Garnier Olia

Garnier Olia

2.5

Colorant: Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Aqua/Water/Eau, Ethanolamine, Steareth-20, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Polysorbate 21, Toluene-2,5-Diamine, Steareth-2, Resorcinol, Parfum/Fragrance, M-Aminophenol, 2,4-Diaminophenoxyethanol Hcl, Sodium Metabisulfite, N,N-Bis(2-Hydroxyethyl)-P-Phenylenediamine Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Edta, Polyquaternium-67, Hydroxybenzomorpholine, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba Seed Oil/Meadowfoam Seed Oil, Passiflora Incarnata/Passiflora Incarnata Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Thioglycerin.After Color Conditioner: Aqua/Water/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Amodimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Isopropyl Alcohol, Trideceth-6, Citric Acid, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Cetrimonium Chloride.Developer: Aqua/Water/Eau, Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minerale, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Steareth-20, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide, Glycerin, Polyquaternium-6, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Tocopherol, Pentasodium Pentetate, Sodium Stannate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Phosphoric Acid.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Garnier Whole Blends Olive leave in conditioner I love this stuff. This has replaced My Paul Mitchel leave in that I have used for decades. Please don't quit making it.

on 7/26/2017 3:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bought Olia's Dark Garnet (red shade) colour and hadn't researched the brand at all before use. I am happy I hadn't read these reviews before trying Olia as it came out 100 times better than I could have ever expected. Alot of these reviews complain about the application bottle being hard to use, and I can understand that if you are using the gloves that come with the product it may slip from your hands easily, but I always make sure to have my own silicone gloves handy when dying my hair as they fit better and don't feel like you're wearing a sandwich bag on your hands! So maybe this will help anybody having that problem in the future when dying hair because most of the gloves supplied with box dyes are generally quite terrible! :)

I found the colour itself very easy to put on, smells great and is creamy which makes it easy to spread. I have naturally medium brown hair which has been dyed, bleached and very damaged over time (but is alot better now from various treatments and regular trims!) and was worried how the red tones would come out but I was absolutely delighted to be honest! Rich, vibrant colour even when wet. After drying, my hair felt smooth, soft and looked shiney and I hadn't even used the conditioner that came with it (as I unfortunately misplaced it somehow!) I found this to be a great product (although, it may tangle when rinsing if you have curly hair like myself.) So definitely pile on the conditioner! :)

A great thing I found is that I actually had too much product! It doesn't seem it when you first mix the colour, but there is quite alot in the bottle I found, for me anyway with medium-length hair.

One negative thing I must say about this product is that I'm finding the colour runs after almost every wash. I have only had the colour in for 2 weeks now and it has already begun to fade. I would expect alot more for such a top quality dye in every other area, but I suppose nothing can be perfect! In saying this, I would definitely 100% use this product again. The colour came out beautiful, even better than expected. Maybe I will try leaving the colour in for a little longer next time and see if it lasts a greater period of time.

Thanks to anyone who read my big, long review. Hope it was helpful!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The product does an ok job coloring my hair covering my gray hair, but I an stunned that after such long time with so many negative reviews on the application bottle, the manufacturer has not made any changes to it. I usually buy the black or soft black shade which covers my gray hair reasonable well, but the application bottle is just impossible to work with, keeps slipping out of my hands. I may or may not buy it again - I just know I have always been so annoyed with the design of the applicator.

Great home colour! I bought this because I wanted a low damage/no ammonia dye to cover my grey roots (omg, I'm 30 seriously). I usually just bleach over as my hair is all blonde but the bleach doesn't seem to cover greys these days so I had to buy a proper 'dye'. I bought 9.3 light golden blonde and it has covered 95% of the greys and left a really nice warm blonde colour. Really happy! No harsh chemical smell, easy to use and my hair feels soft and silky. Definitely recommend!

on 6/13/2017 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used the olia 110 Super Light Natural blonde, I had put a medium blonde on my near white hair and it turned it muddy and orange at the roots. I bought the olia 110 in hopes of bringing back my old hair color and lightening the orange /muddy tones. The product was easy to mix, I didn't like the developer being in a separate tube because I found it left so much product behind and I actually cut the bottle open and scooped it out. And the tear drop bottle isn't fantastic, since it's very slippery. The product itself smelled very nice, the best smelling hair dye there is, nice flower smell. I mixed it and put it on for 25 minutes. And the result was the perfect light blonde. It lifted out all the mud color. Leaving me with almost white hair again (more cool toned rather than neutral, exactly what I hoped for) and in good condition. I'm super happy with this product and will 100 % purchase it again.

