Garnier Olia

Garnier Olia
OliaOliaOliaOliaOlia

2.5

Colorant: Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Aqua/Water/Eau, Ethanolamine, Steareth-20, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Polysorbate 21, Toluene-2,5-Diamine, Steareth-2, Resorcinol, Parfum/Fragrance, M-Aminophenol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, Sodium Metabisulfite, N,N-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Edta, Polyquaternium-67, Hydroxybenzomorpholine, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin.After Color Conditioner: Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Cetrimonium Chloride.Developer: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid.

on 10/17/2016 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I dyed my hair for the very first time in my life a few weeks ago. I used the deep violet on my dark brown hair to enhance the color. The color did not show up as intensely as on the box which is not a surprise and that I knew already. In low light, my hair looks black. When there is enough light, my hair shows up as a reddish color, kinda burgundy but really on the red side rather than purple. I actually like it though I could probably give red a try next time. It's ben 3 weeks and the color has not faded. From time to time, I use the revlon nutri color creme in violet to enhance the color and then you can see the violet better.
As for the product itself, it has a nice smell and does not stink. The amount was more than enough for my shoulder length fine hair. I did not even need to use all to cover everything.
My hair does not feel dry. It has a nice shine and feels quite nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been dying my hair for over ten years and have used several brands of at home hair dye kits. This hair dye is the absolute worst thing I have ever put in my hair. This is the first and only time that dying my hair resulted having to see a professional to color correct my hair because it was so bad. Because of this hair dye I did not dye my hair at all for almost 3 years.

At the time I was dying my hair with L’oreal Feria #56 auburn brown. I had chosen the Olia dye in a similar shade and it had been over a month since the last time it was dyed. I thought it would benefit me to try this since it doesn’t have ammonia in it and is made with oils. I would think this would be better for my hair so why not.

The instructions were basic and easy to follow. The gloves were okay. The weird egg shape of the bottle applicator was awkward to hold and I was afraid it would slip out of my hand during application. The dye washed out easily enough and didn’t stain my scalp. However, the result was a mess of patchy uneven color, none of which matched what it was supposed to be. Some places were a dull brown while others were bright red. My hair was a crunchy mess and the conditioner was pretty much useless.

Even the cheap Revlon hair dye has never messed my hair up as much as this dye did.

My hair was left in such poor condition I didn't dare try to fix it on my own. I spent almost $200 to professionally lift what hair dye could be removed so it could be colored over evenly. I discontinued coloring my hair completely to allow it to grow out so I could cut off all the hair this dye damaged.

This was three years ago but the reviews still show this product is garbage.

PROS
doesn’t smell too strong
doesn’t stain scalp

CONS
inconsistant, patchy color
dries out hair
awkward shaped applicator bottle

To Read all 406 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/31/2016 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This doesnt make any difference in your hair besides damaging it,I've tried the light brown and the dark brown and my hair looked exactly the same each time,there was no difference in the color of my hair,the only thing different was that my hair got damaged

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've dyed my hair ginger in the past and never had a problem using other products. The packaging and 'helthier hair' promise on the box made me choose this one. (7.40 intense copper). I was very excited to try this out as no other brand offered the same intense orange colour, however upon rincing it out I'm incredibly dossapointed. First thing I noticed was that a fair amount of my hair fell out. The once I dried it, it had gone all patchy, some areas are bright and others have not taken the dye at all. I'm not going to have to rush out and do it again today (which is not healthier for my hair!) so that I don't have to go in to work like this tomorrow. Not happy at all.

Love this product. I've been using 7.40 and it's wonderful. Smells good, easy to apply. Fades in 2 weeks unfortunately, but i will still keep buying this.

on 5/1/2016 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this today and am very happy with the result. I used Dark Blonde on my light brown hair and the result is perfect. I have very short hair so just mixed equal quantities of the colorant and developer instead of using the whole lot. I have yet to see how long the colour lasts without fading or going brassy. Will update my review when I know. I stopped using L'Oréal Casting as it fried my hair and went orange after a while.

on 2/26/2016 7:19:00 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the improved formula box has a lot less hair color? It barely covered just my roots this time.

on 1/27/2016 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I soooo wanted to love this product, however I can't say that I did. The idea of an oil in your hair color sounded very appealing. How could it not? Conditioning while coloring all in one all for less than $10! Quite honestly I feel like I get better results with my favorite Revlon Colorsilk that I purchase for around $3 at my local Target. The applicator bottle for the Olia is shaped like an oval which slipped out of my gloved hand while trying to apply resulting in hair color splattered all over my bathroom counter so in addition to application time, be sure to add in cleanup time to the process as I've read that this is a fairly common occurrence while using this product. Overall Garner Olia is just okay for the actual color and product, however I don't think that I will repurchase it when I know that I can get better (and less messy) results from my Revlon Colorsilk at less than half the time and price.

Check out my review (along with many others) on youtube!

on 12/18/2015 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair stylists will kill me for loving box dye. I'm too busy to sit 6.5 hours in a salon for the works. The packaging is uber amazing. I've used box dyes in the past and the gloves were awful and thin. Barely protecting your hands. This is no fuss hair color in a box. Highlights and lowlights I'll occasionally splurge at a salon. I would be silly to think my dyed light brown hair will be honey blonde by way of box dye.

Reviewing "Darkest Brown" shade 3.0.

I hadn't dyed my hair in years, but then I had an existential crisis and decided to dye my hair because why not.
I was browsing the hair dye aisle at the supermarket and I saw this product. I've seen the commercials, and I figured that oil = healthy hair, so I went ahead and bought two boxes of "darkest brown", shade 3.0, which is about two shades darker than my natural hair.
I honestly liked the bulb-shape applicator bottle. It fit nicely into my hand. The mixing instructions were very clear, and the gloves were decent-quality.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it smelled good, but it wasn't horrible. I couldn't detect any ammonia smell and it didn't burn my eyes or my scalp.
It had a workable consistency to it. It didn't drip but it was easy to work through my hair.
After the instructed 30 minutes, I rinsed it out. It actually rinsed out easily and I had minimal "bleeding" on my towel.
After rinsing it out, everything went downhill. Sure, the color is great. It's rich, it's dark, it's what I wanted. But my hair itself...it's fried. The after-color conditioner? It's a joke. It made my hair not as tangled, but it still remained crispy. I've been being extra gentle with my hair in hopes that it will recover. In the past when I used to dye my hair regularly, I used cheap hair dye, like $4 per box cheap and it didn't damage my hair as much as this dye did.

Pros

Reasonably priced
Good color
Workable consistency
Mild smell, no eye burning
Applicator bottle is nice

Cons
Hair is fried
So very very very fried

Please, just think of your hair and don't subject it to this torture.