Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

3.8

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Organic Kelp) Extract, Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (Organic Blue Green Algae) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Salix Nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Polysorbate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid, Lavendula Angustifolia (Certifed Organic) Hydrosol.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I saw several reviews of this toner on Youtube and decided to give it a try. It smells amazing - like lavender. I am used to other toners that sting and burn when you put them on your skin, and this didn't do that at all thankfully. The bottle lasted me forever - I used it every day for almost 6 months. As soon as I ran out of it my skin started breaking out, so time to buy another bottle and a back up!!

on 2/5/2014 10:38:00 AM

What is most noticeable about this product is its strong smell. It smells a lot like witch hazel (not my favorite). I was hesitant to put it on my face because of this, but it actually is quite gentle and did not irritate my skin. I feel that my skin is softer after using this. It is too early to tell in terms of acne prevention (although currently I do not have any). I have to disagree, however, with the marketing on this product that it is a SUPER moisturizing product. Hardly at all. But I do not think that the point of a toner for acne is to really moisturize in the first place. This product deserves a solid four stars.

on 9/24/2013 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to love this. All the ingredients are so wonderful, reviews stellar... Doesn't work for me. I have extremely dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin and recently my acne has been out of control. I'm 23 and have had about 10 active pimples on my face plus 20 angry red scars for the past year with no clearing signs ahead. I bought this expecting miracles. The ingredients are to die for! Well first of all, every time I use it it burns so bad it's almost unbearable. And I used it on my neck only once and that was probably 2 months ago and broke out in an insane rash it's still there. I don't know what it is! It works for everyone I'm devastated. If you are reading this don't let my review scare you away. It has fantastic ingredients and rave reviews (which got me to purchase it) but it certainly didn't agree with me. Skin issues is a learning game and all about experimenting. All skin is different and you have to keep trying until you find your winner! I still give it three lippies just because I know it is great for most people. But for me the search continues!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't write reviews often. I don't think I've written one in 5+ years. However, I had to write one for this product. I heard from other YouTube and beauty bloggers that Michael Todd only publishes 4+ star ratings (I have no idea if that's true or not), so I decided to write my review here just in case.

I have oily, acne prone, and reactive skin. Even though I'm 26, I still broke out a lot - especially with grad school, and around that time of the month. And then I bought this toner. Best thing I've ever purchased. Ever. I've used drug store, department store/sephora, and prescription products. Nothing has worked for my skin as well as this has. It's reduced my breakouts by about 90% (after about 3weeks of use). Freaking amazing!

Packaging -- You get a significant amount of product. Way more than other drug store or department store products.

Price - Awesome. The site offers a 10% coupon for first time shoppers.

Routine:
Morning: Wash w/ Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub, Blue Green Algae Toner, mix Clinique Acne Moisturizer with Aveeno radiance moisturizer

Night: Wash with CeraVe (2x), Blue Green Algae Toner, mix Clinique Acne Moisturizer with Aveeno radiance moisturizer

Spot Treatment - Clinique Emergency Lotion

on 8/20/2013 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the only products I would repurchase from Michael Todd. The Blue Algae toner is great. I really like how it soothes my skin and takes off everything and cleans out my skin nicely. I like the added effect that after using this my skin doesn't feel tight, irritated, or dry. It feels moisturized slightly. The reason my low rating is that it advertises as an acne prevention and treatment. I've been using this for 4 months now and still breaking out and it hasn't done its job in the Acne category. I would still repurchase this as it is a Natural Toner and I can't seem to find anything that's better and ive tried quite a few of products. I have grown to like the smell of this toner. It does take off the residue that my Purity Cleanser doesn't and refreshes the skin nicely. But it DOES NOT prevent or aids in treatment of acne. Although the ingredients are beneficial to Acne I didn't find it to help at all unfortunately!