Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

Filtered by age: 25-29
Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

4.1

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Organic Kelp) Extract, Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (Organic Blue Green Algae) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Salix Nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Polysorbate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid, Lavendula Angustifolia (Certifed Organic) Hydrosol.

Bought this toner after reading some reviews on youtube, it was a mistake..
I have normal to dry and sensitive skin, this product stings quite a little on my face and I feel a immediate dryness. After I use it for a few nights my skin becomes so much dryer first I wasn't aware what causes it then I stop putting this toner for a few days and my skin went back to normal. So wouldn't recommend this to dry and sensitive skin, but the ingredients looks good maybe it works well on other skin types.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I never really understood the importance of a toner until about a few months ago when my skin began getting overly dry during the day. Granted the weather was a factor in this but another factor was that my pH levels in my skin were off and causing my face to get dry.

After talking to my dermatologist, I learned using a toner really helps to balance out my skin and oils throughout the day. I have been using this particular toner for a few weeks and at first I noticed my oiliness improved around my T-Zone as well as my blackheads have decreased in size and I don't see as many of them.

I switched to using this toner when I wanted to add something that would kill and prevent oils and germs from spreading on my face after I washed it. This toner doesn't dry out my skin and soaks in quickly. I like how my pores also reduce in size when I use this.

on 11/10/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this toner is wonderful for cleaning out your pores at the end of the day. no matter how clean my skin feels, this toner is still able to take gunk out of my pores as it shows up on the cotton pad. this is great for me as i have oily skin and would like to make sure that my pores are not further clogged. it does not break me out either and i love its anti-bacterial properties.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have been using this for a week and I like it. I have sensitive skin that breaks out if I introduce it to anything new, but this has reacted very well. The scent is a bit strong (that is why I took off a lippie). Other than that, I am interested in trying more products from this company!

on 2/5/2014 10:38:00 AM

What is most noticeable about this product is its strong smell. It smells a lot like witch hazel (not my favorite). I was hesitant to put it on my face because of this, but it actually is quite gentle and did not irritate my skin. I feel that my skin is softer after using this. It is too early to tell in terms of acne prevention (although currently I do not have any). I have to disagree, however, with the marketing on this product that it is a SUPER moisturizing product. Hardly at all. But I do not think that the point of a toner for acne is to really moisturize in the first place. This product deserves a solid four stars.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't write reviews often. I don't think I've written one in 5+ years. However, I had to write one for this product. I heard from other YouTube and beauty bloggers that Michael Todd only publishes 4+ star ratings (I have no idea if that's true or not), so I decided to write my review here just in case.

I have oily, acne prone, and reactive skin. Even though I'm 26, I still broke out a lot - especially with grad school, and around that time of the month. And then I bought this toner. Best thing I've ever purchased. Ever. I've used drug store, department store/sephora, and prescription products. Nothing has worked for my skin as well as this has. It's reduced my breakouts by about 90% (after about 3weeks of use). Freaking amazing!

Packaging -- You get a significant amount of product. Way more than other drug store or department store products.

Price - Awesome. The site offers a 10% coupon for first time shoppers.

Routine:
Morning: Wash w/ Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub, Blue Green Algae Toner, mix Clinique Acne Moisturizer with Aveeno radiance moisturizer

Night: Wash with CeraVe (2x), Blue Green Algae Toner, mix Clinique Acne Moisturizer with Aveeno radiance moisturizer

Spot Treatment - Clinique Emergency Lotion

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I think this is a good toner. It doesn't irritate my skin or anything like that. But I'm not sure if it works any better than plain witchhazel that I was using before. It does smell nicer than the witchhazel but it is also more expensive. Still I would repurchase. If you are on a budget I think the plain witchhazel from the drugstore works just fine.

on 4/13/2013 5:03:00 PM

This is definitely my favorite toner. I have tried the korres one, lancome, clinique, straight witch hazel.....nothing worked well. They all dried out my face which I was able to manage with heavy moisturizer. I liked them but I needed something better and without the denatured alcohol.

I think this is it. I also have the cranberry and the lemon ones to try but so far this one is great. It is good at getting the extra makeup/residue off and doesn't dry my skin as much. It doesn't provide a miracle cure for acne but does help prevent new break outs and reduces redness. I do still get breakouts from some hormones but not as bad as before and far less frequently. Definitely a good product and cheaper than a lot of the high end ones.