? Well it helped with the texture and tangles but my hair still felt dry. First couple of days were OK but I noticed my hair looking dry and stringy about day 3. Skip to a week later and my hair is so dry, stringy and breaking every time I brush it I thought I needed vitamins. It never occurred to me it was the Olia that did this until I saw the reviews here.
The color turned out great but it killed my hair. And I've been coloring my hair at home for 20 years (I'm a natural blonde so any blonde color will work in my hair) The only time my hair was this fried from coloring was when it pulled ot through a cap and used bleach but didn't read the directions and just rinsed it out when I was supposed to shampoo it out.
Been about 3 weeks and I'm getting a different brand and coloring my hair to see if I can't soften it up some.

I decided to try this product because it was amonia free, and I hate the smell of normal hair dyes. I used the colour chocolate brown ? about a month ago and the colour is still going strong- it hasn't faded like other hair dyes have with my hair. I dislike the shape of the bottle- nearly dropped it a few times. Another dislike is in the instructions it could be a little clearer when talking about rinsing out the dye, I know to use luke warm water when rinsing out hair dye as I have used home dyes before, but what about those that haven't done it before and don't know to use luke warm water ? Cute packaging, like the pop out on the back to place the bottle in to prevent it tipping over or getting product everywhere when preparing the dye. The conditioner worked really well and smelt lovely.