Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Organic Kelp) Extract, Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (Organic Blue Green Algae) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Salix Nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Polysorbate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid, Lavendula Angustifolia (Certifed Organic) Hydrosol.

on 5/30/2013 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE
I now often use this on my boyfriend after he shaves. He has sensitive skin too and always got a lot of inflammated hair follicles. We're talking about 10-30 small pimples gathered in a bunch several places at once. Then I began using this on him... and his skin is 90% better! :D If you know a guy that has the same problem, he should try this! :)
END OF UPDATE
I bought this because of a beauty guru mentioning that several other people said that this keep hormone related breakouts away, and also experienced it herself. Right now that is about the only type of break outs I get, so I decided to try this out.
I was very disappointed about the Michael Tod website not being honest by not posting reviews that were under 4 stars, but I won't rate this toner down for that reason - it's a great product for me.
First off: the bottle is HUGE! I was really afraid of receiving a tiny little bottle of toner, but got positively surprised. The first thing I looked at on the bottle were the ingredients (yey - they are on the bottle!) - I don't think I've ever seen that many active ingredients in a product. Instead of containing lots of fillers and things that makes the consistency pleasant, this have actually working ingredients - you aren't paying for "just some water"!
I have sensitive skin, so it's great that this doesn't contain alcohol! I don't use this with a cotton pad. I did try it once, just to see if my double face cleanse for some reason left some makeup behind... it doesn't :) Because rubbing things on my face might irritate my skin, I use this toner by pouring a little in my palm, dipping my fingers in it and putting it on my face, then patting it - it works great! I use this twice a day.
I usually get small hormonal acne (leading to big hyperpigmentated areas) on my jawline and neck, but I've actually seen a reduction in these acne since I began using this toner - reduction so far, not total absence. I can't explain the mechanism behind it, but I would definitely recommend trying this if you have the same problem.
I also loved that I got 4 samples with this one purchase: the silk and pearl peeling, the charcoal scrub, the vitamin C serum and a citrus toner. I have already ordered the silk and pearl peeling, and the charcoal scrub. I don't know if the vitamin C serum works - I think I would need to use it for quite longer than the sample would last (about 7 uses for me), but, honestly, I haven't had many serums that have made much difference to my skin. Till now, the only serums that I for sure can say made a difference is the Hadalabo Shirojyun Deep Whitening Lotion (amazing!) and the Missha Night Repair Science Activating Ampoule (which I CAN'T use too often) - I have a review on both. The citrus toner I haven't tried, as it's for oily skin, and mine is dry. Will probably try sometime in the summer as my skin might be oilier then.
I have also bought the "sensitive dry skin regimen", so I will review those products after trying them out for some time too (usually after using hem for about 3 or so months, unless they give some kind of immediate effect)

on 2/25/2013 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this toner because of all of the great reviews. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and this barely helped to combat any pimples. It also dried out my skin a little.
I do love the bottle though, it easily dispenses the right amount of product.