Olia 110 Super Light neutral blonde, part of the new super blonde collection they have.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the worst hair color I've ever tried. Even though it's allegedly 60% oils, my hair felt really damaged after I used this. I'm on the Mermeida method which actually recommends this product but I wasn't pleased with their pick. I usually love their recommendations, but not this one.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Background: my hair is a dirty blonde naturally and after a year of no coloring, I had about 4-5 inches of that color roots and 4-5 inches of bright blonde at bottom. Picked up Olia in Light Pearl Blonde to try to even it all out. What a mistake. It turned my roots a gingery blonde color, nothing like the box described. Like orange, not even close to blonde. Was all patchy, too. Had to pick up a toner to cover all my hair in a dark ashy blonde to rectify the situation. Plus they hardly give you any product!! Why are box dyes skimping on product? It should be enough in a box to do my length at minimum! Long story short- Olia is terrible, never again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been dying my hair for over ten years and have used several brands of at home hair dye kits. This hair dye is the absolute worst thing I have ever put in my hair. This is the first and only time that dying my hair resulted having to see a professional to color correct my hair because it was so bad. Because of this hair dye I did not dye my hair at all for almost 3 years.

At the time I was dying my hair with L’oreal Feria #56 auburn brown. I had chosen the Olia dye in a similar shade and it had been over a month since the last time it was dyed. I thought it would benefit me to try this since it doesn’t have ammonia in it and is made with oils. I would think this would be better for my hair so why not.

The instructions were basic and easy to follow. The gloves were okay. The weird egg shape of the bottle applicator was awkward to hold and I was afraid it would slip out of my hand during application. The dye washed out easily enough and didn’t stain my scalp. However, the result was a mess of patchy uneven color, none of which matched what it was supposed to be. Some places were a dull brown while others were bright red. My hair was a crunchy mess and the conditioner was pretty much useless.

Even the cheap Revlon hair dye has never messed my hair up as much as this dye did.

My hair was left in such poor condition I didn't dare try to fix it on my own. I spent almost $200 to professionally lift what hair dye could be removed so it could be colored over evenly. I discontinued coloring my hair completely to allow it to grow out so I could cut off all the hair this dye damaged.

This was three years ago but the reviews still show this product is garbage.

PROS
doesn’t smell too strong
doesn’t stain scalp

CONS
inconsistant, patchy color
dries out hair
awkward shaped applicator bottle

on 10/17/2016 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I dyed my hair for the very first time in my life a few weeks ago. I used the deep violet on my dark brown hair to enhance the color. The color did not show up as intensely as on the box which is not a surprise and that I knew already. In low light, my hair looks black. When there is enough light, my hair shows up as a reddish color, kinda burgundy but really on the red side rather than purple. I actually like it though I could probably give red a try next time. It's ben 3 weeks and the color has not faded. From time to time, I use the revlon nutri color creme in violet to enhance the color and then you can see the violet better.
As for the product itself, it has a nice smell and does not stink. The amount was more than enough for my shoulder length fine hair. I did not even need to use all to cover everything.
My hair does not feel dry. It has a nice shine and feels quite nice.

on 2/12/2017 12:28:00 PM

I have read so many bad reviews on here about this product, luckily I didn't read them before using it. I decided to dye my light blonde hair darker for the winter I just fancied a change, this was a huge decision as I have always been blonde. Anyway I picked up the light golden brown 6.3 olia hair dye in Walmart for about $8, I left the product on my hair for about 35-40 minutes (the instructions say 30) before massaging my hair and rinsing it out. I am over the moon with my results, my hair looks and feels amazing and the colour is gorgeous, I've had so many compliments. I have now had this colour for almost a week, I left it three days before washing to allow the colour to lock in, and after the first wash I see no signs of fading so fingers crossed the colour lasts a while, I also didn't use all of the after care conditioner it come with so I used it again when I did my first wash. All in all I am extremely happy with this product and colour and would recommend to others to try.