Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

4.1

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Organic Kelp) Extract, Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (Organic Blue Green Algae) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Salix Nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Polysorbate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid, Lavendula Angustifolia (Certifed Organic) Hydrosol.

on 2/28/2016 3:18:00 AM

6-7 years ago, I used to use a toner- Neutrogena Deep Clean Toner, which is now discontinued. My skin used to be clear, I stopped using it perhaps 4 years ago. Then I started having hormonal acne ( on the chin area) 3 years ago, I was able to find the Neutrogena toner online again but it didn't seem to work anymore. I then tried witch hazel, Neutrogena Alcohol free toner, the body shop green tea toner, Loreal Hydra toner, Neutrogena rapid clear toner, Mario Badescu, Clinique toner, proactive and NOTHING seemed to make a difference. They either did nothing, dried my skin or aggravated my acne. So I actually went 2 years without a toner. I've seen a few you tubers rave about this toner so I decided to give it a try since my new skincare regimen seem to be helping me clear 75-80% but I couldn't fully get rid of the tiny, pesky hormonal acne that kept lingering around. I use this twice a day, at night follow by oil cleanse ( jojoba oil) and in the morning after splashing my face with warm water and it has done wonders!!! I am completely clear now. At the start of using this 1 week ago, I had 2 white head and 7 small clogged pores about to turn into acne. Now the 2 white head are 75% gone, the small clogged pores have literally dried up, and heads have come to the surface with a gentle squeeze. Usually before this, the tiny clogged pores would eventually become an angry white head that would cause red hyper pigmentation.

The bottle is quite large, a little over 8 oz. The smell is really not as bad as other ppl claim. It smells a tiny bit like herb but mainly fresh. It doesn't burn at all. My only complaint is the pump, it splashes and gets everywhere. Perhaps I got a faulty pump? I love this product and will continue to use this! Definitely recommend for hormonal acne.

on 8/26/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use this at night after my glycolic acid toner, when my skin is prepped and ready to take in a more hydrating product. After first use I immediately felt a difference in how much more nourished and hydrated my skin was, and the night after I noticed that inflammation was significantly reduced. After several more uses I have noticed that my skin is starting to feel less and less irritated from all the acne I have and much more balanced.

My breakouts have lessened as well, and Iím sure itís due to my increased water intake and stripping down my skincare routine to its basics, but Iím pretty confident that this toner has helped speed up the process. I mean, the ingredients pretty much speak for itself..

I use this toner after I have used face wash to cleanse my face. The toner feels very soothing and pleasant on the skin. The toner does help to provide additional cleaning. If there are any traces of makeup that are left behind, then the toner wipes it clean.

I usually need a few drops of the toner on my cotton wool to completely swipe on my face. The toner helps to make my skin feel very fresh and clean. The toner is recommended to use twice a day, but I have been using this toner primarily in my night-time routine. The toner provided a thorough cleaning of my face.

The toner contains blue-green algae for providing antioxidant and vitamin benefits to the skin. The toner does not provide all the anti-aging solution required. However, the advantage I did find while using this toner was that my skin pores were even. The toner also provides anti-bacterial benefits as it contains tea tree oil. So, if I have any bumps appearing on the skin, the toner act as a good protective measure.

on 11/10/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this toner is wonderful for cleaning out your pores at the end of the day. no matter how clean my skin feels, this toner is still able to take gunk out of my pores as it shows up on the cotton pad. this is great for me as i have oily skin and would like to make sure that my pores are not further clogged. it does not break me out either and i love its anti-bacterial properties.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently started trying out Michael Todd products and UGHH I AM IN LOVE!! This toner is one of my favorite products that I tried from this brand. At first, I didn't see much of a difference but I noticed I was getting less break outs and my pores looked a lot smaller. I'm guessing the anit-bacterial factor really helped prevent break outs and helped maintain clear pores. The only thing that turned me off about this product is the scent. It just smells really herbally and organic .. I eventually got used to it though. Definitely one of the best toners I have ever tried!

on 3/1/2014 2:30:00 AM

Amazing toner for acne prone skin. I don't think it actually helps my skin a lot, but I do think its antibacterial property helps with the pimple a little bit. It feels slightly tingle when I first try it, that feeling fades away quickly. I like to use it after I poped a pimple. I'll repurchase it if I don't find any toner that works better. ( it also made out of mainly aloe water which is amazing!)

on 1/25/2014 11:01:00 PM

This stuff is awesome. Like someone else said, it works best to prevent breakouts from happening vs clearing old ones, BUT it does this so well, while also cleaning up any little dirt left behind overnight or the end of the day (I use this both times for good measure) - Essentially, if you have sensitive skin, it may sting a little, but in a "I'm working & doing my magic" kind of way and it goes away very quickly - It will also sting a little more after the use of makeup VS. a normal day at home without it, or for someone who doesn't use any heavy foundation. (Which again, imo, shows it's actually working) BUT if you still can't handle the sting, applying with less product will help a lot, though you may not get the same results.

Personally, I still break out here and there but the difference is that it's in a more "normal" way, whereas before it was a little excessive and difficult to manage. The product claims to moisturize but I find this minimal- though it does seem to normalize any flaking breakouts with the help of moisturizer. Also, a baby-smooth finish right after use is certainly probable.

My only con is that this will probably last me just under 2 months. (despite the large size bottle) ... As well as the dark packaging being very difficult to figure out how much you've got left/been using. Though this is my first "regular" toner that I've found worth continuing (I've tried maybe 3 or so altogether) so I'm not sure if that's normal...

And of course, the fact that it's almost 100% natural is really cool.

PS: The smell is a slightly medicinal/herbal lavender scent. Take that as you may :)

on 12/28/2013 12:03:00 PM

I love this it cleared ALL my pimples and acne up within two weeks or less and I love it!! It is a bit hard to get past the smell though but I can't live without this!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Before I bought this product I think what's the point of putting on toner till I got this. It's perfectly for skin I noticed a difference in my skin when I use this and smells amazing, my baby sister says it smells like in her words 'nature and tree' lol

on 11/11/2013 12:38:00 PM

I've been struggling with severe hormonal acne due to PCOS. While I've recently went back on my BCP, I also added this toner to my skincare routine and I really think it's been helping with the acne. Right now my skin is drying out (normally combo/oily) and I have large, painful break-out spots on my cheeks and jawline/neck. I've been using this toner day and night and notice a significant decrease in redness, swelling and new spots.

My face feels refreshed and clean after using this. And even though my skin is dry during the winter months, I don't feel like this strips my skin and makes it feel tight or uncomfortable.

I think this is very similar to the Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae toner that has been discontinued, so if you loved that one and were looking for a replacement, check this out.