Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

3.8

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Organic Kelp) Extract, Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (Organic Blue Green Algae) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Salix Nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Polysorbate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid, Lavendula Angustifolia (Certifed Organic) Hydrosol.

on 8/26/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use this at night after my glycolic acid toner, when my skin is prepped and ready to take in a more hydrating product. After first use I immediately felt a difference in how much more nourished and hydrated my skin was, and the night after I noticed that inflammation was significantly reduced. After several more uses I have noticed that my skin is starting to feel less and less irritated from all the acne I have and much more balanced.

My breakouts have lessened as well, and Iím sure itís due to my increased water intake and stripping down my skincare routine to its basics, but Iím pretty confident that this toner has helped speed up the process. I mean, the ingredients pretty much speak for itself..

on 11/15/2013 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've only had this product for two full days. I bought it because I read so many positive reviews. I've dealt with problem skin my whole life: sensitive, oily, dry in spots, acne-prone. Lately, I've gotten most of my breakouts under control but figured I'd try this. My face looks like a war zone. New, painful and inflamed red zits have formed all over my face, much more than usual, and like arielleem, I have also experienced itchiness on my neck. I'm really hoping it doesn't turn into a full-fledged rash. At this point, I'm willing to continue with the product for the next couple of days. However, in my experience, products that don't work right away never do‚ÄĒthe whole "it's just drawing out the impurities" thing never seems to be the case. I'm hoping I don't have to return it, but it's not looking good.

on 8/20/2013 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the only products I would repurchase from Michael Todd. The Blue Algae toner is great. I really like how it soothes my skin and takes off everything and cleans out my skin nicely. I like the added effect that after using this my skin doesn't feel tight, irritated, or dry. It feels moisturized slightly. The reason my low rating is that it advertises as an acne prevention and treatment. I've been using this for 4 months now and still breaking out and it hasn't done its job in the Acne category. I would still repurchase this as it is a Natural Toner and I can't seem to find anything that's better and ive tried quite a few of products. I have grown to like the smell of this toner. It does take off the residue that my Purity Cleanser doesn't and refreshes the skin nicely. But it DOES NOT prevent or aids in treatment of acne. Although the ingredients are beneficial to Acne I didn't find it to help at all unfortunately!

on 3/30/2013 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Background: My skin is fairly clear now, my biggest trouble is hyperpigmentation. I do break out every once in a while but because my skin has such trouble with hyperpigmentation, I've been trying to prevent those occasional pimples.

Onto the product, honestly, I think it helps. I've gone through a bottle of this and just purchased 2 more (cheaper on shipping and I foresee myself sticking to this). I haven't had a pimple since I started using this (but then I used a new foundation and DISASTER). So this works for me as a preventative step. Now, if you have real acne issue I'm not sure how helpful this will be. I don't think this helps get rid of acne, but I think it does help prevent fresh breakouts. If you have fairly calm skin that gets the occasional breakout that you would like to prevent, give this a shot.

One other thing, perhaps I'm using too much, but I went through a bottle of this in 2 months which I think is ridiculous. Though i don't know how much blame I can put on the product. Maybe it should be a touch cheaper considering how fast you go through it. I just bought different cotton puffs which are thinner so hopefully that'll help make this last longer.