Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

Filtered by age: 30-35
Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

4.1

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Organic Kelp) Extract, Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (Organic Blue Green Algae) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Salix Nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Polysorbate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid, Lavendula Angustifolia (Certifed Organic) Hydrosol.

Really nice toner. Doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or over drying. Not crazy about the packaging. The container is thick plastic and you have to squeeze really hard to get it out.

on 2/28/2016 3:18:00 AM

6-7 years ago, I used to use a toner- Neutrogena Deep Clean Toner, which is now discontinued. My skin used to be clear, I stopped using it perhaps 4 years ago. Then I started having hormonal acne ( on the chin area) 3 years ago, I was able to find the Neutrogena toner online again but it didn't seem to work anymore. I then tried witch hazel, Neutrogena Alcohol free toner, the body shop green tea toner, Loreal Hydra toner, Neutrogena rapid clear toner, Mario Badescu, Clinique toner, proactive and NOTHING seemed to make a difference. They either did nothing, dried my skin or aggravated my acne. So I actually went 2 years without a toner. I've seen a few you tubers rave about this toner so I decided to give it a try since my new skincare regimen seem to be helping me clear 75-80% but I couldn't fully get rid of the tiny, pesky hormonal acne that kept lingering around. I use this twice a day, at night follow by oil cleanse ( jojoba oil) and in the morning after splashing my face with warm water and it has done wonders!!! I am completely clear now. At the start of using this 1 week ago, I had 2 white head and 7 small clogged pores about to turn into acne. Now the 2 white head are 75% gone, the small clogged pores have literally dried up, and heads have come to the surface with a gentle squeeze. Usually before this, the tiny clogged pores would eventually become an angry white head that would cause red hyper pigmentation.

The bottle is quite large, a little over 8 oz. The smell is really not as bad as other ppl claim. It smells a tiny bit like herb but mainly fresh. It doesn't burn at all. My only complaint is the pump, it splashes and gets everywhere. Perhaps I got a faulty pump? I love this product and will continue to use this! Definitely recommend for hormonal acne.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I saw several reviews of this toner on Youtube and decided to give it a try. It smells amazing - like lavender. I am used to other toners that sting and burn when you put them on your skin, and this didn't do that at all thankfully. The bottle lasted me forever - I used it every day for almost 6 months. As soon as I ran out of it my skin started breaking out, so time to buy another bottle and a back up!!

on 11/11/2013 12:38:00 PM

I've been struggling with severe hormonal acne due to PCOS. While I've recently went back on my BCP, I also added this toner to my skincare routine and I really think it's been helping with the acne. Right now my skin is drying out (normally combo/oily) and I have large, painful break-out spots on my cheeks and jawline/neck. I've been using this toner day and night and notice a significant decrease in redness, swelling and new spots.

My face feels refreshed and clean after using this. And even though my skin is dry during the winter months, I don't feel like this strips my skin and makes it feel tight or uncomfortable.

I think this is very similar to the Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae toner that has been discontinued, so if you loved that one and were looking for a replacement, check this out.

on 8/20/2013 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the only products I would repurchase from Michael Todd. The Blue Algae toner is great. I really like how it soothes my skin and takes off everything and cleans out my skin nicely. I like the added effect that after using this my skin doesn't feel tight, irritated, or dry. It feels moisturized slightly. The reason my low rating is that it advertises as an acne prevention and treatment. I've been using this for 4 months now and still breaking out and it hasn't done its job in the Acne category. I would still repurchase this as it is a Natural Toner and I can't seem to find anything that's better and ive tried quite a few of products. I have grown to like the smell of this toner. It does take off the residue that my Purity Cleanser doesn't and refreshes the skin nicely. But it DOES NOT prevent or aids in treatment of acne. Although the ingredients are beneficial to Acne I didn't find it to help at all unfortunately!

This is the best toner I've ever used and one of my two favorite Michael Todd products (the other is the Citrus Cream Moisturizer)!

This is one of the powerhouses of the Michael Todd system. It has a refreshing tingle, zaps blemishes, and really balances the oils in my face. My skintone is brighter, the redness at the tops of my cheeks is gone, and my blemishes steadily cleared up and have been (mostly) prevented by this toner! I've been able to wear lighter make-up because I no longer need the heavy coverage and there's been a huge decrease in the amount of oil in my T-zone.

The only thing I don't like about this toner is the smell. It has a really strong medicinal lavender scent that smells exactly like Zoya's nail polish remover to me. Ugh! I don't like it at all but I can overlook it for the results I get. It also fades almost immediately so I don't have to smell it for long.

I was also pleasantly surprised with my full size purchase. The website says the bottle is 7.8oz but I received an 8.4 ounce bottle.

I still suffer from occasional breakouts, and YT gurus and other online reviewers raved about how this cleared up their skin, so I wanted to give this a try. What I love about MTTO products is they're organic and contain no parabens, artificial colors/fragrances, etc. Blue green algae and tea tree oil are supposed to be antibacterial, and the hyaluronic acid is supposed to be moisturizing. While I still breakout occasionally (blackheads and whiteheads), I like this toner. It smells very herbally and "natural," and feels quite refreshing (but doesn't contain alcohol). This toner isn't holy grail status, but I think it's a nice addition to my regimen.